PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dungy's take

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was nothing remotely racist in my post. And last I saw, the majority of Patriots and Celtics were African-American.

Indeed. And who did the first African-American in the NHL play for? You got it, the Bruins.

First I've heard of it. I have heard several of his former players give him credit for building the team and helping them to get there even though it happened the year after he left.

Workhorse, I apologize for something I get, but can't quote.

I live in Tampa and he has returned and been lauded by sportwriters saying how his team won the Tampa super Bowl and he smiles and doesn't correct them or give any credit to Gruden who actually led that team.

To me, it not only shows a lack of class, but not responding with any rebuttal that he wasn't the coach that year says to me he agrees with the assessment.

I did google (in another post) the keywords to show the perception in Tampa he had the opportunity to refute and be gracious, but chose not to.

Just keep feeding the stererotype of Boston fans being a racist. It's no wonder why African-Americans rarely play for Boston sports teams.

Yes, African-American free agents avoid the region like the plague. Prominent African-American NFL players like Randy Moss, Dante Stallworth, Adalius Thomas, Rosevelt Colvin, Rodney Harrison and Sammy Morris would never even think of signing here. It's such a shame.

Moron.

Last edited:
You realize Rutgers has a campus at Newark, right.

Bid deal, they have colleges in prisons too. Are you comparing the college atmosphere in Newark (30,000?) with Boston (600.,000)?
And it's a satellite campus of Rutgers.....not the main campus..

Last edited:
Workhorse, I apologize for something I get, but can't quote.

I live in Tampa and he has returned and been lauded by sportwriters saying how his team won the Tampa super Bowl and he smiles and doesn't correct them or give any credit to Gruden who actually led that team.

To me, it not only shows a lack of class, but not responding with any rebuttal that he wasn't the coach that year says to me he agrees with the assessment.

I did google (in another post) the keywords to show the perception in Tampa he had the opportunity to refute and be gracious, but chose not to.

So he actually doesn't take the credit for the win, others give him the credit? You fault him because he doesn't correct people?

So he actually doesn't take the credit for the win, others give him the credit? You fault him because he doesn't correct people?

No, I saw him interviewed where the local homer said his team won the Tampa Super Bowl and he smiled and failed to correct him or give Gruden props.

He was wrongly given credit, smiled and accepted it.

Total lack of class.

I don't have a tape of this, if that's your next question.

I respect his ability as one of the best D co-ordinators, but give Polian more credit for running that team, though I think he's a jerk.

No, I saw him interviewed where the local homer said his team won the Tampa Super Bowl and he smiled and failed to correct him or give Gruden props.

He was wrongly given credit, smiled and accepted it.

Total lack of class.

I don't have a tape of this, if that's your next question.

That's not lack of class. Why should he really have to correct the guy? If it was on a local Tampa show everyone knows the Gruden was the coach. The guy was just paying him a compliment not stating it as a fact. And it was the team that he built.

That's not lack of class. Why should he really have to correct the guy? If it was on a local Tampa show everyone knows the Gruden was the coach. The guy was just paying him a compliment not stating it as a fact. And it was the team that he built.

Dungy seems like a very nice man. As for football matters, I don't think much of him as a head coach, but he's excellent with a defense. I think that you and I can both agree, for example, that because that Colts offense is so good, Dungy was a better hire than Gruden would have been.

His team's always lost.

It's an incorrect statement. He was in Indiana at the time and Rich McKay was a very strong general manager who was the one who picked the players.

Had I been in his shoes I would have been embarrassed, and would have said something about Gruden doing a great job.

Obviously, based on his holier than thou BS statements, he has a much higher embarrassment level than I do.

As I mentioned earlier, M.L. Dungy wouldn't even be wearing a headset if not for his cyborg quarterhick. While I believe BB would still find a way to win without Brady, the entire Colt organization would implode without Manning.

Funny, I don't think Peyton played in Tampa Bay and Tony seemed to do alright there......

He had his hand in it too. Did Pioli build the Pats while BB sat at home?

Actually, Pioli isn't even the General manager. He's an excellent personnel executive, but Rich Mckay selected personnel period, he was in charge.

Dungy had input, but McKay had similar power that Belichick has in NE. He "picked the groceries".

Dungy seems like a very nice man. As for football matters, I don't think much of him as a head coach, but he's excellent with a defense. I think that you and I can both agree, for example, that because that Colts offense is so good, Dungy was a better hire than Gruden would have been.

Yep, with Peyton calling the plays at the line you just need a OC that can map out good plays, not someone to call plays during the game. Gruden's skill set wasn't needed in Indy. Having a defensive minded HC fit better.

Funny, I don't think Peyton played in Tampa Bay and Tony seemed to do alright there......

If Peyton and Polian ran the offense in Tampa Bay like the do in Indiana, they probably would have.

He's simply an good defensive co-ordinator who's submissive to Polian and Peyton. A match made in heaven, if you will.:)

Last edited:

He was great. That's why they fired him.

There offense was abysmal. He's a good defensive guy, the job done patching that horribly soft D last year was a coaching job for the ages. My sincere props.

Actually, Pioli isn't even the General manager. He's an excellent personnel executive, but Rich Mckay selected personnel period, he was in charge.

Dungy had input, but McKay had similar power that Belichick has in NE. He "picked the groceries".

Yep, if you need proof, just look at how DOMINANT the Falcons have been since Mckay got there.:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Tony's teams just keep on winning, 8 straight years making the playoffs.....

Yep, if you need proof, just look at how DOMINANT the Falcons have been since Mckay got there.:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Tony's teams just keep on winning, 8 straight years making the playoffs.....

Now you're not being fair to McKay. He got stuck with Vick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST