PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drake Maye would be the IDEAL pick for the Patriots at #3

IMO he’s the version the jets thought they were drafting.
I’m telling you Mccarhy is special, and he’s just going to get better,
He processes really well and makes good decisions.

Maye has more promise but is also a bigger project imo.
Plus you have to take into account the quality of competition.

Do you think JJ McCarthy will be a good QB in the NFL and should the Patriots draft him. I’ll take your answer offline…thank you.

Don’t have to tell me. I’ve been hoping we take him for the last two months. Hopefully this Washington talk is smokescreen.

A THOUGHT
How many QB's failed after having been drafted in the top 10, had great coaching, and a GM who gave him a good supporting team?

Personally, I think that with good coaching and good management Jones, Fields and Wilson would all be top 15 QB's.

If Was is saying Daniel’s it’s Maye.
Reports are Adam Peters loves Maye.
If reports are the Patriots are cold on Maye it means they love him.
I’m telling you at 3 it’s Maye or Mccarhy.
Only way you can be cute with a trade down is if it’s down To 5.
You only do that if you’re absolutely certain Ari and LA are staying put and taking WRs.

I think you can’t be cute you take your QB at 3.

I disagree. If they are telling you it’s Maye then it’s not Daniel’s, because they really want you to believe that by saying it’s Maye that you will think it’s Daniel’s, but it’s really Maye, they just wanted you to think it was really Daniel’s by telling you that it’s Maye. Or it could be that it’s actually McCarthy, but by telling you it’s Maye you will believe it’s Daniel’s, but it’s really a double crossover fake, and they just wanted you to believe it was definitely Daniel’s or Maye, but they really wanted McCarthy all along. So in the end they are obviously taking Marvin Harrison Jr. Jr, they were just ****ing with you the whole time. Which I’m sure gave them a lot to laugh about.

My mistake, that’s Marvin Harrison Jr. , Marvin Harrison Jr. Jr. won’t be eligible until the 2040 Draft, when he will be 14, but everyone will be drooling over him anyways, because it’s not everyday you can get a Jr. Jr.

A THOUGHT
How many QB's failed after having been drafted in the top 10, had great coaching, and a GM who gave him a good supporting team?

Personally, I think that with good coaching and good management Jones, Fields and Wilson would all be top 15 QB's.

I don’t. I think Jones has physical issues in that he’s incapable of extending plays, and wasn’t able to develop enough arm strength to deliver the ball with enough pace to beat deflections and interceptions. He also panics when the pocket breaks down, and “ sees ghosts.” Zach Wilson has the physical tools to be an NFL quarterback, but simply isn’t a guy who can lead a team, and Fields Fields has tools, but has issues processing, and can only run when things are breaking down. Of the 3 Fields has the best possibility of turning it around, but he did nothing with the coaching he had in Chicago, and that was an offensive head coach.

Screenshot_20240327_120819_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240327_120804_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240327_120804_Chrome.jpg

A) Not enough coming from Minnesota
B) They come out of this with only a tackle?

I'm going to say there is zero chance both these things occur. Minnesota would need to do another first & Jefferson. It's steep. But it better be steep if you want to move up.

View attachment 57278View attachment 57279View attachment 57279

A) Not enough coming from Minnesota
B) They come out of this with only a tackle?

I'm going to say there is zero chance both these things occur. Minnesota would need to do another first & Jefferson. It's steep. But it better be steep if you want to move up.
How is this coming out with only a LT? One of the top 2 best ones too.

Did you forget about #23 this year and the Vikings #1 next year?

How is this coming out with only a LT? One of the top 2 best ones too.

Did you forget about #23 this year and the Vikings #1 next year?
It's not enough imo.

Minnesota will be a mid team who isn't drafting in top ten without injuries everywhere. As Ivan has stated, what's the point of collecting picks to pick a QB and move up. When...you can get one for free. To me, you need a legit roster player in a potential deal too. Jefferson has to be included. My fear is Minnesota is trying to take advantage of a new GM (officially first GM job) & HC.

And who cares if the tackle is the best in NFL history. It means little when you have meh QB's at center. How often do we see teams still not win with elite receivers and tackles because of the QB?

The AFC is too strong and you gotta take a swing for free when the opportunity presents itself. Otherwise, I would like to hear names as to who the next legit Patriots franchise QB could be. Not backups like Nix or Penix either. Let's hear the names.

Who are the guys competing against Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Stroud, Lamar, and even Lawrence in the future?

Jayden Daniels was measured at 6-3 5/8, 210 pounds, 9 3/8 hand size.

He got the 210 he needed, curious if he runs the 40 or just throws. Wonder how much he added from the season to the pro day.
Edit: Appears he is just throwing today.

Last edited:

He got the 210 he needed, curious if he runs the 40 or just throws. Wonder how much he added from the season to the pro day.
Edit: Appears he is just throwing today.
Good numbers for him. I wonder how many gallons of water he drank right before the weigh-in.

Edit: Appears he is just throwing

Edit:
Good weight for JD wonder how many doughnuts he had to eat.
Unless patriots get 3 first rounders and at least another 2nd would not do that trade.
Unfortunately, Kraft abd Mayo’s comments yesterday seem to hi t that they are trading down

11 patriots pick Nix (or perhaps even Penix)
23 patriots pick Guyton or Mims (or another LT)
and we still have an extra 2025 first
=========
This is not nearly enough if we don't think that Nix or Penix are our QB of the future.

Unless patriots get 3 first rounders and at least another 2nd would not do that trade.
Unfortunately, Kraft abd Mayo’s comments yesterday seem to hi t that they are trading down
That was always the weight reported for him. Whereas McCarthy clearly ate his way to the combine. He’s the same size Randall Cunningham played 16 years at.

We’ll see. If they expect to turn into a good team it’s not going to happen with crappy quarterbacks.

It's not enough imo.

Minnesota will be a mid team who isn't drafting in top ten without injuries everywhere. As Ivan has stated, what's the point of collecting picks to pick a QB and move up. When...you can get one for free. To me, you need a legit roster player in a potential deal too. Jefferson has to be included. My fear is Minnesota is trying to take advantage of a new GM (officially first GM job) & HC.

And who cares if the tackle is the best in NFL history. It means little when you have meh QB's at center. How often do we see teams still not win with elite receivers and tackles because of the QB?

The AFC is too strong and you gotta take a swing for free when the opportunity presents itself. Otherwise, I would like to hear names as to who the next legit Patriots franchise QB could be. Not backups like Nix or Penix either. Let's hear the names.

Who are the guys competing against Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Stroud, Lamar, and even Lawrence in the future?

Agree 100%. It doesn’t matter who else is on your team if your QB sucks. Anyone who thinks you can win Championships with mediocre quarterbacks hasn’t watched football in a long long time,

Agree 100%. It doesn’t matter who else is on your team if your QB sucks. Anyone who thinks you can win Championships with mediocre quarterbacks hasn’t watched football in a long long time,
And even the lesser QB's who won (Flacco & Foles) were not mediocre during the postseason. They played incredible.

I'm seeing two QB's (Mahomes/Brady) who were unquestionably elite during the 7 SB wins combined. Guys who can not only be clutch. But make others around them better.

Manning was cooked physically...but not mentally. And they beat a beat up Pittsburgh & NE team (barely) & an overrated QB with little weapons at his disposal in Cam Newton. They also had an elite D. Like maybe top ten ever.

So if you have the next 85 Bears D, and a Stafford at QB, of course you can win. But the cap has changed. Getting that kind of D is near impossible due to said cap.

The Brady/Mahomes QB's winning SB's are the norm. Foles is an exception usually.

I see too many people going for the exceptions. Like "Brady was drafted in the 6th round". That's a one off that will never happen again.

At least if you swing and miss on Maye/Daniels, you took a chance and you didn't give up assets to aquire the pick. The absolute worst case scenario would be doing what Carlina did. When they gave up all of those picks for a lesser QB prospect. I'm not even sure Young would be the 4th QB picked in 2024.

I don't buy this.

I'd be stunned if they trade back short of getting the biggest draft steal in NFL history.

If Minnesota only wants to give up two first rounders instead of one...cool. All they need to do is add Jefferson to the deal. Otherwise, it should be a no go!!

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back