PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Rumors

I'd take any of the top 10 WRs at CBS over Thompkins

Have you guys watched any of Donte Moncrief or Martavis Bryant? These 2 could be 1st rounders in any other year.

I feel like the Patriots should consider getting 1 WR in the first two rounds, given the talent, and if there are still guys like Janis around i the 4th, you take 2 WRs. You don't find 6'4 220 pounders who can run a 4.4 40 each and every year. This is a rare thing with the WRs this year.

Miami Dolphins shopping 2013 first-round pick Dion Jordan - CBSSports.com

Rumor is the Fins are shopping Dion Jordan one year after taking him way too high. I wonder what it would take to get him from the fins. I doubt they would deal him in the division but who knows. What would you give up?

I'm getting Mayo is thinking Hightower for Jordan straight up. :eek: :D :singing:

Have you guys watched any of Donte Moncrief or Martavis Bryant? These 2 could be 1st rounders in any other year.

I feel like the Patriots should consider getting 1 WR in the first two rounds, given the talent, and if there are still guys like Janis around i the 4th, you take 2 WRs. You don't find 6'4 220 pounders who can run a 4.4 40 each and every year. This is a rare thing with the WRs this year.

It's funny I'm usually pretty harsh on the WR position wanting to error on the side of caution since I think it's the hardest position to project but there's so many WR prospects I'd be really happy with. I haven't watched a lot of Bryant and need to get back to him but I love Moncrief especially if he slides into the 3rd or 4th which he very well could given the depth at the position. I wouldn't be shocked if he went at 30 something or 120 depending on how teams see him and how the run on receivers goes. This is going to be a crazy draft. Pushing it to May SUCKS. :mad:

Miami Dolphins shopping 2013 first-round pick Dion Jordan - CBSSports.com

Rumor is the Fins are shopping Dion Jordan one year after taking him way too high. I wonder what it would take to get him from the fins. I doubt they would deal him in the division but who knows. What would you give up?

I'm getting Mayo is thinking Hightower for Jordan straight up. :eek: :D :singing:

I loved Dion Jordan, but I never imagined the level of hyperbole that would occur with him. He was routinely graded as a top 5 prospect on many rankings, and as high as #2. Chip Kelly (who obviously had a connection to Jordan) reportedly said he had Jordan and Lane Fisher ranked about equally, and would have been happy with either at #4.

I thought Jordan had an intoxicating mix of length and agility. But he was deficient in power and explosiveness. I wouldn't have taken him before the late 1st round, and would have been happier with him in the 2nd. But I probably ended up liking Jamie Collins better by the time the draft rolled round - more explosiveness, and better core strength.

I'd be thrilled to get Jordan, but only at a reasonably low price, and I can't imagine the Dolphins dealing him within the division. The cap hit also is against their dealing him. I don't really see any way of it happening, so I haven't spent much time thinking about it, but it would be interesting.

Chip Kelly (who obviously had a connection to Jordan) reportedly said he had Jordan and Lane Fisher ranked about equally.

You created an OT by morphing the best of Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson? Dude you're Scar on steroids. :singing:

All the leaks suggest it will be Bridgewater taking the dive. :confused:

I just don't see it that way. TB aside from having the best QB initials ever is the best prospect in this class. I don't see the Bortles hype. I think Manziel is going to scare some teams off and he may not tumble down the boards but if it happened I wouldn't be shocked.

I just don't see it that way. TB aside from having the best QB initials ever is the best prospect in this class. I don't see the Bortles hype. I think Manziel is going to scare some teams off and he may not tumble down the boards but if it happened I wouldn't be shocked.

I follow a number of former NFL scouts, draft pundits etc on twitter and I see something about the NFL not being enamoured by Bridgewater on an almost daily basis. The suggestion is that he's "not special" and I just don't get it. I wouldn't be surprised if he does a Geno Smith, especially considering how strong the top 10 is this year.

I follow a number of former NFL scouts, draft pundits etc on twitter and I see something about the NFL not being enamoured by Bridgewater on an almost daily basis. The suggestion is that he's "not special" and I just don't get it. I wouldn't be surprised if he does a Geno Smith, especially considering how strong the top 10 is this year.

Maybe. It's hard to tell what's real and what's disinformation.

First I don't think Houston is going to take a QB. By several different accounts of people who know BOB they say there's zero chance he's drafting a QB because he thinks he can get one lower and develop him. They may take JC or they may trade down.

Rams won't take a QB.

Jax, Cleveland and Oakland you have to believe two of the three and maybe all of them take QBs.

Atlanta, Tampa and Detroit won't take QBs.

The Vikings are a wild card and the Titans are a dark horse to take a QB. I don't believe Fitzpatick or Locker are the answer. Freeman and Ponder aren't either.

So that's 6 possible teams and I really think 5 with Houston out of the mix. You have 4 guys in Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel and Carr. Logic and the NFL history of over drafting the position says they'll all be gone by 11.

Personally TB is the only one I would draft that high. I do love Carr's accuracy but not playing in a pro style offense he's going to take some time at best. I don't like Bortles accuracy and I think Manziel isn't a leader or a team guy. I'm not convinced about his playing in the pocket and he doesn't have the size of a Big Ben to take a constant beating and stay on the field.

First I don't think Houston is going to take a QB. By several different accounts of people who know BOB they say there's zero chance he's drafting a QB because he thinks he can get one lower and develop him. They may take JC or they may trade down.

FWIW, John McClain, who has covered Houston longer than just about anybody, is still convinced that the Texans are going QB at #1.

"I've been saying 4 weeks and I will say until I believe differently, but the Texans are taking a quarterback. I'll be shocked if they don't." - John McClain

2014 NFL Draft Rumors - WalterFootball.com

Rams won't take a QB.

Jax, Cleveland and Oakland you have to believe two of the three and maybe all of them take QBs.

The Vikings are a wild card and the Titans are a dark horse to take a QB. I don't believe Fitzpatick or Locker are the answer. Freeman and Ponder aren't either.

So that's 6 possible teams and I really think 5 with Houston out of the mix. You have 4 guys in Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel and Carr. Logic and the NFL history of over drafting the position says they'll all be gone by 11.

Personally TB is the only one I would draft that high. I do love Carr's accuracy but not playing in a pro style offense he's going to take some time at best. I don't like Bortles accuracy and I think Manziel isn't a leader or a team guy. I'm not convinced about his playing in the pocket and he doesn't have the size of a Big Ben to take a constant beating and stay on the field.

John McLain who's a Texans beat guy is almost certain the Texans will take a QB and most of the mocks I see know have Bortles going to the Texans.

Rams won't take a QB.

I wouldn't rule out TB. New regimes hate old regimes left overs at QB. That goes for MIN and TEN as well. I think all the Bridgewater crap is posturing.

FWIW, John McClain, who has covered Houston longer than just about anybody, is still convinced that the Texans are going QB at #1.

2014 NFL Draft Rumors - WalterFootball.com

Scott Zolak said he was convinced the Texans wouldn't draft a QB based on his relationship with BOB. He relayed that he asked Albert Breer what he thought and Breer said he talked to a close friend of BOB's who said it wouldn't be a QB which to Zolak confirmed his thoughts. I think McClain is a fine reporter however BOB just got there so I don't know if he has the pulse of how BOB operates yet. Clearly the Texans could take a QB but I always took BOB to have the same confidence bordering on arrogance that McDaniels has demonstrated. JM was once quoted as saying I could take a high school QB and coach him up on this offense and he would be effective. So some of this is what I've read but to be fair I did have a preconceived notion on how BOB would approach this.

Scott Zolak said he was convinced the Texans wouldn't draft a QB based on his relationship with BOB. He relayed that he asked Albert Breer what he thought and Breer said he talked to a close friend of BOB's who said it wouldn't be a QB which to Zolak confirmed his thoughts. I think McClain is a fine reporter however BOB just got there so I don't know if he has the pulse of how BOB operates yet. Clearly the Texans could take a QB but I always took BOB to have the same confidence bordering on arrogance that McDaniels has demonstrated. JM was once quoted as saying I could take a high school QB and coach him up on this offense and he would be effective. So some of this is what I've read but to be fair I did have a preconceived notion on how BOB would approach this.

Bortles was coached by BOB's mentor wasn't he? I suspect that will play a part.

Edit. Yup George O'Leary. HC at UCF.

John McLain who's a Texans beat guy is almost certain the Texans will take a QB and most of the mocks I see know have Bortles going to the Texans.

I explained my view to Mayo but also if the Texans do go QB I see it being TB and not Bortles. TB is much more accurate, is able to read the defense before the snap and is able to make post snap adjustments and I think BOB coming from the Pats system will value that over Bortles size and arm strength.

Just my take. I know what the mocks are saying and I know how the general opinion wind is blowing.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back