PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donte' Stallworth may get cut today. Would you take him back?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you re-sign Stallworth?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Stallworth Kills Pedestrian

Yeah, theres been no determination yet who's fault it was. Hopefully for Donte's sake, he is not at fault. Wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Any thoughts of him coming back here to be a #3 are gone forever......

Yeah, theres been no determination yet who's fault it was. Hopefully for Donte's sake, he is not at fault. Wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Yep. Like some others have said this is gonna stay with him forever, regardless of fault. Horrible situation either way.

I really liked him although injuries have always held him back but I sure hope it wasn't his fault

I just read it, and it says all of the teams he played with. However, it was updated at 4:25pm, so maybe someone complained.

Ahh, okay- when I read it it just said the Pats. I didn't really want to complain about it, since that's not exactly the point of the article, but it did seem oddly out of place.

Heres the timeline we must all follow Dont Deviate!

1 INCIDENT OCCURS

2 YOU ARE ASSUMED GUILTY IN THE PUBLIC EYE

3 YOU VEHEMENTLY DENY CITING (ALL THE STORY IS NOT KNOWN YET)

4 ALL THE EVIDENCE PROVES YOU ARE IN FACT GUILTY AS HELL

5 YOU WALK

6 YOU SCORE A LOT OR HIT HOMERS OR WHATEVER

7 YOU ARE NOW A BELOVED ROLE MODEL AGAIN

So true, So true...

Ahh, okay- when I read it it just said the Pats. I didn't really want to complain about it, since that's not exactly the point of the article, but it did seem oddly out of place.

I had the same response when I first saw the article as it closed with a single line of Stallworth playing for the Patriots. The journeymen players involved in negative news always seem to have Patriots affiliation noted, and not as a list of teams (see the MA teacher/coach, Meggett, etc.). I can never figure out if that is noted for purposes of doing something impressive in their lives, or trying to throw mud at the team.

Last edited:

That's unfortunate what happened, also a bit rough IMO to say he 'killed' somebody without knowing the full details yet. It could have been completely the pedestrian's fault we still don't know. Regardless, may he rest in peace.

That's unfortunate what happened, also a bit rough IMO to say he 'killed' somebody without knowing the full details yet. It could have been completely the pedestrian's fault we still don't know. Regardless, may he rest in peace.

In my rush to post (everyone always wants to be the first to post) I was feeling pretty sheety about the "kills" pedestrian, even tho I took it right from the headlines. Thanks for responding to that and ditto on may he rest in peace.

Acording to PFT now:

We’re also told that Stallworth claimed in his statement to police that he saw the man crossing the street from a distance, and flashed the high beams and honked the horn of the Bentley he was driving. Apparently, there’s an issue as to whether Stallworth could have taken evasive action because of a barrier along the median.

Ummm... wow.

In my rush to post (everyone always wants to be the first to post) I was feeling pretty sheety about the "kills" pedestrian, even tho I took it right from the headlines. Thanks for responding to that and ditto on may he rest in peace.

Oh it's okay, besides I wasn't really referring solely to the thread title. I saw most of the headlines all across the web saying that he 'hit and killed' somebody that's what I was talking about.

I feel bad for him. I don't for one second believe that most of us haven't had a close call with such an incident and the only dividing line in our not carrying that guilt is pure luck.

If he was intoxicated, it's a mark against him, let there be no doubt. However, I'm willing to bet more than a few of you (on this one, I haven't, I'm a teetotaler) have gotten behind the wheel a little "happier" than you ought to have.

This self-righteous crap being spewed in the wake of this event is really sad. We're a largely non-compassionate people group and we deserve whatever we get.

I hope that everyone (the man's family, Donte and his) finds a way to live life again when the dust settles.

If he was intoxicated, it's a mark against him, let there be no doubt. However, I'm willing to bet more than a few of you (on this one, I haven't, I'm a teetotaler) have gotten behind the wheel a little "happier" than you ought to have.

I never have, actually. I drink more than my fair share, but drinking and driving is a line that I have no intention of crossing. It really surprises me that people in general are so willing to endanger others for the sake of their own entertainment. It's ridiculous, and anyone who kills someone because they're driving drunk deserves whatever punishment they get for it. That said, I hope that Stallworth wasn't drunk, of course- this incident is already bad enough without that to add to it.

Last edited:

Acording to PFT now:

he flashed his lights and honked his horn before running him over.

Ummm... wow.

that was awfully polite of him.

Acording to PFT now:

We’re also told that Stallworth claimed in his statement to police that he saw the man crossing the street from a distance, and flashed the high beams and honked the horn of the Bentley he was driving. Apparently, there’s an issue as to whether Stallworth could have taken evasive action because of a barrier along the median.

Ummm... wow.

That actually sounds like China. Cars will honk and flash lights but generally not stop for pedestrians. We had to teach our kids that when we moved. Just last week I saw an old woman get run over.

This is really a sad case.

What a horrible thing he lives with for the rest of his life whether he was at fault or not.

Agreed ... horrible event for anyone and their families.

That actually sounds like China. Cars will honk and flash lights but generally not stop for pedestrians. We had to teach our kids that when we moved. Just last week I saw an old woman get run over.

This is really a sad case.

When i was in China for 2 weeks i saw 2 people get hit by cars. They DO NOT stop for you no matter what. Its pretty amazing. Are they trying to say they might get him for DUI? My dad just came in and said that he told police he was drinking but stopped around midnight. If he was under the influence of anything..bye bye NFL.

What didnt you understand? Are you simple?

No I understand what you're saying, I just think that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Originally Posted by APatrioticVirginian
Heres the timeline we must all follow Dont Deviate!

1 INCIDENT OCCURS

2 YOU ARE ASSUMED GUILTY IN THE PUBLIC EYE

3 YOU VEHEMENTLY DENY CITING (ALL THE STORY IS NOT KNOWN YET)

4 ALL THE EVIDENCE PROVES YOU ARE IN FACT GUILTY AS HELL

5 YOU WALK

6 YOU SCORE A LOT OR HIT HOMERS OR WHATEVER

7 YOU ARE NOW A BELOVED ROLE MODEL AGAIN

Last I checked you are innocent until proven guilty in this country, maybe you don't think so though. Remember before the Super Bowl when Moss was in the news for hitting a woman? Was he guilty? Ask Mike Vick about number 5.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. You're simplistically generalizing every single incident of every single athlete which is why I think you're the simple one. He hasn't even been charged with any crime and we know very little about the incident. I'm sure if he was drunk it would have taken about 2 seconds to make him take a breathalyzer to verify.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday