PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donte' Stallworth may get cut today. Would you take him back?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you re-sign Stallworth?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that breathalyzer is accurate, DUI and a resulting death will get him a DWI manslaughter and up to 15 years in jail. According to statute, the legal limit is 0.08. Florida Statutes § 316.193.

If the police are reporting 0.12, that doesn't look good for him. In terms of celebrities, I do not think that information is the type that casually leaks out to the public given the possibility of civil litigation from people with money when smeared without facts.

I will still wait until the complete story gets out, but suspect I will be in the distinct minority. Bad all round.

Haven't waded thru the whole thread, but back to the OP's question: that would be a big "NO" now. If he's charged and found guilty, which looks like a pretty good possibility now, he'll end up doing some time for sure.

Re: OT: Stallworth Kills Pedestrian

I feel bad for him. I don't for one second believe that most of us haven't had a close call with such an incident and the only dividing line in our not carrying that guilt is pure luck.

If he was intoxicated, it's a mark against him, let there be no doubt. However, I'm willing to bet more than a few of you (on this one, I haven't, I'm a teetotaler) have gotten behind the wheel a little "happier" than you ought to have.

This self-righteous crap being spewed in the wake of this event is really sad. We're a largely non-compassionate people group and we deserve whatever we get.

I hope that everyone (the man's family, Donte and his) finds a way to live life again when the dust settles.

Sorry. While I hope that Mr. Stallworth gets a fair trial and enjoys the full benefit of the presumption of innocence under our laws, I disagree with you on drinking and driving.

Over the last 20 years or so, awareness of and the availability of public information about the risks and behavior associated with drinking and driving have increased to the point where there really is no excuse anymore.

And, with an alleged 0.12 Blood Alchohol Level, Stallworth would be a full 50% over the legal 0.08 in Florida, if indeed that was his test result. So, on that assumption, this wouldn't even be a close call (if one wanted to argue that "close calls" should get differentiated treatment or consideration, which I would not).

I have zero tolerance for drinking and driving by myself, my family and my friends. If Stallworth indeed was drinking and driving (and we don't know that for a fact), I would have no empathy in this case where we are dealing with a wealthy individual who could easily afford either to hire a car or pay a driver for his own vehicle (a Bentley as it turns out).

If that's "self-righteous crap" and "non-compassionate," then I stand guilty as charged. To use your terminology, if I were to get behind a wheel intoxicated, then I feel that I would fully deserve "whatever get."

Last edited:

Sorry. While I hope that Mr. Stallworth gets a fair trial and enjoys the full benefit of the presumption of innocence under our laws, I disagree with you on drinking and driving.

Over the last 20 years or so, awareness of and the availability of public information about the risks and behavior associated with drinking and driving have increased to the point where there really is no excuse anymore.

And, with an alleged 0.12 Blood Alchohol Level, Stallworth would be a full 50% over the legal 0.08 in Florida, if indeed that was his test result. So, on that assumption, this wouldn't even be a close call (if one wanted to argue that "close calls" should get differentiated treatment or consideration, which I would not).

I have zero tolerance for drinking and driving by myself, my family and my friends. I certainly would have no tolerance for it in the case of a guy who could easily afford either to hire a car or pay a driver for his own vehicle (a Bentley as it turns out in this case).

If that's "self-righteous crap" and "non-compassionate," then I stand guilty as charged. To use your terminology, if I were to get behind a wheel intoxicated, then I feel that I would fully deserve "whatever get."

I assume you favor prison and have zero tolerance for people who eat, listen to the radio, text or talk on a cell phone, talk to passengers while driving or drive while drowsy, as well....

Distracted Driving More Dangerous Than DUI? | James Murphy

Texting while Driving Even More Dangerous than Driving while Drunk or High on Marijuana

Cell Phone Useage While Driving Is More Dangerous Than DUI? | BlufftonToday.com

http://www.wikihow.com/Stay-Awake-when-Driving

We really need to cut to the chase and outlaw transportation. That'll help cut way down on driving deaths.

Last edited:

I believe JSn was referring to everyone prejudging Stallworth without reference to the facts. He was further pointing out that if you are decrying the guy for a fortuitous outcome when you have ever gotten behind the wheel and just happened to avoid the result, you have no standing to criticize what he did and are a hypocrite.

Many people take the wheel after a drink or two and figure they are fine, until something like this happens. This may be a case in which a sober man could not have avoided the outcome, but the alcohol means his reflexes are in question, despite having the physical ability and reflexes of a world class athlete. It is further something, leaving aside the tragic death of the victim, he will likely spend the rest of his life trying to answer and never doing so. Leaving aside the alcohol issue, how many people look at a cell phone or mess with the radio dial while driving. How many of those people end up killing someone by not paying attention? There are plenty. Bad judgment and bad end. It is a life altering outcome to an exercise of poor judgment.

With that said, his BAC of 0.12, if true, for his body weight puts him at a level of 6 or 7 drinks in one hour. That would likely be well beyond happy. If true, his last stop did him no favors by letting him get behind the wheel if he was not sober enough to make that decision.

JMHO but Donte's going to go through some very difficult times,not only in terms of dealing with his own legal issues but sweetjezuz can you imagine living with the fact you KILLED someone while driving drunk no less? Sue me, jail me, bankrupt me, take away my career but blank that particular memory OUT of my mind forever, if you're merciful.

This could be anybody's worst nightmare, anybody's, and living with the knowledge that you slammed an innocent person to their death, while drunk, must be one of the most abhorrent memories anyone could be sentenced to live with for the rest of their days.

Godspeed to the victim and family; Godspeed to Donte too. There but for the grace of God go a lot of people, not only a potential offender but a victim as well. I've driven behind people who were obviously drunk or impaired. I've seen many people leave a bar toasted, in fact I know of at least 2 recent car accidents related to drunk driving. I've seen people overserved, people who never even carded and who were also underaged. Seriously, one of the first things we did when we went to college was hook ourselves up with a fake ID:D

JMO but drunk driving is taken WAY too lightly. Just a few years ago two girls,sisters, were killed in a car accident related to drunk driving, both 17.

2 boys in my HS were severly injured in a car accident, victims of a drunk driver.

There's way too high a tolerance for DUI's, it takes a LOT to finally lose your license.

There were a lot of victims here, my heart goes out to all of them.

I assume you favor prison and have zero tolerance for people who eat, listen to the radio, text or talk on a cell phone, talk to passengers while driving or drive while drowsy, as well....

Distracted Driving More Dangerous Than DUI? | James Murphy

Texting while Driving Even More Dangerous than Driving while Drunk or High on Marijuana

Cell Phone Useage While Driving Is More Dangerous Than DUI? | BlufftonToday.com

How to Stay Awake when Driving - wikiHow

We really need to cut to the chase and outlaw transportation. That'll help cut way down on driving deaths.

[Way, way OT if you want to ignore this. Deus just got under my skin here (which he no doubt was trying to do :)).]

I'll take your comments seriously, though my inclination is just to treat them as provocative and move on.

Without going into each of the behaviors you mention (some of which are indeed against the law in many places), I'd just say that the relative negative impacts of some forms of behavior (distractions from texting, cell phones, eating or the radio) don't obviate the negative impact of another form of behavior (drinking to the point of legally defined intoxication while driving).

The data on the different behaviors you mention range from compelling to anecdotal. The data on drinking and driving are, however, unequivocal.

And, yep, I have a problem with some of the behaviors you describe. The logical leap to the conclusion "outlaw transportation" is however hyperbolic at best and I really won't argue it.

I'm more or less a Libertarian on societal behavor that doesn't, um, kill people. So, I kind of like laws that protect kids from drunks or otherwise intoxicated folk getting behind the wheel of two-ton vehicles. I also like laws that penalize idiots talking on cell phones or texting for jumping the curb, mowing down pedestrians and ramming into restaurtants or storefronts.

As for folks who are dumb enough to drive while reading or eating in such a way as to impair their ability to manage their vehicle, I would prefer not to bring the law into the picture, but rather I take a Darwinian approach and just hope that they only kill themselves and not others, preferably before they've procreated and further polluted the gene pool.

Guess this is why we should stick to football out here.

I believe JSn was referring to everyone prejudging Stallworth without reference to the facts. He was further pointing out that if you are decrying the guy for a fortuitous outcome when you have ever gotten behind the wheel and just happened to avoid the result, you have no standing to criticize what he did and are a hypocrite.

Many people take the wheel after a drink or two and figure they are fine, until something like this happens. This may be a case in which a sober man could not have avoided the outcome, but the alcohol means his reflexes are in question, despite having the physical ability and reflexes of a world class athlete. It is further something, leaving aside the tragic death of the victim, he will likely spend the rest of his life trying to answer and never doing so. Leaving aside the alcohol issue, how many people look at a cell phone or mess with the radio dial while driving. How many of those people end up killing someone by not paying attention? There are plenty. Bad judgment and bad end. It is a life altering outcome to an exercise of poor judgment.

With that said, his BAC of 0.12, if true, for his body weight puts him at a level of 6 or 7 drinks in one hour. That would likely be well beyond happy. If true, his last stop did him no favors by letting him get behind the wheel if he was not sober enough to make that decision.

thanks. those are all good points and well argued. i address a couple of them in my response to Deus above.

As I posted earlier, everyone who is jumping on the "Donte was driving drunk" bandwagon needs to take a step back and look up the word "hypocrite".

This report comes from a reporter who ALLEGES that and UNNAMED SOURCE close to the investigation CLAIMS that Donte's Blood Alcohol Level was above the legal limit.

You guys are taking this ball and running with it in the VERY same manner that Pats Haters all over the country ran with the story that the Patriots Cheated, and that they filmed the Rams walkthrough prior to the Superbowl.

This story is no different than Tomasse's POS article prior to the Superbowl. unsubstantiated, and treading on emotion vice facts.

Many, many people on this board wanted to hang Tomasse & ESPN for their sloppy and spurious reporting, the artivcles dripping with faux outrage and inuendo, but when the truth came out, they all looked liked fools they are.

I'm not saying that Dante might not have been drinking. I'm saying that these sorts of posts you all are putting up are specious and inflammatory, and absolutely no different than those on all the other message boards around the league who ranted on about the Patriots.

I expected better from all of you. We all know how much this sort of crap hurts, especially when it's all speculation, without any facts to back it up.

You all need to back off until some OFFICIAL reports come down from those involved.

Last edited:
If our society wants to set up establishments that peddle alcohol and encourage the recreational use of a mind-altering substance, bad judgment and fatalities result.

My father died in a drunk driving incident and my children will never know their grandfather. Ask me if I'd rather have tougher laws on drunk driving or limit the availability of a judgment dimishing, recreational substance...

I work with teenagers and every year in our small community, a couple of teenagers die in a drunk driving incident. Are they idiots who get what they deserve? Would you like to make that suggestion to their parents?

Come on back to the stable and let me get you a shorter horse.

Last edited:

[Way, way OT if you want to ignore this. Deus just got under my skin here (which he no doubt was trying to do :)).]

I'll take your comments seriously, though my inclination is just to treat them as provocative and move on.

Without going into each of the behaviors you mention (some of which are indeed against the law in many places), I'd just say that the relative negative impacts of some forms of behavior (distractions from texting, cell phones, eating or the radio) don't obviate the negative impact of another form of behavior (drinking to the point of legally defined intoxication while driving).

The data on the different behaviors you mention range from compelling to anecdotal. The data on drinking and driving are, however, unequivocal.

And, yep, I have a problem with some of the behaviors you describe. The logical leap to the conclusion "outlaw transportation" is however hyperbolic at best and I really won't argue it.

I'm more or less a Libertarian on societal behavor that doesn't, um, kill people. So, I kind of like laws that protect kids from drunks or otherwise intoxicated folk getting behind the wheel of two-ton vehicles. I also like laws that penalize idiots talking on cell phones or texting for jumping the curb, mowing down pedestrians and ramming into restaurtants or storefronts.

As for folks who are dumb enough to drive while reading or eating in such a way as to impair their ability to manage their vehicle, I would prefer not to bring the law into the picture, but rather I take a Darwinian approach and just hope that they only kill themselves and not others, preferably before they've procreated and further polluted the gene pool.

Guess this is why we should stick to football out here.

The act of drinking did not kill anyone, it was the driving. Commenting on the rest would be a waste of time because your post shows it won't matter and it's not really what this forum is about.

Last edited:

The act of drinking did not kill anyone, it was the driving. Commenting on the rest would be a waste of time.

That's a pretty stupid division. The act of driving, after drinking, killed someone. Would it have happened if he were sober? Maybe, but it's much less likely.

That's a pretty stupid division. The act of driving, after drinking, killed someone. Would it have happened if he were sober? Maybe, but it's much less likely.

No, it's not a stupid division at all. As I said, commenting further is a waste of time. You're not thinking, you're reacting, and that means you're not really capable of reasoned discourse on the subject. I was nearly killed by a drunk driver and I'm only alive today because I'd been wearing my seatbelt. Nonetheless, I oppose DUI laws and seatbelt laws because I think rather than react when it comes to laws and infringement of freedoms.

If our society wants to set up establishments that peddle alcohol and encourage the recreational use of a mind-altering substance, bad judgment and fatalities result.

My father died in a drunk driving incident and my children will never know their grandfather. Ask me if I'd rather have tougher laws on drunk driving or limit the availability of a judgment dimishing, recreational substance...

I work with teenagers and every year in our small community, a couple of teenagers die in a drunk driving incident. Are they idiots who get what they deserve? Would you like to make that suggestion to their parents?

Come on back to the stable and let me get you a shorter horse.

Alcohol is legal to be consumed, it's a mind altering chemical. It impairs your judgement. The hardest part of this issue is where you lay the blame. One it's legal, secondly it impairs judgement. Unfortunately, it positively affect's millions, and at the same time it negetively effect's millions.

"we are like lambs disporting themselves under the watchful eye of the butcher"

sorry for your loss,
al

No, it's not a stupid division at all. As I said, commenting further is a waste of time. You're not thinking, you're reacting, and that means you're not really capable of reasoned discourse on the subject. I was nearly killed by a drunk driver and I'm only alive today because I'd been wearing my seatbelt. Nonetheless, I oppose DUI laws and seatbelt laws because I think rather than react when it comes to laws and infringement of freedoms.

After reading this, I think you should go find the guy that nearly killed you and give a redo. Make sure he gets it right this time. It's thinking like yours that will get me killed one night. Do you think before you write? That was a rhetorical question.

All you 152 clowns that want him back here. I hope he comes to where you are and nail you as well. He just killed someone and you idiots still want him on the Pats. I'm stunned.

Last edited:

After reading this, I think you should go find the guy that nearly killed you and give a redo. Make sure he gets it right this time. It's thinking like yours that will get me killed one night. Do you think before you write? That was a rhetorical question.

Ahhh.... yet another troll hits the boards. How nice. Children drown in buckets. Should we outlaw buckets?

Large buckets and young children can be a deadly combination. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has received reports of over 275 young children who have drowned in buckets since 1984.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/5006.html

Last edited:
This is a forum for my favourite team. I won't waste anymore time with people that have no respect for human life, even their own. Put yourself in that family's shoes. Put yourself in Mr. Reyes shoes. Think about his kids for a moment.

Now tell me, who the hell is Stallworth. A murderer.

All you 152 clowns that want him back here. I hope he comes to where you are and nail you as well. He just killed someone and you idiots still want him on the Pats. I'm stunned.

Who the hell said they wanted him back AFTER the accident?? This thread was started before the person was killed, and as soon as that happened all discussion about bringing Donte back ceased pretty much instantly as far as I can see.

Hey, crazy train, view the initial post date, view the story date, engage whatever operative portion of your brain you have and realize the poll was done well before this incident happened. I suspect nobody would be asking him back to the Pats now.

As you are a new poster, spend some time reading the entire thread, including the start date, before posting. "Stunned" is likely a normal condition as you view daily events if your post is any indication.

there is no chance of him coming back especially now. imagine if he just smoked some pot he would of never killed the guy!! alcohol bad(when driving).

there is no chance of him coming back especially now. imagine if he just smoked some pot he would of never killed the guy!! alcohol bad(when driving).

He should have ridden his elephant home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes