PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drake Maye would be the IDEAL pick for the Patriots at #3

I said earlier In Draft conversation I would change my mind 5 or 6 times before settling on who I want
Now take it with a grain of salt. I am a hack and don’t pretend to be anything but a hack

Saying that I started with wanting MHJ. Then a trade down. Then Alt. Then trade down
Finally I would take Maye, McCarthy or Daniels in that order. But any one of them at 3. No trades
I think this is a very good crop and when you can get a chance at a possible franchise QB you do not let that opportunity get by you.

Will they all become franchise QB’s. NO. But they are worth taking a chance
Taking any player at any position is not a guarantee. Go for the QB now and sit him a year while we build. The most important position on the field will be taken care of.

Ivan. I said I would play devils advocate with you. I’m on board. These guys look like they have plenty to work with

It is extremely unlikely that Williams or Daniels will be available at 3. Williams seems more likely to be available than Daniels. BTW, coingrats to Daniels and his agent for their handling of decisions surrounding the off-season.

Michael Penix has Kermit the frog voice like Mahomes

Drake Maye FULL Pro Day Highlights: Every Throw

Was is drafting Maye, they said the was staff was singing money money money when Maye made that roll out throw for 60.

Everyone say thank you to Chad Ryland:
It’s now Jayden Or JJ in New England.
I was really looking forward to Maye the force be with you t shirts.

Was is drafting Maye, they said the was staff was singing money money money when Maye made that roll out throw for 60.

Everyone say thank you to Chad Ryland:
It’s now Jayden Or JJ in New England.
I was really looking forward to Maye the force be with you t shirts.
I don't think you saw this...

He was answering a question about what JD would do for Washington if they drafted him....just another video/headline/quote taking something out of context to get more clicks.
I dont know man. He was talking about player size and mentioned Lamar and Mahomes and then mentioned Daniels in the same context….then blurted out “for Washington” at the end. I’m about as sharp as a butter knife these days so you might be right.

Last edited:

Drake Maye FULL Pro Day Highlights: Every Throw

I know I'm seeing things way differently than almost everyone else, but I've never been that impressed with this guy, and this pro day just solidified it. Some of the misses were bad (2:49, 3:42, 4:57), which is consistent with the tape I had watched and reinforced by the video Aussie had posted. I can see why he didn't throw at the Combine. It might've been a poop show.

Disappointed he didn't show off a bigger arm. ~61 air yds max? About as far as Zap on his pro day, and Mac threw it further on his pro day.

Weird we have two QB's coming out, one names Nix and another names Penix, has to be the first time two QB's get drafted with an X in their name.

Maye and McCarthy have special arm talent can both throw on the run.
Which QB will develop and has a higher ceiling?

I know I'm seeing things way differently than almost everyone else, but I've never been that impressed with this guy, and this pro day just solidified it. Some of the misses were bad (2:49, 3:42, 4:57), which is consistent with the tape I had watched and reinforced by the video Aussie had posted. I can see why he didn't throw at the Combine. It might've been a poop show.

Disappointed he didn't show off a bigger arm. ~61 air yds max? About as far as Zap on his pro day, and Mac threw it further on his pro day.
If you read aussie‘s link from lazar maye hit the walker on a 65 yard bomb and hit 60 yarders on off platform throws
His coaching were blitzing him and made things harder for him, harder than other qbs had their pro day from what I can tell watching these pro days
He hit several deep throws on the run to left and right
Actually his pro day made me feel better about him

Weird we have two QB's coming out, one names Nix and another names Penix, has to be the first time two QB's get drafted with an X in their name.
It mostly means nothing.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back