PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donte' Stallworth may get cut today. Would you take him back?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you re-sign Stallworth?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Stallworth Kills Pedestrian

No I understand what you're saying, I just think that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Last I checked you are innocent until proven guilty in this country, maybe you don't think so though. Remember before the Super Bowl when Moss was in the news for hitting a woman? Was he guilty? Ask Mike Vick about number 5.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. You're simplistically generalizing every single incident of every single athlete which is why I think you're the simple one. He hasn't even been charged with any crime and we know very little about the incident. I'm sure if he was drunk it would have taken about 2 seconds to make him take a breathalyzer to verify.
If me or you had done what mike vick did, we would be under the jail. And Kobe walked after admitting rape in his court ordered apology, OJ nuff said. The way it works in this celeb obsessed country is if an athlete/star commits a crime they are guilty until proven guilty and then they are acquitted. Thats obvious. It sucks but its true. Were you by any chance on the oj murder jury?

Case in point they caught Marvin Harrison with the gun involved in a shooting a very rare gun. No charges.

If me or you had done what mike vick did, we would be under the jail. And Kobe walked after admitting rape in his court ordered apology, OJ nuff said. The way it works in this celeb obsessed country is if an athlete/star commits a crime they are guilty until proven guilty and then they are acquitted. Thats obvious. It sucks but its true. Were you by any chance on the oj murder jury?

The average conviction on dog fighting is around 5 years. Vick is serving a few years and then on probation and house arrest. That doesn't seem like it is that far off. The other people involved got much less time than Vick (who BTW I hate and wish he got more time).

Kobe never admitted rape, there was very little evidence against him and she agreed to drop the charges without compensation. Give me a break.

As for OJ, you are right that he was guilty. Everyone is entitled to a defense and he had the best one money could buy. It also helped that the police completely botched the case and their main witness was a racist who lied about being a racist.

I'm not trying to say that athletes don't commit crimes. But this attitude that you have that all celebrities and athletes are guilty until proven innocent is complete BS. Let the court system figure it out. Yes they have a better chance of getting off because they can afford the best lawyers, the same can be same for any millionaire. You get better representation when you have money, welcome to the real world.

You're attitude is exactly why the Duke lacrosse players were arrested with no evidence and later released. How about the Duke players, were they guilty too or does it only count with black athletes? Were you by any chance Mike Nifong? Because I'm sure he had your exact beliefs.

I also like how you ignored the Randy Moss incident. He was guilty though right? Because he's an athlete of course.

Last edited:
I wouldn't cause even though he was on our team in 2007, we have enough WR on our payroll right now. I would hate having a WR surplus.

Re: Donte Stallworth may get cut today. Would you take him back?

I said maybe. Only because we just signed Joey Galloway to a one year deal. We have Moss, Welker, and Lewis under contract, and we need to spend our money on something we need, like OLB, ILB, SS, CB etc etc

Did it strike anyone as odd that the ESPN article ends with "He previously played for the New England Patriots."? I normally think that the whole "media is out to get us" stuff is overblown, but it seemed pretty random for that to just get tacked onto the end of the article for no apparent reason.

I'm totally with you. WTF. It's not like we are even the last team that he played for either. The article is pretty specific and it says's

Donte Stallworth, 28, is an eight-year pro NFL wide receiver. He's played with the New England Patriots, and had an agreed to terms of a seven-year, $35-million contract with the Browns, $10-million of which is guaranteed.

How bout "Donte Stallworth, 28, is an eight-year pro NFL wide receiver. He's played with the New Orleans Saints, and had......"

or;

"Donte Stallworth, 28, is an eight-year pro NFL wide receiver. He's played with the Philadelphia Eagles, and had......"

just stupid.

p.s. I hope he's innocent.

Last edited:
Reports are saying .12. While .04 may be a small number normally, that's 50% over the legal limit if it's true. Very, very sad all the way around - mostly for the family of the deceased.

What a tragic consequence to ill-advised behaviour.
If just one of us here goes on to make the right decision on driving after drinking beyond the limit, some good will come of this.

You need to CTFO.
Wow, in charge of what opinons cab be posted now, are we, and getting nasty when you edicts aren't obeyed?

His opinion is as valid as yours. CTFO yourself, or STHU.

I feel bad for him. I don't for one second believe that most of us haven't had a close call with such an incident and the only dividing line in our not carrying that guilt is pure luck.

If he was intoxicated, it's a mark against him, let there be no doubt. However, I'm willing to bet more than a few of you (on this one, I haven't, I'm a teetotaler) have gotten behind the wheel a little "happier" than you ought to have.

This self-righteous crap being spewed in the wake of this event is really sad. We're a largely non-compassionate people group and we deserve whatever we get.

I hope that everyone (the man's family, Donte and his) finds a way to live life again when the dust settles.

Donte can afford a chaeffeur. If hes going to go out and get wasted, he shouldn't be planning to get in a car. Most of us don't have that option.

Zero tolerance for drunk drivers...I say an eye for an eye. Let the victim's family get drunk and run Stallworth over.

I once felt that if a group of pedestrians had been walking a little differently (still legally) I would have been at risk of plowing into them. I wasn't under the influence of any chemicals; I just hadn't slept in quite a while. I haven't driven that tired again.

The law is a big fat warning to us that when we're inebriated we shouldn't drive. I support life-altering punishment for those who ignore that warning and then kill somebody. If the published reports are correct, that's what Stallworth is surely in for.

Sad all the way around, regardless of how some feel Donte has never been a problem type of person and it's sad to see he will most likely be charged with vehicular manslaughter and lose a good 10-15 years of his life in prison for one mistake.

While I understand the emotions running through this thread about driving drunk, comments about Donte being drunk when he struck this man are pretty premature.

Unless and until an official from the Police Department investigating this situation makes an official statement, then all of this is unwarranted.

All of you folks screaming for Donte's head ought to realize you sound exactly like all the Pats haters out there who were screaming for Coach's head when the rumours started flying about Walsh's alleged 'walkthrough" tape.

If Dante was driving under the influence, then he'll get his day in court. But to run him through the mill like this based upon alleged comments from unidentified persons who supposedly are privy to confidential tests results is ludicrous.

I would expect better from Patriots fans. I thought we all understood the sort of craptacular stuff reporters put out, and how it feels to be on the receiving end of it.

It's innocent until proven guilty, remember?

While I understand the emotions running through this thread about driving drunk, comments about Donte being drunk when he struck this man are pretty premature.

Unless and until an official from the Police Department investigating this situation makes an official statement, then all of this is unwarranted.

All of you folks screaming for Donte's head ought to realize you sound exactly like all the Pats haters out there who were screaming for Coach's head when the rumours started flying about Walsh's alleged 'walkthrough" tape.

If Dante was driving under the influence, then he'll get his day in court. But to run him through the mill like this based upon alleged comments from unidentified persons who supposedly are privy to confidential tests results is ludicrous.

I would expect better from Patriots fans. I thought we all understood the sort of craptacular stuff reporters put out, and how it feels to be on the receiving end of it.

It's innocent until proven guilty, remember?

1.) He reportedly blew a .12, which is LEGALLY sufficient for a DUI in Florida. It does not mean that he was drunk. I'm opposed to DUI laws, so I won't comment on them any further than that.

2.) Innocent until proven guilty is for a court of law. The court of public opinion need not wait. O.J. is legally not guilty of killing his wife. That doesn't mean that the public can't believe he did it.

Wow, in charge of what opinons cab be posted now, are we, and getting nasty when you edicts aren't obeyed?

His opinion is as valid as yours. CTFO yourself, or STHU.

What "edicts". This was not about opinion, friend. He slammed the original post with some over-the-top exaggerations and I defended it. That's what you jump on? Nice.

He was'nt that far over the legal limit. It was 7am, so deduction would tell me Donte was doing the drive of shame in the wee hours of the morning. Tough break for all those involved. Your heart has to go out to the family of the deceased and to a lesser extent the Stallworth's, sad all the way around.:(

If that breathalyzer is accurate, DUI and a resulting death will get him a DWI manslaughter and up to 15 years in jail. According to statute, the legal limit is 0.08. Florida Statutes § 316.193.

If the police are reporting 0.12, that doesn't look good for him. In terms of celebrities, I do not think that information is the type that casually leaks out to the public given the possibility of civil litigation from people with money when smeared without facts.

I will still wait until the complete story gets out, but suspect I will be in the distinct minority. Bad all round.

How terrible for everyone involved. I can't imagine how many lives from both families this will affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes