PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ebner now ahead of T. Wilson on the depth chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Tavon appears to have found is way all the way to the back of the dog house. It is alarming that Ebner is receiving snaps over Wilson, we invested a second round pick into this kid and he should be able to fill the 6th defensive back role with out issue.

Superlatives: Patriots-Panthers | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

CLEAREST WRITING ON THE WALL
Carolina got the first offensive series of the game. When the Patriots employed a dime package, the sixth defensive back onto the field was… Nate Ebner? Nate Ebner. The safety hasn't been much of a safety this season; he's played zero snaps on defense. But it was he New England called upon, rather than 2012 second-round selection Tavon Wilson. True, Wilson has been dealing with a hamstring injury this season. That's not what kept him out of action early Monday night, however.

What is up with this kid, he was not that poor as a rookie?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's disappointing for sure, but the quote is true that he has been dealing with injuries this year. Though that isnt particularly great either.

Never been sold on him, very good STer (which was extremely obvious last night) but completely lost on defense.

Only positive i take away from Wilson defensively isnt a positive at all. It is that alot of people thought harmon would be a similar pick, whereas harmon has actually looked fairly solid in his defensive snaps.

We all knew Tavon was an awful pick when it happened, even if you didn't want to admit it.

We all knew Tavon was an awful pick when it happened, even if you didn't want to admit it.

Jamie Collins is following the same pattern. High draft pick to add depth and special teams contributions.

Somebody explain BB that you do that from the 5th round on.

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

Tavon sucks as a DB. Point blank, period. He wouldn't even be a starter in the CFL. He's a decent special teamer and that's all he ever should be. It sucks that a second round pick was burned on him however. Oh well. It is what it is.

Somebody also explain to Bill that a guy who's not even projected to be drafted.... you can probably wait on.

I'll take people who like to say " I told you so" for 200 Alex.

in truth. Looks like time is running out for Mr. Wilson. The fact Mr. Bequette is still here is a little puzzling too.

And those same people would say the same thing about Harmon, who appears to have played quite well last night.

The 2012 draft class is very strange, for sure.

Chandler Jones- Almost an All-pro at age 23, home run pick.
Alfonzo Dennard-One of the best #2 CBs in the league who can be an effective #1 vs. the right matchups. (Like steve smith.....)
-----------------
Donta Hightower-I'll give him more time as playing LB in a BB defense is very challenging, but as of right now he is a mediocre LB, which is a shame considering the LBs that were taken after him.
Tavon Wilson-useless bust
Jake Bequette-useless bust

I never had high exceptions for our 2nd round picks, expect for Dobson. On the record, i didn't have any faith in Vereen specially after the first year, i am glad he proved me wrong.

I think Ebner played really well as a hybrid S/LB

And those same people would say the same thing about Harmon, who appears to have played quite well last night.

Can you expand on that? He had a good play in coverage on Ginn (I believe) in the game, but he didn't do anything to write home about other than that.

Sometimes the critics are right, Wilson was a wasted 2nd round pick and is a bust.

the pats have recent notoriety at picking DB losers in the 2nd round

darius butler
tyrone wheatley
patrick chung
tavon wilson

we love them almost as much as we love ron brace

My grandma would be ahead of both of these clowns on the depth chart.

In other news.... what's the prospect with Adrian Wilson for next year?

Could it just be a matchup issue where they thought Ebner would be better against a mobile QB like Newton?

No, he doesn't.

Could it just be a matchup issue where they thought Ebner would be better against a mobile QB like Newton?

Ebner played 3 defensive snaps in college. 36 in 2012. None this season.

You can't explain away a 2nd round pick getting benched for a guy who has seen as many snaps in his life as McCourty does in a half.

No, he doesn't.

Yessir. Has Harmon been bad? Nope. Do I regret the Pats drafting him? Nope. He's done about what you'd expect from a rookie at his draft position. But to chalk him up as some kind of success right, when all he's done is not stand out for the worse, now is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News