PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dungy's take

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rams were 13-3 that season, had the #1 scoring offense and #4 scoring defense in the league, and Tampa kept the game close on the road against a team that had scored 526 points that season and only allowed 242.

Tampa kept all their games close. The ones they lost were because they couldn't score touchdowns.

Dungy should STFU, he can remain clean, because he had Polian willing to do bidding for him.

If you Colts fan do not think the he does NOT manipulate the Comp. Commitee and the rules to the advantage of his team, in addition to doing and saying some pretty classless things along the way, then you are absolutly blind to the truth.

He also cranked the heat for the AFCCG last year, which a lot of people had a problem with (I didn't, it's part of the game and HF advantage). So go on and keep thinking that your coach and your program is squeaky clean....... It ain't. No program is.

Last edited:
Dungy should STFU, he can remain clean, because he had Polian willing to do bidding for him.

If you Colts fan do not think the he does NOT manipulate the Comp. Commitee and the rules to the advantage of his team, in addition to doing and saying some pretty classless things along the way, then you are absolutly blind to the truth.

He also cranked the heat for the AFCCG last year, which a lot of people had a problem with (I didn't, it's part of the game and HF advantage). So go on and keep thinking that your coach and your program is squeaky clean....... It ain't. No program is.

Well, obviously you have some kind of proof, right? Right......?

And the heat in the dome thing is, like you said, part of HFA. It's no different than the pats leaving the field uncovered before the AFCCG at Gillette a few years ago.

Well, obviously you have some kind of proof, right? Right......?

And the heat in the dome thing is, like you said, part of HFA. It's no different than the pats leaving the field uncovered before the AFCCG at Gillette a few years ago.

Polian is the head of the Comp. Committee and every time there has been something that has cost the Colts a major victory, a long established rule was changed the next year........ I don't mean with just the Patriots either. It's obvious. He also feels the need to "remind" the refs to "do their job" before every big game (that involves the Colts). The "or else" is implied. It's a strong-arm BULLY tactic that works to create and unfair advantage....... because the refs become paralyzed when required to make judgement calls against him (certainly in PLAYOFF games). After all, their very livelihood depends on "good" evaluations from the league (i.e. Make bad calls, as determined by the league) and you don't get assigned to big games and your rep. is negatively affect.

Look at last few years, Officiating has been terrible in the playoffs (as compaired to the reg. season), including SEVERAL TERRIBLE CALLS in the AFCCG, including one penalty called that DOESN'T EVEN EXIST (face-guarding) and one obvious PI in the endzone that caused a FG instead of a TD. Those 2 point swings alone, it can be argueed DIRECTLY EFFECTED THE RESULT of not only that game but the EVENTUAL WORLD CHAMPION as well.

A case can be made that those controversial JUDGMENTS were the result of undo pressure on the referees by people within the league (Polian in specific for calling them out). They do not feel free to impartially judge while a hammer hangs over their head (and I don't blame them actually) It' called PSYOPS in the military and POLIAN is king at it when it comes to this sport.

Deny it all you want, it exists and your credibility takes hit when you do.

Like I said, I personally think it's all part of the game.

Last edited:
Polian is the head of the Comp. Committee and every time there has been something that has cost the Colts a major victory, a long established rule was changed the next year........ I don't mean with just the Patriots either. It's obvious. He also feels the need to "remind" the refs to "do their job" before every big game (that involves the Colts). The "or else" is implied. It's a strong-arm BULLY tactic that works to create and unfair advantage....... because the refs become paralyzed when required to make judgement calls against him (certainly in PLAYOFF games). After all, their very livelihood depends on "good" evaluations from the league (i.e. Make bad calls, as determined by the league) and you don't get assigned to big games and your rep. is negatively affect.

Bull****. First off, Polian NEVER got ANY rules changed. The comp. committee decided to ENFORCE the rules that were already there, which should have been done all along. Besides, its not like the comp committee decides on and enacts rule-changes all by itself. They have to go through the commishioner as well.

Look at last few years, Officiating has been terrible in the playoffs (as compaired to the reg. season), including SEVERAL TERRIBLE CALLS in the AFCCG, including one penalty called that DOESN'T EVEN EXIST (face-guarding) and one obvious PI in the endzone that caused a FG instead of a TD. Those 2 point swings alone, it can be argueed DIRECTLY EFFECTED THE RESULT of not only that game but the EVENTUAL WORLD CHAMPION as well.

Well, the PI call on Ellis Hobbs was the CORRECT call, because he made contact with Reggie before the ball got there. Thats pretty simple. It was a textbook example of pass interference. Besides, we can ALL point to certain questionable calls that may or may not have cost our team a game(ahem, 03 AFCCG). Why is it that when they go against the Pats its evidence of a conspiracy but when they BENEFIT the pats, nothings made of it?

A case can be made that those controversial JUDGMENTS were the result of undo pressure on the referees by people within the league (Polian in specific for calling them out). They do not feel free to impartially judge while a hammer hangs over their head (and I don't blame them actually) It' called PSYOPS in the military and POLIAN is king at it when it comes to this sport.

You can make a CASE for almost ANYTHING when you cherry pick the examples you use to make it. If you're gonna point to the PI call on Hobbs as proof of a conspiracy AGAINST the pats, I'll point to the NON calls in 03 and 04 as proof of one against US. And my argument will have as much merit as yours, if not more. See how that works?

Deny it all you want, it exists and your credibility takes hit when you do.

Like I said, I personally think it's all part of the game.

Credibility is certainly in short supply around here, I'll give you that. Lol.

Bull****. First off, Polian NEVER got ANY rules changed. The comp. committee decided to ENFORCE the rules that were already there, which should have been done all along. Besides, its not like the comp committee decides on and enacts rule-changes all by itself. They have to go through the commishioner as well.

The rule used to be called in one manner. Polian bleated and got it changed as a 'point of emphasis'. The same thing happened in baseball with the strike zone. I'm sure it's merely a coincidence that this has greatly benefited Marvin Harrison, who happens to be a toothpick, and who was owned repeatedly by Ty Law prior to the 'point of emphasis'.

Well, the PI call on Ellis Hobbs was the CORRECT call, because he made contact with Reggie before the ball got there. Thats pretty simple. It was a textbook example of pass interference. Besides, we can ALL point to certain questionable calls that may or may not have cost our team a game(ahem, 03 AFCCG). Why is it that when they go against the Pats its evidence of a conspiracy but when they BENEFIT the pats, nothings made of it?

It wasn't pass interference. The league knows it, the officials know it and you know it. And, you surely must know that contact alone is not enough for pass interference.

You can make a CASE for almost ANYTHING when you cherry pick the examples you use to make it. If you're gonna point to the PI call on Hobbs as proof of a conspiracy AGAINST the pats, I'll point to the NON calls in 03 and 04 as proof of one against US. And my argument will have as much merit as yours, if not more. See how that works?

There was more than one blown call in that game as, again, you know full well. I don't know about any conspiracy, but it's clear that the Colts got the 'home field advantage' from the officiating crew.

Do you follow the NFL? Do you know that the league sent Hobbs a letter of apology because he DIDN'T make contact with Reggie Wayne? You need to maybe know what you're talking about before coming in here, dipsh!t. This line negates ANYTHING else you could say - you are clearly lying. So LEAVE.

Why are some coaches and GMs on the "competition committee" (who came up with that title, George Orwell?) and some not?

Is that not totally bizarre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back