PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dungy's take

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did leave some of the other stuff he said out...

“I feel sorry for a lot of people involved,” Dungy said. “I feel sorry for some really good people on the Patriots that are going to be tarnished by this. I look at (quarterback) Tom Brady and (defensive end) Richard Seymour and (wide receiver) Troy Brown – those are guys I talk about to our team: the way you do things, the way you want to represent the NFL."

“We have two guys (former Patriots) on our team, (kicker) Adam (Vinatieri) and (defensive tackle) Dan Klecko, that are the same way. They’re going to be linked now with negative. That’s too bad."

“Every time I’ve talked to (Patriots Owner) Bob Kraft, he presents the type of image I know what he wants to present,” Dungy said. “I feel bad for him. He’s going to have to answer questions. He’s going to have to answer questions all the time, from here on out."

I know it won't change most of your opinions, but it was left out of the blog.

Last edited:
OK. I am now officially off of any like-Tony-Dungy bandwagons.

He's a confessed cheater HIMSELF, with reference to his playing days;

Yet another sanctimonious Bible-thumping hypocrite.

Dungy gives christians a bad name, no doubt...

I've heard enough of Martin Luther Dungy's pontifications. He's taking himself too seriously these days. If not for having a cyborg at quarterback, he'd be an assistant coach somewhere.

Honestly. Tony Dungy gets a free pass. If Bill Belichick spoke at a group associated with being anti-gay, that'd probably be a big deal, wouldn't you think? If Belichick came out vocally against Gay Marriage, imagine what would transpire.

Fact is, all signs point to Tony Dungy being a thinly veiled homophobe, which certainly makes this idea of him as a pioneer for breaking down barriers pretty ironic.

Being against gay marriage does not make one a homophobe. Please take that bankrupt argument, that it does, to the political forum.

I really hate Dungy. He is a loser who got a break because the Patriots linebackers were old and sick.

That's not to say he doesn't deserve it, there are always injuriies, circumstances etc.

He comes back here to Tampa and takes credit for Gruden's Super Bowl. Can you freaking believe that? The Glazers appreciated his talent, but finally had to make a judgment that the guys a loser, he'll never win it.

I'm not crazy about Peyton, but let's face it he runs the offense on that team and we've all seen him wave off Dungy like he's the towel boy. If Dungy ran that offense, they'd be struggling to get 3 points a game like they were back in Tampa.

Polian runs that team and Dungy is the glorified defensive co-ordinator.

I'm glad he shot his mouth off, and I hope all the pretenders like Fisher and the rest get their two cents in. Just so much grist for the mill.

Apparently the whining West Coast babies haven't had enough yet, so let's pull a couple aces from our sleeve for "Mr.class", whining Lady Tomlinson.

Enough of this crap. 15 more games. Let's kick some ass!!

I have now been given another reason to hate everyone who wants the dolts to win anything.

And that Barroid Bonds statement is jaw-droppingly ignorant.

Eff dungheap; if I were his son, I might have killed myself, too; or, better still, him.

The hypocrisy spewing from the pie-holes of these jealous troglodytes reveals their small, and possibly dishonest, character. "If you can't beat 'em face-to-face, then stab 'em in the back" is their motto.

Another classy post from the classiest fanbase around.........

Being against gay marriage does not make one a homophobe.

While I tend to disagree with you there, I definitely don't want to get into the politics of the argument.

But Dungy's anti-gay affiliations take on an odd meaning if one considers his son's Myspace page, the one James happened to edit just a day before his own death. If I've seen the page (though its long since taken down), then clearly his own father has. Obviously, James Dungy was a troubled youth, as one of the first things he saw fit to advertise about himself was the fact that he hated "f*gs". Now, as a father, seeing this, and seeing your son was troubled and ultimately took his own life, wouldn't you want to stay the hell away from any kind of association with this bigotry, no matter your intentions? Yet he's speaking at a group with any anti-gay rights associations? If your son was a skinhead and he decided to take his own life, would you show up at White Power meetings? Sorry, but that's pretty F'd up, and I think Tony Dungy is one messed up dude, to be quite honest.

What's the point? The point is Tony Dungy has some sketchiness, a sketchiness that if the roles were reversed and said sketchiness were held by Bill Belichick, the media would destroy him to the point he'd be out of the league. You can be damn sure that if BB took these subtle anti-gay stances, the media would make a huge deal out of it. Dungy, you don't hear word one.

Heck, the media has made a bigger deal out of Belichick's marriage, his pushing a reporter, the fact that his son sold weed and a friggin handshake. The media is always ready to tarnish the Pats and specifically Belichick at EVERY turn, and make mountains out of the smallest molehills, but the Colts and Dungy, get a free pass.

So for Dungy to be throwing stones here seems out of line to me. If I were the guy, I'd shut my mouth a little bit more, especially about his political and religious views and hope that the media doesn't decide to ponder them a little further.

Last edited:
He comes back here to Tampa and takes credit for Gruden's Super Bowl. Can you freaking believe that? The Glazers appreciated his talent, but finally had to make a judgment that the guys a loser, he'll never win it.

When did he do that? That's low-class.

If someone here had a crass comment about Bruschi few years ago, would they be shown the door? Why is primetime still here?

If someone here had a crass comment about Bruschi few years ago, would they be shown the door? Why is primetime still here?

What could have someone have said about Bruschi? That doesn't make any sense.

Another classy post from the classiest fanbase around.........

What do you expect from Boston sports fans? They spit at visiting fans who go to Fenway, Foxboro, and Fleet Center. They throw pizza at a fan. They chant wifebeater at a player. They throw racial epithets at African-American outfielders. Boston sports fans are just the worst human being in America and the fact they admit it just proves my point.

What do you expect from Boston sports fans? They spit at visiting fans who go to Fenway, Foxboro, and Fleet Center. They throw pizza at a fan. They chant wifebeater at a player. They throw racial epithets at African-American outfielders. Boston sports fans are just the worst human being in America and the fact they admit it just proves my point.

Ahhhhh!!!!

New Jersey......the armpit of America and New York's rectum chimes in.

If only Boston was more like Newark............:bricks:

Yeah because Dungy would never do anything to give his team an advantage. Like ohhh I don't know crank up the heat in your dome when you know players on the opposing team have been sick with the flu. :rolleyes:

Please don't sit on a high horse about stuff that goes on at stadiums after I watched a Jet fan try to light a patriots fan on fire with a lighter at the last game I went to at the meadowlands.

When did he do that? That's low-class.

First I've heard of it. I have heard several of his former players give him credit for building the team and helping them to get there even though it happened the year after he left.

What could have someone have said about Bruschi? That doesn't make any sense.
Oh, I know for a fact that many members of more than a few MB's were banned making despicable comments about Bruschi, the stroke, etc..., There's no place for it. Point is that this guy gets to spout his venom, with no consequences. I guess I just have to chalk it up to "The Patriot Way".

I rather live in Newark than in Boston. I am serious when I am saying this. At least, Newark is diverse.

That tells me you've never been to Boston.

But congratulations on making a statement that has NEVER been made in recorded history.....

"I'd rather live in Newark..........."

Classic!:singing:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents