PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Rumors

From Tony Pauline:

I’m told Texas A&M receiver Mike Evans is a real possibility for the New York Giants with the draft’s 12th selection if available. The team is expected to lose veteran wide out Hakeen Nicks to free agency and there’s not much production on the depth chart after Victor Cruz and Rueben Randle. I’m also told if one of the top offensive tackles (Greg Robinson or Taylor Lewan) happen to slip to the 12th pick the Giants would look in that direction. Otherwise expect the team to initially look for guards in free agency.

Combine News & Notes: Tuesday

Time to start posting all the draft-related gossip.

From Daniel Jeremiah on NFL.com: the Browns like Derrick Carr over Johnny Manziel, and they plan to take a non-QB at #4 and then hope to get Carr at #26.

Cleveland Browns like Derek Carr over Johnny Manziel - NFL.com

That would be a surprise if they didn't go quarterback, but if they decided not to, I am guessing they would take Sammy Watkins. That would be a great wr combo with him and Gordon!!!

Time to start posting all the draft-related gossip.

From Daniel Jeremiah on NFL.com: the Browns like Derrick Carr over Johnny Manziel, and they plan to take a non-QB at #4 and then hope to get Carr at #26.

Cleveland Browns like Derek Carr over Johnny Manziel - NFL.com

We already knew that. At least that's what all the conspiracy theorists will say. If we make any deals with Clev. now the tin foil hat crowd will be in an uproar.

Michael Lombardi?s Combine Paperwork Causes Browns Fans To Freak Out | New England Patriots | NESN.com

I think Mike Evans would be a beast in the Giants offense, assuming health. Maybe not right out of the gates, but within a couple of years certainly.

I think Mike Evans would be a beast in the Giants offense, assuming health. Maybe not right out of the gates, but within a couple of years certainly.

WRs:
Evans
Randle
Cruz
Jernigan

TE:
Myers

They'd need to grab a RB, but they'd have their skill positions mostly set.

That would be a surprise if they didn't go quarterback, but if they decided not to, I am guessing they would take Sammy Watkins. That would be a great wr combo with him and Gordon!!!

They could also draft Amaro at 26 and then trade #35 back into the first round to get Carr (or trade it for Mallett! Just kidding, but seriously, they could do it!). Imagine that receiving core. Gordon/Watkins/Amaro. Lots of talent there.

WRs:
Evans
Randle
Cruz
Jernigan

TE:
Myers

Meyers is a FA, they cut him a few weeks back.

WRs:
Evans
Randle
Cruz
Jernigan

TE:
Myers

They would need a TE. That's another position that's deep in this draft. I can see the Giants as the kind of team that fills out the rest of their roster then takes a shot at Lyerla in the 7th.

They could also draft Amaro at 26 and then trade #35 back into the first round to get Carr (or trade it for Mallett! Just kidding, but seriously, they could do it!). Imagine that receiving core. Gordon/Watkins/Amaro. Lots of talent there.

Cleveland already has a great TE in Jordan Cameron.

Now if your telling me they are shopping him around, I'll be more then happy to give them our second for him. He's a beast!

Cleveland already has a great TE in Jordan Cameron.

Now if your telling me they are shopping him around, I'll be more then happy to give them our second for him. He's a beast!

True. But I was thinking Amaro of more of a WR then a TE. From most of what I have read he seems to be more fit to play off the line and his blocking is suspect.

Meyers is a FA, they cut him a few weeks back.

Thanks. For whatever reason, I'd completely missed that. They cut Webster too. Hmmm...

Thanks. For whatever reason, I'd completely missed that. They cut Webster too. Hmmm...

Personally have 0 interest in either, Webster has been done for a few years now and Meyers caused turnovers as often as he produced anything positive.

which franchise can unexpectedly grab a QB early? I think the Bengals can, things must be very bad in Cincinnati after this last atrocious loss in the playoffs.

I think Neither the FO nor the fan base trust Dalton anymore.

which franchise can unexpectedly grab a QB early? I think the Bengals can, things must be very bad in Cincinnati after this last atrocious loss in the playoffs.

I think Neither the FO nor the fan base trust Dalton anymore.

I've read that they're starting the process of negotiating a new contract with him. That doesn't suggest a lack of trust.

@DougKyedNESN: Just talked with a scout. He said Greg Robinson's the best offensive line prospect in the last 20 years. He's the best player in the draft.

If he's that good, shouldn't he be in the running for #1? That would be interesting.

If he's that good, shouldn't he be in the running for #1? That would be interesting.

I've been saying for 2 months that Robinson has just as much freakish ability as Clowney. Other than Joe Thomas (who went #2 in 2007) and Orlando Pace (#1 in 1997), no OT that I can think of even comes close since Jonathan Ogden/Walter Jones in 1996.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back