PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donte' Stallworth may get cut today. Would you take him back?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you re-sign Stallworth?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Donte Stallworth may get cut today. Would you take him back?

Man I hate irresponsible athletes/celebs

Wow. That's craziness.

As one commenter at PFT said, "I bet the Browns wish they could have Friday back."

I guess we shouldn't condemn the guy until all the details come out.

Uhhh...killer and irresponsible? The article doesn't say anything other than he's being questioned by the police after "accidentally" driving into a pedestrian. It's horrible that someone died, but the details haven't been released yet. There has been more than once I've almost hit a pedestrian because they've run out in front of me and such like. Thankfully, I was able to avoid actually hitting them, and just barely a couple of those times. I'm pretty sure I'm not an almost-killer. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Donte Stallworth being held in Miami for fatal car accident: Pedestrian Killed

Not clear yet if he was the driver of the car but...

So much for bringing him back if he gets cut. :eek:

LINK

Last edited:
Wow. That's craziness.

As one commenter at PFT said, "I bet the Browns wish they could have Friday back."

I guess we shouldn't condemn the guy until all the details come out.
In a perfect world I would agree. But when an athlete is involved the facts always prove they are guilty and they always are forgiven and forgot. So hes guilty as hell in my eyes, you can forgive him later when we find out for sure hes guilty.

Uhhh...killer and irresponsible? The article doesn't say anything other than he's being questioned by the police after "accidentally" driving into a pedestrian. It's horrible that someone died, but the details haven't been released yet. There has been more than once I've almost hit a pedestrian because they've run out in front of me at night, and such like. Thankfully, I was able to avoid actually hitting them, and just barely a couple of those times. I'm pretty sure I'm not an almost-killer. :rolleyes:
yes hes being detained for the policemans ball how silly of me.

yes hes being detained for the policemans ball how silly of me.

It says he was questioned. Technically, you could call it being detained as they have to hold you a bit to question you. I was once the only witness to a fatal motorcycle accident, and guess what...the police "detained" me, too.

It says he was questioned. Technically, you could call it being detained as they have to hold you a bit to question you. I was once the only witness to a fatal motorcycle accident, and guess what...the police "detained" me, too.

You're arguing with a troll, Pam. Don't waste your time.

Oh, and welcome to the site.:)

You're arguing with a troll, Pam. Don't waste your time.

Yeah, I figured...beats cleaning the bathroom like I need to get doing. Well, on second thought... :D

Oh, and welcome to the site.:)

Thanks! Glad to be here. :)

Last edited:

Oh yes you did!

The fact is it's unlikel to find a WR3 who has had a very big past few years. If they did, they wouldn't be in the running to be a WR3.

Oh, Patjew: you are absolutely adorable, what with your use of logic and everything. You know there's no place for that here.

But seriously, are we signing Stallworth or what? :D

1.) Whether you like it or not, the Patriots lost the #3 receiver to the Broncos and the team needs to replace him. Many of us are hoping for someone besides Mr. Lewis to get the job.

2.) Whether you like it or not, this is the time of year where player movement is happening throughout the league, and players are brought in and out of team offices for interviews, physicals and negotiations.

Personally I think Lewis is going to be a lot more productive here than folks give him credit for - and that he has some all around skills that are as good if not better than Gaffney, though the stats won't show it (strangely, many players seem to do better when a certain Patriot QB is throwing to them.)

Then again, I also though that Chad Jackson was going to be a good WR.

The bottom line is that you don't bank on that. There's no reason not to bring in a bonifide #3 WR - Lewis is more like a #4 with great potential.

BTW . . . as a minor point, PFT is reporting that Stallworth is still a Brown, AND that the bonus he was due to receive is fully guaranteed, meaning he gets it even if he gets cut.

Way to jump in with both feet with a conclusion on few details. Not every driver who hits a pedestrian is tagged with vehicular homicide. The ESPN story points out it was 7 am, meaning Stallworth partied really hard or may not have partied at all. As no details have really been provided, you may want to demonstrate some restraint and realize police have to investigate all deaths but not every death is a result of the driver's negligence.

Way to jump in with both feet with a conclusion on few details. Not every driver who hits a pedestrian is tagged with vehicular homicide. The ESPN story points out it was 7 am, meaning Stallworth partied really hard or may not have partied at all. As no details have really been provided, you may want to demonstrate some restraint and realize police have to investigate all deaths but not every death is a result of the driver's negligence.
You miss my point. My biting sarcasm on society. I was merely pointing out that in todays world if you are a celeb or athlete it works in this order 99% of the time.

1 INCIDENT OCCURS

2 YOU ARE ASSUMED GUILTY IN THE PUBLIC EYE

3 YOU VEHEMENTLY DENY CITING (ALL THE STORY IS NOT KNOWN YET)

4 ALL THE EVIDENCE PROVES YOU ARE IN FACT GUILTY AS HELL

5 YOU WALK

6 YOU SCORE A LOT OR HIT HOMERS OR WHATEVER

7 YOU ARE NOW A BELOVED ROLE MODEL AGAIN

Last edited:
Can I take back my vote for Stallworth?

Between:

1. His team paying him the bonus and keeping him
2. His killing random pedestrians and
3. Us signing Galloway

This seems decidedly lest desirable than when the question was initially posed.

Bad news for Stallworth. Hope he is vindicated and can actually play this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes