PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles release S Jarrad Page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you think I 'seem to forget' that? I don't see the relevance due to the change in tender rules, and the expiring CBA.
They allowed him to walk for a pretty small contract, and there was a reason. If you choose tio ignore that fact, go ahead, but it still happened.

Where the hell do you get that they chose to let him walk? Page declined their contract offer. There is a difference. But again, you have problems dealing with the facts.

As for you seeing the relevance of the change of his status from an RFA with a 2nd round tender to a UFA, that is clearly your problem. The Pats were clearly willing to pay Page in the neighborhood of $1.5 million for 1 year or take a 2nd rounder as compensation. You don't put that sort of guarantee on a person who you don't want back.

Now, you can continue to act obtuse, but it's clear to everyone that you are not being close to objective on the subject..

I think passing on his 685,000 salary is a very telling sign, even with our current safety situation.

To ask a much more relevant question, what ever happened to the CB's we supposedly looked at last week? I guess they turned the page on them too, lol.

Or Page is dinged up and the Pats felt waiting for him to get healthy is a better options..

One of the guys from PFW, who was on Comcast Sports, said there was no money savings by not putting in a claim for Page. If they picked him up now, basically its the same amt of $

He felt Page is banged up and the talent is gone or there's a personality issue..

Well thank God we'll continue to see more of S-S-S-SERGIO instead of Page.

And by the way, I didn't say they wouldnt shift to a 43, I said they wouldn't change to a one gap base defense. I'm not sure why you think giving my opinion is talking down, while yours is not.

Respectfully, the best way to answer that has to do with your preferred method of getting your point across. It's frequently along the lines of 'that would be a great analysis, if it were true', or 'that's silly', or 'that's ridiculous', (if I had a nickel for every time you said that someone's opinion is "silly" or "ridiculous", I'd be a rich man) or 'wrong!', or 'that's absurd', or words like that, and you'll go on for page after page doing that. I again, respectfully say that if you asked others, they might agree that it comes across as (at a minimum) talking down. That's just my humble opinion, and you probably don't even realize you do it. However, while you don't always do it, you do it with a fair amount of regularity. Do I care that you do it? Not particularly, but since you said you're not sure why it's talking down, I'm just answering. I'm sure I do plenty of that too, but try my best not to do so. No hard feelings. Just an observation. I sense I'm not alone in this observation.

Where the hell do you get that they chose to let him walk? Page declined their contract offer. There is a difference. But again, you have problems dealing with the facts.
What facts? That they wiouldnt pay more than $685,000?

As for you seeing the relevance of the change of his status from an RFA with a 2nd round tender to a UFA, that is clearly your problem.
Since I don't question that relevance, reading comprehension is clearly your problem.
The issue is that the rules for the RFA tenders changed.

The Pats were clearly willing to pay Page in the neighborhood of $1.5 million for 1 year or take a 2nd rounder as compensation. You don't put that sort of guarantee on a person who you don't want back.
You don't? Then why wouldnt they pay more than $685,000 OR claim him off waivers?

Now, you can continue to act obtuse, but it's clear to everyone that you are not being close to objective on the subject..
Who is obtuse when you act as what is 'clear' to you makes it 'clear to everyone'?

If its so clear that I am just so wrong, why isn't he back?

Respectfully, the best way to answer that has to do with your preferred method of getting your point across. It's frequently along the lines of 'that would be a great analysis, if it were true', or 'that's silly', or 'that's ridiculous', (if I had a nickel for every time you said that someone's opinion is "silly" or "ridiculous", I'd be a rich man) or 'wrong!', or 'that's absurd', or words like that, and you'll go on for page after page doing that. I again, respectfully say that if you asked others, they might agree that it comes across as (at a minimum) talking down. That's just my humble opinion, and you probably don't even realize you do it. However, while you don't always do it, you do it with a fair amount of regularity. Do I care that you do it? Not particularly, but since you said you're not sure why it's talking down, I'm just answering. I'm sure I do plenty of that too, but try my best not to do so. No hard feelings. Just an observation. I sense I'm not alone in this observation.
Without context these points don't resonate.
I think if you really paid attention you would note that the type of comments you consider 'talking down' are either in response to a comment that prompted the attitude or directed at a poster who consistently displays an attitude that fosters such a response.

Or Page is dinged up and the Pats felt waiting for him to get healthy is a better options..

Certainly a reasonable thought too.

We have Chung, Moore and Ihedigbo.

If there were an injury or two, Ventrone would be activated. I don't expect to see much of Sergio Brown at safety.

Well thank God we'll continue to see more of S-S-S-SERGIO instead of Page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes