PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles release S Jarrad Page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We tendered him as a 2nd rounder this offseason, so its not like we consider him scrap.

As for your logic - if we didn't want castoffs on our roster, what the hell are we doing with Antwaun Molden, Philip Adams, James Ihedigbo, Kyle Arrington, Sterling Moore, Sergio Brown, Josh Barret, etc., etc. All these players have either been released several times, went undrafted, been cut and re-signed by us, up and down off practice squads on our team and others, etc., etc.

You seem to have forgotten that most of the players inhabiting our secondary at the moment are castoffs themselves.
So because we have 'castoffs' I am supposed to be excited about every player that other teams cut?

So because we have 'castoffs' I am supposed to be excited about every player that other teams cut?

fill in all these in the bolded part:

1) player that we tendered a 2nd rounder and ended up signing with other team

2) for a position that is currently that we are EXTREMELY WEAK and filled in by a bunch of STers

3) a player who knows the system

4) a player who is worth a look

if you will...

Last edited:
PAge did fairly well here in New England and the safeties we have, he might be an upgrade. We are also thin at the safety position!

Leave Andy alone, he's liable to take another week-long timeout.

How does thinking Page isn't the answer mean anything about whether I think there is a weak spot?
Should we sign Ronnie Lott or Lawyer Milloy? Or just any slug with S after his name?

Might as well it can't get much worse!

Not every player, but players that were on our team that we tried to retain. You have to admit that it's hard to imagine a better opportunity to improve at the position at this point in the season.

If he was just some random guy another team cut, I wouldn't give a damn, but this guy has been on our team in the last 12 months and, at least, wasn't jettisoned for poor play.

It's either street free agents or Jarrad Page. Would you really rather the street free agents?

Last edited:
We tendered him as a 2nd rounder this offseason, so its not like we consider him scrap.

As for your logic - if we didn't want castoffs on our roster, what the hell are we doing with Antwaun Molden, Philip Adams, James Ihedigbo, Kyle Arrington, Sterling Moore, Sergio Brown, Josh Barret, etc., etc. All these players have either been released several times, went undrafted, been cut and re-signed by us, up and down off practice squads on our team and others, etc., etc.

You seem to have forgotten that most of the players inhabiting our secondary at the moment are castoffs themselves.

You are missing the point, Bill stuck with them. The 85 Bears defense could be available but since Bill chose these guys they are better for our franchise.

Bill didn't choose to have Page so he would be a liability if he played here.

There's a lot of excitement over a guy who played in only 20% of the defensive snaps last year and was absolutely atrocious in Philadelphia.

My understanding of Page is that he is a poor cover safety that is pretty good against the run. We already have that guy in Ihedigbo. Why do we need another one?

There's a lot of excitement over a guy who played in only 20% of the defensive snaps last year and was absolutely atrocious in Philadelphia.

Have you taken a look at the fecal matter in the middle of the field known as Sergio Brown?

What excitement? People want to bring him in because the alternative currently on the bench has been horrible. This is a lot more about Brown than Page.

You are missing the point, Bill stuck with them. The 85 Bears defense could be available but since Bill chose these guys they are better for our franchise.

Bill didn't choose to have Page so he would be a liability if he played here.

You are being facetious correct? Perhaps my sarcasm meter is on the fritz, but just because BB stuck with Brown, certainly doesn't mean Brown is better for our franchise than any other player or even any other player BB passed on....

Something is not absolute just because BB says so.

Again I'm sorry if you're being sarcastic, it's tough to judge a statement online sometimes...

You are being facetious correct? Perhaps my sarcasm meter is on the fritz, but just because BB stuck with Brown, certainly doesn't mean Brown is better for our franchise than any other player or even any other player BB passed on....

Something is not absolute just because BB says so.

Again I'm sorry if you're being sarcastic, it's tough to judge a statement online sometimes...

Of course I am being sarcastic.

If Brown is starting in the playoffs, well I would rather see the Jets beat us again than to start him (and essentially screw our already poor D in an important run, you just know the guy will f up when it matters most). Somehow certain fans insist that there is nothing to worry about, that all will go well and we will shut down elite QBs like we did Manning in 04.

I am still pissed that we drop Sanders, one of my favorites, for this guy. I mean if we couldn't win with Sanders how can we win with Sergio?

Last edited:
If Brown is starting in the playoffs, well I would rather see the Jets beat us again than to start him (and essentially screw our already poor D in an important run, you just know the guy will f up when it matters most). Somehow certain fans insist that there is nothing to worry about, that all will go well and we will shut down elite QBs like we did Manning in 04.

I am still (wicked) pissed that we drop Sanders, one of my favorites, for this guy. I mean if we couldn't win with Sanders how can we win with Sergio?

I have found the antiparticle to DW Toys!
Nobel prize in physics is mine!

I understand your point, but Meriwhether is not here because BB doesnt want him on this football team, and I doubt that changed.
Sanders IMO showed up out of shape, so maybe in shape he'd get another chance.
I saw nothing out of Page when he was here that makes me think there is any reason to want him back, other than there is an S after his name, which isn't good enough IMO, and the Eagles seem to concur.
I think the unfulfilled promise of Josh Barrett was one of the reasons BB let Merriweather and Sanders go. However giving the injury situation we have in the defensive Backfield makes Page a no brainer to bring back.

I've heard reports that money was the main reason he didn't resign here. But now that wouldn't be the case. He's at least familiar with the system and semantics. You might not think he's the "answer" to our Safety issues, but his certainly would be an improvement over what we have playing there now.

Of course I am being sarcastic.

I am still pissed that we drop Sanders, one of my favorites, for this guy. I mean if we couldn't win with Sanders how can we win with Sergio?

Lol ok like my disclaimer said I'm sorry. Tough to judge sometimes without being able to recognize the tone of a statement.

But on a side note I do agree with what you said about Sanders, it would be nice to have his veteran leadership, and idc if he's "lost a step" it would be great to have back there right about now.

But there's no way o would never want to lose a playoff game just because I dislike the fact that we are starting a player I think sucks. That's just crazy talk!

Right now we are morphing back to our old smurf style of secondary people. At the start of the season 6 of the 9 defensive backs were 6'+ now I don't think we have 3. Even when Chung gets back, we will have 2 5'10 Safeties making them a prime target for bigger TEs and WRs. 5'10 180lb S's are going to do the trick

Excited, not really.

But Belichick thought highly enough of him to tender him at the same level as BenJarvus Green Ellis, our starting RB, so it's clear our coach doesn't think he's a scrub.

And in all honesty, if we sign him, what will you say about him then?

Last edited:
A small upgrade in a position of need is still an upgrade. I'm not sure how that's detrimental or debatable?

Maybe we can sign Ventrone, to cut to then sign Page :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday