PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does the bitter end to 2007 have to be redeemed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me just say that I have only recently been able to watch highlights from Super Bowl 42...

That can't be this team's last Super Bowl appearance for a while. We need to win one this year.

Yes.

We have to also redeem the end of the 06 season, and the end of the 08 season, and the end to the 05 season.....

they were all dissapointing in their own way...

one with the bad calls against denver

one with the meltdown agaisnt the colts

again with the 18-1

and finally with brady gone and no playoffs...

its time to redeem them all....its been 4 long years, and its time for our 4rth torphy....in SB 44

the way to get back is a strong running game and physical defense that attacks the football. i don't want to see the patriots do another 2007 where they air it out - that's for teams like dallas. that's what they do. patriot football is running the ball up the gut and taking time off the clock.

Last edited:
I feel spoiled as not only a Pats fan but a Boston sports fan in general.

What Schilling did with the Diamondbacks in 2001 gave me goosebumps and I secretly hoped one day he'd wear a Red Sox uniform. I'll never forget that 2004 season. Every start of his was like seeing your favorite band live. He'd walk off to standing ovation after standing ovation.

Ray Allen was always my favorite basketball player not named Paul Pierce...then you not only get him, but another hall of famer to bring home arguably the most unexpected (before the trades) championship in Boston history considering the way the Celtics had played in previous seasons.

Then the Patriots. I didn't buy into the Joe Montana/Tom Brady hype until his 3rd season. I had some personal issues in 2002 and was disinterested in watching sports in general, let alone the Pats, but tuned in for opening day 2003 when they got crushed against the Bills. I remember watching the Denver game...the intentional safety game, when Brady threw the game-winner to Givens, and thinking "We're lucky to have this guy."

Like someone else said, 2004 was "ok we're winning the Super Bowl, let's just enjoy the ride." I never doubted for a second, even when ESPN was hyping the Colts and Steelers in the playoffs, that we wouldn't win the trophy.

2005 was more of a Brady season than a Pats season. The team just flat-out wasn't that good. He carried them on his back to a 10 win season (would have been 11 if Belichick didn't have Cassel throw the 2-pt conversion away.) I was just happy they beat Jacksonville.

2006...I'll admit, I got greedy. I didn't expect them to beat the Chargers, but when they did, and how they did, I thought they were a team of destiny. The loss to the Colts (given that we would have crushed the Bears, we lost in comeback fashion to the Colts and Manning and Dungy of all people, and it allowed them to win their one and only ring) stung. I was depressed for a couple weeks, over the game and the fact that they won a Super Bowl.

2007...even when they came out flat in the first half of the Super Bowl, I said "this reminds me a lot of the Eagles Super Bowl. Belichick will outcoach Coughlin in the second half." I didn't have a good feeling, even with Eli being Eli, when there were still 2 minutes on the clock.

2008...I can't remember ever looking forward to any season so much, other than maybe the 2004 Red Sox. Then I remember Brady going down, going for a walk on the Cape Cod Canal after and like I typed in here last year feeling like I was dating Catherine Bell and she went into a coma and wouldn't be out for at least a year. I was spoiled, and I realized it.

I feel the same way most of you do...I feel the Pats need at least one more super bowl to really put the cherry on the top of the sundae that has been Patriots football in the early 21st century. It will cement that Brady is the one of the top 2 QBs of all time, if he isn't already, and will also allow a Brady/Montana debate for years to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes