PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dungy's take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barnsie's post is awesome. It's completely true if the shoe were on the other foot that BB would have NO comment. He would say he didn't have all the facts, say he has a great deal of respect for Dungy and the Colts and it was time to move on to our next game.

I had a problem with the statement from the standpoint that Belichick, snake that he might be, would NEVER make a statement like that about another coaches situation. I am now incensed because on the NFLN clip of Dungy addressing the situation be had the audacity to play the race card. Made the analogy that - are you ready for this -

A GREAT ATHLETE LIKE BARRY BONDS HAS EVERY HR QUESTIONED BECAUSE OF WHAT SOME PEOPLE AROUND HIM DID.

You sanctimonious little weasle. You played for and got your coaching start under Chuck Noll, whose Steeler teams played with an edge of their own.

Belichick should have been punished the same way Barry's been Tony. He hasn't been.

The cry nowfrom the NFLN talking heads is it wasn't enough because poor (predonimamtly black) athletes are being punished via suspension when all they did was get indicted by the Federal Government for running an illegal gambling ring and slaughter dogs, or get arrested for being involved in a shooting that left some poor SOB paralyzed.

Belichick on the other hand broke a procedural rule in a league that condones stealing signs and signals and any other information you can acquire by any means, including video tape, as long as you're not the one doing the taping. Sanctimonious hypocrits.

I had a problem with the statement from the standpoint that Belichick, snake that he might be, would NEVER make a statement like that about another coaches situation. I am now incensed because on the NFLN clip of Dungy addressing the situation be had the audacity to play the race card. Made the analogy that - are you ready for this -

A GREAT ATHLETE LIKE BARRY BONDS HAS EVERY HR QUESTIONED BECAUSE OF WHAT SOME PEOPLE AROUND HIM DID.

You sanctimonious little weasle. You played for and got your coaching start under Chuck Noll, whose Steeler teams played with an edge of their own.

Belichick should have been punished the same way Barry's been Tony. He hasn't been.

The cry nowfrom the NFLN talking heads is it wasn't enough because poor (predonimamtly black) athletes are being punished via suspension when all they did was get indicted by the Federal Government for running an illegal gambling ring and slaughter dogs, or get arrested for being involved in a shooting that left some poor SOB paralyzed.

Belichick on the other hand broke a procedural rule in a league that condones stealing signs and signals and any other information you can acquire by any means, including video tape, as long as you're not the one doing the taping. Sanctimonious hypocrits.

The racial angle of this is just astounding. Just unbelievable. It's going to give the whole mess another angle for the media to beat to death for at least another week.

Honestly, what a friggin' nightmare. Thanks, Dungy.:rolleyes:

Its hard to imagine you can't understand that he's 100% right on.

Imagine if it was Dungy who got nailed and not Lord Belichick? You guys would be on him like stink on **** and would be blaming your playoff collapse on his cheating.

You are all just ridiculous! My advice is to STFU and get back to discussing football like your Messiah wants to do.

except BB would just say no comment. That's the difference in class

he should keep his mouth shut, pay backs a ***** tony
Cousins,
Some thoughts. I am deeply disturbed about Mr. Dungy. No, BB is not a media friendly nor is he ever going to win a popularity contest. but....BB would NOT have thrown Dungy under the bus. We all agree BB is a difficult and complex man who stands by his conviction (even if wrong to a fault according to this deal). If it was Dungy on trial here, the most he would ever say is how much he respected Mr. Dungy. Do any of you trolls disagree? Who, Mr. Dungy, is the better MAN now?

Mr. Dungy is a devout Christian. If anything he should have not cast an evil light and piled on BB. I always thought of Dungy as a class act, not anymore. How dare he criticize when his team is the most conniving perhaps in the history of the game. In the most blatant case of conflict of interest ever in the NFL, his GM who happens to run the Competition Committee, has the power to change a rule to favor his team directly to win a Championship he could never win otherwise. Then in a Playoff game, the fear of Pollian strikes the refs and not once but three times, the calls had a severe impact on the outcome of the game. If you recall the refs tried to do the same to the Steelers the year before on a non-interception call. Pollian was foiled. There must be a league directive that Peyton must win a SB.

So now is the headlinesman of that game driving a new blue Porsche or something.? Come-on Tony. Admit that your teams might have "cheated" a little somewhere or somehow? Oh, you never stole a sign, nor your coaches? Do not Holier-than-thou us.

First of all for all of you trolls, RG made it clear that the taping incident did NOT change the outcome of the Jets game. He is not condemning BB as a "Cheater" (RG should have made this point with more emphasis because most of the media is too stupid to read and understand. I just listened to another TV announcer saying he was going to discuss the cheating incident at 11:00 or something like that). He was fined for breaking a NFL rule of taping on the field and even though said tape was never used, intent and equipment being used was the reason for this penalty, that and a lesson to the rest of the league. So the Pats were sacrificed. So be it. We were "caught" and the other 31 teams were not,. To call BB a cheat, fine, then throw every other team in, including Mr. Dungys' team. HE WAS CAUGHT TAPPING, NOT CHEATING AND THE TAPE WAS NOT USED. RG WAS VERY CLEAR ON THIS. IT WAS AN INFRACTION, NOT A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY as Mr. Dungy would have you believe. You know what Mr. Dungy, I forgive you as a fellow Christian.

Now we have some announcers saying BB wasn't contrite enough. If he doesn't believe he was wrong, why should he act like he does? He is not a fake like some coaches.....TD, EM etc. He thought he was correct. Well, now he knows for sure, at a huge cost.

Let's look at it this way. You go through a yellow light. A cop pulls you over and gives you a ticket. You say "Officer, I was under the interpretation it was yellow". You go to court to fight your case and there is 500 cops saying you ran a yellow light and "we consider than darned close to a red light" even though they weren't there (media) and did not see or understand your side of the story. The Judge says guilty (RG). "Pay the fine. You broke a law". Are you a Cheater (classified by all the other players and coaches who have never done anything wrong!!! or ever tried to get an advantage that some might consider illegal and not in the spirit of the game?)? Don't you feel you were all right going through a yellow? Do you go back to the 500 cops and say. "I am so sorry, from the bottom of my heart to the tip of my toes, What can I do to make it up?" Or do you pay your fine and move on even though you feel you are right? The law proved you aren't right. End of story.

Finally, the biggest mortal sin RG did was punish the NE fans. How, Mr. RG do you justify that? Fine BB.....o.k. Fine the organization who hired BB as an management employee who happens to be in charge.......o.k. Take away a draft choice to hurt our team. Read those words R.G. The NE pats are a product that we as fans, pay hard money to support, as we do the NFL. The product on the field is affected by a yearly event called the NFL draft. The draft supplies product. What gives you the right to punish the NE Patriot fans with the intent purpose of reducing the value of the product we support, remember as again we support the NFL? How dare you punish me, the NE Patriot and NFL fan! We did not do this Mr. R.G. You actions make us part of this incident. You are punishing innocent bystanders. Is there any lawyers out there with killyonees?

Admit it trolls on the last subject, you are giving us the HA,HA, because there was the distinct possibility we could be better in the future or maintain the high performance level with a good #1 draft choice. But RG has determined that the NE Patriots fans had something to do with this because he has included us in this punishment. Is that not a fair statement?!.
DW Toys

The statement is a fact of life and no one should have expected different. It is a fact of life that when you experience tough times, your enemies will kick you while you are down.

I really don't have an opinion on Dungy either way. I doubt he is either a bad guy or the saint that he is portrayed as by the media - simply no one is and the media judges god/bad guys on how good they interview.

The only thing that ever really registered with me either way on Dungy was I found the ads they were running on ESPN radio to sell his book extremely distasteful but it isn't like he probably wrote the commercial.

Last edited:
You Boston sports fans are some of the most smugest fans in the country. You should try to learn something from NY Sports Fans. At least, NY Sports fans are not classless, racists, or etc.

..... :singing: ..... Now that's funny.

You Boston sports fans are some of the most smugest fans in the country. You should try to learn something from NY Sports Fans. At least, NY Sports fans are not classless, racists, or etc.

Very classy statement by you.

Someone ban this guy. He's added nothing constructive.

I think it's hilarious a fan would call someone out for making a mistake. We all mistakes which is why we are human. We do dumb things sometime. Chanting someone a "WIFEBEATER" is someone who is acting holier than thou and talking from its high horse. These same fans that chant "WIFEBEATER" probably made stupid mistakes in their lives.

Wow - in the mind of this Nets fan a man smacking around his wife, the mother of his children, with his children in the house is just a dumb thing people do sometimes. Guess that says it all.

OK. I am now officially off of any like-Tony-Dungy bandwagons.

He's a confessed cheater HIMSELF, with reference to his playing days;

Yet another sanctimonious Bible-thumping hypocrite.

Won't Someone Please Think Of The Children?

I have now been given another reason to hate everyone who wants the dolts to win anything.

And that Barroid Bonds statement is jaw-droppingly ignorant.

Eff dungheap; if I were his son, I might have killed myself, too; or, better still, him.

The hypocrisy spewing from the pie-holes of these jealous troglodytes reveals their small, and possibly dishonest, character. "If you can't beat 'em face-to-face, then stab 'em in the back" is their motto.

That was the thing that really got me. The comparisons of Dungy to Martin Luther King, Jr. One is pretty good at deploying a cover 2 defense, the other was "pretty good" at gaining civil rights for millions.

Honestly. Tony Dungy gets a free pass. If Bill Belichick spoke at a group associated with being anti-gay, that'd probably be a big deal, wouldn't you think? If Belichick came out vocally against Gay Marriage, imagine what would transpire.

Fact is, all signs point to Tony Dungy being a thinly veiled homophobe, which certainly makes this idea of him as a pioneer for breaking down barriers pretty ironic.

Cousins,
Some thoughts. I am deeply disturbed about Mr. Dungy. No, BB is not a media friendly nor is he ever going to win a popularity contest. but....BB would NOT have thrown Dungy under the bus. We all agree BB is a difficult and complex man who stands by his conviction (even if wrong to a fault according to this deal). If it was Dungy on trial here, the most he would ever say is how much he respected Mr. Dungy. Do any of you trolls disagree? Who, Mr. Dungy, is the better MAN now?

Mr. Dungy is a devout Christian. If anything he should have not cast an evil light and piled on BB. I always thought of Dungy as a class act, not anymore. How dare he criticize when his team is the most conniving perhaps in the history of the game. In the most blatant case of conflict of interest ever in the NFL, his GM who happens to run the Competition Committee, has the power to change a rule to favor his team directly to win a Championship he could never win otherwise. Then in a Playoff game, the fear of Pollian strikes the refs and not once but three times, the calls had a severe impact on the outcome of the game. If you recall the refs tried to do the same to the Steelers the year before on a non-interception call. Pollian was foiled. There must be a league directive that Peyton must win a SB.

So now is the headlinesman of that game driving a new blue Porsche or something.? Come-on Tony. Admit that your teams might have "cheated" a little somewhere or somehow? Oh, you never stole a sign, nor your coaches? Do not Holier-than-thou us.

First of all for all of you trolls, RG made it clear that the taping incident did NOT change the outcome of the Jets game. He is not condemning BB as a "Cheater" (RG should have made this point with more emphasis because most of the media is too stupid to read and understand. I just listened to another TV announcer saying he was going to discuss the cheating incident at 11:00 or something like that). He was fined for breaking a NFL rule of taping on the field and even though said tape was never used, intent and equipment being used was the reason for this penalty, that and a lesson to the rest of the league. So the Pats were sacrificed. So be it. We were "caught" and the other 31 teams were not,. To call BB a cheat, fine, then throw every other team in, including Mr. Dungys' team. HE WAS CAUGHT TAPPING, NOT CHEATING AND THE TAPE WAS NOT USED. RG WAS VERY CLEAR ON THIS. IT WAS AN INFRACTION, NOT A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY as Mr. Dungy would have you believe. You know what Mr. Dungy, I forgive you as a fellow Christian.

Now we have some announcers saying BB wasn't contrite enough. If he doesn't believe he was wrong, why should he act like he does? He is not a fake like some coaches.....TD, EM etc. He thought he was correct. Well, now he knows for sure, at a huge cost.

Let's look at it this way. You go through a yellow light. A cop pulls you over and gives you a ticket. You say "Officer, I was under the interpretation it was yellow". You go to court to fight your case and there is 500 cops saying you ran a yellow light and "we consider than darned close to a red light" even though they weren't there (media) and did not see or understand your side of the story. The Judge says guilty (RG). "Pay the fine. You broke a law". Are you a Cheater (classified by all the other players and coaches who have never done anything wrong!!! or ever tried to get an advantage that some might consider illegal and not in the spirit of the game?)? Don't you feel you were all right going through a yellow? Do you go back to the 500 cops and say. "I am so sorry, from the bottom of my heart to the tip of my toes, What can I do to make it up?" Or do you pay your fine and move on even though you feel you are right? The law proved you aren't right. End of story.

Finally, the biggest mortal sin RG did was punish the NE fans. How, Mr. RG do you justify that? Fine BB.....o.k. Fine the organization who hired BB as an management employee who happens to be in charge.......o.k. Take away a draft choice to hurt our team. Read those words R.G. The NE pats are a product that we as fans, pay hard money to support, as we do the NFL. The product on the field is affected by a yearly event called the NFL draft. The draft supplies product. What gives you the right to punish the NE Patriot fans with the intent purpose of reducing the value of the product we support, remember as again we support the NFL? How dare you punish me, the NE Patriot and NFL fan! We did not do this Mr. R.G. You actions make us part of this incident. You are punishing innocent bystanders. Is there any lawyers out there with killyonees?

Admit it trolls on the last subject, you are giving us the HA,HA, because there was the distinct possibility we could be better in the future or maintain the high performance level with a good #1 draft choice. But RG has determined that the NE Patriots fans had something to do with this because he has included us in this punishment. Is that not a fair statement?!.
DW Toys

Robber Goddaminhell won't last past next CBA. He's alienated the players and now wants a "moral" committee. You think these 20 something millionaires give a rats azz about his morality crap ?

If that was the case Rozelle would've cleaned out 90% of NFL characters back in 60-80's. He was smart, he knew - never throw Aces under the bus. So, the characters on Raiders, Cowboys, Steelers, Dolphins, 49ers, Vikes, Bears, Giants had loose reigns. It made for an NFL that appealed to the masses with a colleaction of coaches who were admired. It made the NFL what it is today.

A Lawrence Taylor in Goddel regime would have been banished for life

Goddell needs to stop acting as if NFL sanctimonious sport that Mother Teresa needs to be proud. It a friggin blood sport, and above all a blood business.

Honestly. Tony Dungy gets a free pass. If Bill Belichick spoke at a group associated with being anti-gay, that'd probably be a big deal, wouldn't you think? If Belichick came out vocally against Gay Marriage, imagine what would transpire.

Fact is, all signs point to Tony Dungy being a thinly veiled homophobe, which certainly makes this idea of him as a pioneer for breaking down barriers pretty ironic.

I thought that Tony was all in for the turd tampers???? Maybe he likes to switch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back