PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Elway >>>>>>>>> Montana

LOL at this ****. I could be accurate throwing to Rice and Taylor

And how many Receptions & Yards did Rice & Taylor rack up during Montana's first 2 SuperBowls?

Please refresh my memory. :)

LOL, this is like arguing for Peyton on a lower level. You realize that right? Dude is gonna have his 3 main guys enter the hall of fame

Those teams werent horrible, but they were pretty average.

So tell me, how does Montana do it stepping into a Rolls Royce everytime he went on the field.

Yes.. the Broncos were so "AVERAGE" they only had a top 10 defense each time when you look at yards. And when you look at Points, they had the #7 defense in 1987 and the #1 defense in 1989..

OH.. and the Broncos had the #4 offense in terms of points in 1987 as well.. But, yeah, they were so AVERAGE.. :rolleyes:

Clearly you don't know what the term AVERAGE really means..

Dude.. Please go away.. You clearly don't want to deal in facts..

I guess you missed where I mentioned I grew up an Elway fan and a Niner hater but still rank Montana ahead.

You must have something missing in your brain then. Sorry about that

And yes, it must be pointed out that despite getting kicked around in the Superbowl under Reeves, if you look at the rosters the noteworthy players other than Elway are on the defense.

Nice, Brother 16!! We couldn't've choreographed that better!!
jester.gif

Yes.. the Broncos were so "AVERAGE" they only had a top 10 defense each time when you look at yards. And when you look at Points, they had the #7 defense in 1987 and the #1 defense in 1989..

OH.. and the Broncos had the #4 offense in terms of points in 1987 as well.. But, yeah, they were so AVERAGE.. :rolleyes:

Clearly you don't know what the term AVERAGE really means..

Dude.. Please go away.. You clearly don't want to deal in facts..

You realize the OFFENSIVE talent level was not up to par with usual Super bowl teams correct? And there stats are misleading because the AFC was an average at best conference at the time. This is like arguing with Obama.

Worse than thinking Montana would have made the Broncos better in the 80s. Ok wiseguy

That wasn't actually me that said that...A bit psychotic, are we? :)

You must have something missing in your brain then. Sorry about that
Probably that little filter that causes fans of one team or player to not acknowledge the accomplishments of their opponents.

Im looking at Montana's roster right now through the years and Im just shaking my head that any clown could think hes better then Elway, unless you are some weird Montana superfan.

Elway was a mobile gunslinger with intangibles and heart, but prone to lots of bad decisions, and sucked against good defenses who basically just swallowed him up and made him disappear.

He got annihilated in the Superbowl 2013 Peyton Manning style three freaking times.

Why in the world do people consider Montana better than Elway. Are you going to tell me Montana would have taken those broncos teams to the superbowl? lol yeah right

And of course the lack of talent Elway was playing with, just like Brady
Who is saying this ?

What kind of drugs are you on? LMAO

LOL at Montana making the offense better. That makes a lot of sense since Elway was the better pure QB!!

You are the one on drugs.. Elway wasn't the better pure QB..
Montana - 192 Games - 63.2% Completion Rate - 273 TD- 139 Ints - 313 sacks taken
Elway - 234 Games - 56.9% completion rate - 300 TDs - 223 Ints - 512 sacks taken

Saying that Elway is a better pure QB than Montana is the equivalent of saying that Michael Vick is a better pure QB than Brady..

OH.. I forgot to mention.. Joe Montana - 3 SB MVPs. John Elway - 1

Sorry, but only an Elway rump-swabber would come onto the Patriots board and try and use something other than Facts to make his case.

Im looking at Montana's roster right now through the years and Im just shaking my head that any clown could think hes better then Elway, unless you are some weird Montana superfan.
You seem to be focused on who did more with less vs. who did more.

I think it is pretty natural that most Patriots fans are going to fall into the latter category, especially given our love for Tom Brady who is eternally compared to stat monsters who can't win the big games.

Its a miracle he got to those Superbowls in the first place, lol.

Im getting trolled like no other here.

As if Elway's teams weren't talented? They cheated the salary cap to keep that insanely awesome roster for crying out loud. Montana had Rice and Clark but he never had an RB like Davis. Roger Craig was the closest thing.

Also, Montana beat Elway head to head in a Super Bowl. This is the first time in my life I've ever heard someone say Elway was better than Montana.
Montana's 49ers were loaded on both sides of the ball and had a HC that was equal to BB in Bill Walsh.

You seem to be focused on who did more with less vs. who did more.

I think it is pretty natural that most Patriots fans are going to fall into the latter category, especially given our love for Tom Brady who is eternally compared to stat monsters who can't win the big games.

Obviously doing more with less is better, which is why TB is easily the greatest. Elway's accomplishments are far more impressive than Montana's overrated ass with the best talent around him

Montana's 49ers were loaded on both sides of the ball and had a HC that was equal to BB in Bill Walsh.

Finally somebody who isnt drinking this afternoon. Good lord

I grew up in Northern California and was an Elway fan and Niner hater (I guess to be different), I became a Pats fan when I went to school in Boston in the early 90s.

I feel like TB is to Peyton as Montana is to Elway.

Which isn't to say I think that Elway is a big game choke artist, just that TB and Montana were a lot less flashy but really shined at management and execution while for most of their careers Peyton and Elway were do it all themselves QBs. Naturally Elway's greatest success came when Davis took off a lot of that burden. I do think they were the best team in the NFL for three years and would have beat Green Bay the year Bledsoe's Pats made it (which would have entirely changed Brett Favre's legacy).

With any luck TB will wind up with more rings.
The Elway/Reeves teams of the 80s was not nearly as good as the Elway/Shanny teams of 97-98

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back