PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles release S Jarrad Page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was unimpressed with him in the few snaps he played.

He would still have to be better than the STer we have at safety currently.

I simply cannot understand some people's obsession about if we released a player they must suck.

If doesn't workout, big deal kick him out next week instead of that poor guy Ventrone :eek:

Last edited:
If he clears waivers, I don't see how he is not an upgrade over someone back there. Ventrone or Brown, not Sterling Moore he looks like a player.

If he clears waivers, I don't see how he is not an upgrade over someone back there. Ventrone or Brown, not Sterling Moore he looks like a player.

I have a Raider fan friend who tells me that the Raiders purportedly LOVED Sterling Moore and wanted to develop him. I hope he pans out. At least he is not afraid to stick his shoulder in there and hit someone. He's already is better than Merriweather. If it was Big Bang Clock, McCourty would be on IR now.

If I had to guess, he won't even make it to us on the waiver wire. I think the Bills or Jets would pick him up just to block us out. Everyone and their mother knows we're trotting out junk at SS. Anyone competitive in the AFC with a squishy back end of the roster could claim him to block us.

Considering we did tender him, it's hard to imagine that we wouldn't bring him back in if we had the chance. With the deal he is on now, there is no reason not to claim him.

Per Mike Reiss on Twitter, they thought enough of him to tender him a second rounder...

MikeReiss
On Jarrad Page, Pats thought enough of him to tender him at 2nd-round level as restricted FA in old CBA. Unclear how they view him now.

http://twitter.com/#!/MikeReiss

Well put.
Page is not a Patriot NOT because he was cut but because another team was willing to pay him more than we thought he was worth. Were I BB (I am not) I'd claim him if I had the opportunity and give it another go with the carnage in the backfield. Unlike most of the other FAs out there Page has familiarity with the system and could be a quick plug in.

I'm getting the feeling that there's something we don't know about him getting cut.

If I had to guess, he won't even make it to us on the waiver wire. I think the Bills or Jets would pick him up just to block us out. Everyone and their mother knows we're trotting out junk at SS.

I guess our Andy Johnson isn't everyone and their mother!

I have a Raider fan friend who tells me that the Raiders purportedly LOVED Sterling Moore and wanted to develop him. I hope he pans out. At least he is not afraid to stick his shoulder in there and hit someone. He's already is better than Merriweather. If it was Big Bang Clock, McCourty would be on IR now.

What? Look, I thought Moore looked very good, which isn't saying much compared to the pure sewer trash we had back there in Brown and Barrett. But he's not better than the Pro Bowler we had back there last year. At least not yet.

Why? Is the fact he failed in Philly a reason we should want him after not wanting him before?
So, you call putting a 2nd round pick tender on him not wanting him?

I normally agree with you, but here I disagree.

How sad are things at the safety position this year that we're actually hoping the Patriots put a waiver claim on Jarrad Page?

Me 6 months ago on Jarrad Page: "Wha...? Who? Some JAG? Who cares. We got lots of safeties."

Me today on Jarrad Page: "WE HAVE TO GET HIM BACK!"

How sad are things at the safety position this year that we're actually hoping the Patriots put a waiver claim on Jarrad Page?

If i remember correctly the Pats tryed to make him a 2nd rd. restricted free agent before the new CBA made him an unrestricted free agent. That being so the Pats did have intrest` in retaining him. Who else do you put on the roster in the depleated safety possition? That is available?

They need to sign this guy back if they have the opportunity.

Anybody remember why we cut him, was he just getting too much $ and we didnt' need him or what??

They need to sign this guy back if they have the opportunity.

Anybody remember why we cut him, was he just getting too much $ and we didnt' need him or what??

He was not cut. He was up for a new contract and he wanted to test the free agency waters. Pats tryed to restrict him at the second level but the new free agency rules made him an unrestricted free agent.

He was not cut. He was up for a new contract and he wanted to test the free agency waters. Pats tryed to restrict him at the second level but the new free agency rules made him an unrestricted free agent.

That's what I remember too. Again, going by our current safety position players, it is definitely worth a look, but what do I know :rolleyes:

James Ihedigbo and Sterling Moore are exactly who we need back there. To say that we need someone else that's not on our roster already begs the question "are you really a Patriot fan?"

Almost had me right up until I looked at the satirical screen name

If i remember correctly the Pats tryed to make him a 2nd rd. restricted free agent before the new CBA made him an unrestricted free agent. That being so the Pats did have intrest` in retaining him. Who else do you put on the roster in the depleated safety possition? That is available?

I'm for putting a waiver claim on Jerrad Page. And yes, I remember the tender we put on him in the offseason.

He would still have to be better than the STer we have at safety currently.

I simply cannot understand some people's obsession about if we released a player they must suck.

If doesn't workout, big deal kick him out next week instead of that poor guy Ventrone :eek:
With you having that attitude how would that lead to criticizing me being disinterested in whether we resign a guy we already moved on from? You are saying the same thing.

Let's play a game of "name the safeties that have been cut or IRed since the Eagles signed Page".

FFS, we started James Ihedigbo and Sterling Moore last week. I know that you're fundamentally incapable of acknowledging that the Patriots have a weak spot, but it's pretty obvious to everyone else that the safety situation has changed dramatically.
How does thinking Page isn't the answer mean anything about whether I think there is a weak spot?
Should we sign Ronnie Lott or Lawyer Milloy? Or just any slug with S after his name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes