PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn not a good jersey choice, hopefully you didn't spend too much $. I have a Brady/Mayo jerseys because they are with the team for the long term.

Yeah one needs to check the contract status of a player anymore before dumping a large amount of money on a jersey these days, especially in the free agency era since '93.

I've been burned many times myself.

Damn not a good jersey choice, hopefully you didn't spend too much $. I have a Brady/Mayo jerseys because they are with the team for the long term.

In general, I've spent too much $ on jerseys. Brady (Home, Away, Throwback), Branch (Home), Edelman (Away), Gronk (Home), Mayo (Home), Woodhead (Home, Throwback), Welker (Home), Wilfork (Home, Throwback), Ridley (Home. My first nike jersey.).

Yeah, I think we're beyond me spendin too much $. But it's for the team.

Edit: Apparently, I forgot Woodhead's throwback jersey, so that actually means I can't wear 3 jerseys already. It would be 4 if we lose Edelman.

There are 3 good reasons why I want Edelman back:

1. His obvious ST ability that proves that he's good to take it to the house at least once every season. With Welker gone, I'd like to still have that option along with a combination of Amendola/Washington.

2. The fact that he's been developing much better as a WR over the past year or so. Mike Reiss pointed out how much he had improved upon his overall speed from 2011 to 2012, and Edelman and Brady worked hard in California last offseason to help with his progression and rapport with our QB. There were certainly some very nice flashes from Edelman in the past year, and I would like to see him brought in for 15-20 reps a game to use his strengths and act as a depth option at WR.

3. With Amendola showing some injury concerns in the past 2 yrs I'd certainly like to retain Edelman and his experience and knowledge of our scheme, even if he hasn't seen as many reps as we'd have liked. One would think that a combination of Amendola/Edelman would certainly get us through 16+ games, and if Amendola does have to rest a few games I'd want to have Edelman replacing him.

Agreed -- good player, still has upside. I think we do bring him back, does not appear that there are many going after him.

We don't have many receivers that know know our offense right now......

Yeah one needs to check the contract status of a player anymore before dumping a large amount of money on a jersey these days, especially in the free agency era since '93.

I've been burned many times myself.

Or, just buy the jersey of the player with your same last name!

or just buy a hat with the Patriots logo on it...that way when a certain player moves on, your whole life will not be turned upside down by this ultimately meaningless drama.

fgssand said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by supafly

There are 3 good reasons why I want Edelman back:

1. His obvious ST ability that proves that he's good to take it to the house at least once every season. With Welker gone, I'd like to still have that option along with a combination of Amendola/Washington.

2. The fact that he's been developing much better as a WR over the past year or so. Mike Reiss pointed out how much he had improved upon his overall speed from 2011 to 2012, and Edelman and Brady worked hard in California last offseason to help with his progression and rapport with our QB. There were certainly some very nice flashes from Edelman in the past year, and I would like to see him brought in for 15-20 reps a game to use his strengths and act as a depth option at WR.

3. With Amendola showing some injury concerns in the past 2 yrs I'd certainly like to retain Edelman and his experience and knowledge of our scheme, even if he hasn't seen as many reps as we'd have liked. One would think that a combination of Amendola/Edelman would certainly get us through 16+ games, and if Amendola does have to rest a few games I'd want to have Edelman replacing him.

Agreed -- good player, still has upside. I think we do bring him back, does not appear that there are many going after him.

We don't have many receivers that know know our offense right now......

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

or just buy a hat with the Patriots logo on it

And a jacket, and a hoodie, and a shirt, and a helmet, and gloves, and pajama pants, and sweatpants, and... yeah.

And a jacket, and a hoodie, and a shirt, and a helmet, and gloves, and pajama pants, and sweatpants, and... yeah.

you forgot oversized foam slippers....

p11012099dt.jpg

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Would not rule out a return by WR Julian Edelman to Pats. NE still searching for receivers. Market getting thin

Wow good info there, thanks for the heads up Jason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST