PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donte' Stallworth may get cut today. Would you take him back?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you re-sign Stallworth?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Donte Stallworth may get cut today. Would you take him back?

guess we are not picking up stallworth at all

Re: OT: Stallworth Kills Pedestrian

It was at 7 in the morning so likely no substances involved... unless he just got out of a club

So who still wants Stallworth to come back to the Patriots? Man-slaughter we wont see him play in the NFL for a while.

Obviously at this point I would want to wait until we know if he was doing anything criminal when he hit and killed that man earlier today. If it was an honest accident, maybe, but I would hate to see another possible distraction for the team this year. If he was drunk, high, or just driving like an idiot, then no.

From what I read there will be no determination of charges for a couple of days.. a lot will depend on the circumstances, maybe the victim was drunk and wandered into the road.. right now it is not real clear what happened.. I would not want to get hit by a Bentley..

Last edited:

What a bad couple of years for Donte, losses that game in February with the pats, signs and huge contract with browns thinking he will make his money and be on a good team, the team sucks he is hurt the whole season and now this.

Did it strike anyone as odd that the ESPN article ends with "He previously played for the New England Patriots."? I normally think that the whole "media is out to get us" stuff is overblown, but it seemed pretty random for that to just get tacked onto the end of the article for no apparent reason.

Did it strike anyone as odd that the ESPN article ends with "He previously played for the New England Patriots."? I normally think that the whole "media is out to get us" stuff is overblown, but it seemed pretty random for that to just get tacked onto the end of the article for no apparent reason.

Maybe I am desensitized, read it and just thought it was par for the course.. or just expect this BS.

I just read it, and it says all of the teams he played with. However, it was updated at 4:25pm, so maybe someone complained.

Maybe I am desensitized, read it and just thought it was par for the course.. or just expect this BS.

It might be that the Patriots are the most noteworthy team he played for. Kind of like so and so played for the Lakers (gag) even tho, the player may have played for other teams...........nah.

Before the Galloway signing I would have probably said, "Yeah, why not?" But I think we have other places to put that money now.

Heres the timeline we must all follow Dont Deviate!

1 INCIDENT OCCURS

2 YOU ARE ASSUMED GUILTY IN THE PUBLIC EYE

3 YOU VEHEMENTLY DENY CITING (ALL THE STORY IS NOT KNOWN YET)

4 ALL THE EVIDENCE PROVES YOU ARE IN FACT GUILTY AS HELL

5 YOU WALK

6 YOU SCORE A LOT OR HIT HOMERS OR WHATEVER

7 YOU ARE NOW A BELOVED ROLE MODEL AGAIN

It was at 7 in the morning so likely no substances involved... unless he just got out of a club

Yeah - not like he had anything to celebrate early into the morning about... aside from the fact that he wasn't cut and received a $5 million bonus on Friday.

I've got to say its a no brainer that with Stallworth due $11 million from the Pats in 2008 that he was going to be cut - and a real head scratcher that the Browns would give him the outrageous contract he did - but I never thought he'd be as much of a bust as he was, barely getting on the field for Cleveland and now this.

Last edited:

Heres the timeline we must all follow Dont Deviate!

1 INCIDENT OCCURS

2 YOU ARE ASSUMED GUILTY IN THE PUBLIC EYE

3 YOU VEHEMENTLY DENY CITING (ALL THE STORY IS NOT KNOWN YET)

4 ALL THE EVIDENCE PROVES YOU ARE IN FACT GUILTY AS HELL

5 YOU WALK

6 YOU SCORE A LOT OR HIT HOMERS OR WHATEVER

7 YOU ARE NOW A BELOVED ROLE MODEL AGAIN

Do you want to try making sense this time?

Re: Donte Stallworth may get cut today. Would you take him back?

You miss my point. My biting sarcasm on society. I was merely pointing out that in todays world if you are a celeb or athlete it works in this order 99% of the time.

Your "point" might be a little clearer if (1) the articles announcing the story called him a killer (they did not) or (2) you indicated that your were assuming the role of the media in making that statement (you did not). The well-established rules on which you appear to base your social commentary appear to reside solely in your head, so I understandably overlooked the premise for your sarcasm.

I am sure even you, with your biting sarcasm, can acknowledge that a celebrity involved in the death of another human being is probably characterized as newsworthy, whether the celebrity is culpable of wrongdoing or not.

I would not want to get hit by a Bentley..

Better a Bentley than a Yugo or Kia.

In all seriousness, it sucks and I hope Stallworth was not returning from a social engagement and this was just an accident. Even if he is found blameless, I am sure it will still suck for him at many levels.

What a horrible thing he lives with for the rest of his life whether he was at fault or not.

Wow. That's just inexcusable. I want no part of Stallworth now even if he does get cut.

Not going to wait and see if he was at fault first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes