PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ellis Hobbs: New NFL Record for Kickoff Return

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB says:

"He's aggressive and he made it work. I don't think anyone is going to say anything to him."

Great job Ellis!

I'd like to draw attention tio amazing speed with which the broadcasters brought up footage of that last KR for 106 yards from 1970-odd.

Football coverage sucks some of the time, but that was outstanding - ya think Hobbs gave them heads up to have the footage on hand?

that was a pretty sweet runback.

I, along with everyone else, was wondering what he was doing when he even attempted to return the ball. I think that was a still a bad decision, but a helluva good result.

Just think about recent kickoff returns for the Patriots

2007 Ellis Hobbs at Jets
2006 Ellis Hobbs at Texans
2005 none
2004 Bethel Johnson at Browns
2003 Bethel Johnson at Colts
2002 Kevin Faulk vs Jets
2002 Kevin Faulk at Raiders

Just think, that's 6 kickoff return TDs in the past 5+ seasons. It's amazing to the think that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers still do not have one in their entire history.

I wouldn't believe Bill on this one. Hobbs will get spoken to, but not for a couple of days.

BB says:

"He's aggressive and he made it work. I don't think anyone is going to say anything to him."

I love the job Ellis did after he made the decision, but it was, without question, a TERRIBLE decision. And then it wasn't.

And a big thumbs-up to the rest of the return team!!! You did your jobs-all 11 of you. Now keep it going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST