PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Belichick see Corey Dillon part 2 in Fred Taylor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Does Belichick see Corey Dillion part 2 in Fred Taylor?

If I am not mistaken in 2004 wasn't Kevin Faulk second leading rusher but with only 250 yards or so behind Dillons 1,700? - Thats what I call a very light group of RB depth or talent (Faulk not included),Its lucky the team had Corey ready to have a career year or we would have never won that SB - Pass and Cobbs and Addullah we barely even knew ya - were not capable
Yes, in '04 Dillon ran for 1635 yards; after that it was Faulk with 255 and then Patrick Pass with 141; nobody else had more than 50 yards rushing that year. Dillon accounted for 77% of the Pats rushing yardage and 66% of the team's rushing attempts. Dillon had more rushing yardage and more rushing touchdowns than the collective totals of all the Pats opponents in those categories.

Re: Does Belichick see Corey Dillion part 2 in Fred Taylor?

Awesome youtube! Thx for posting that glm.... I love where he jukes Polamalu out of his shoes.

I hope to see that if we play them in the playoffs.

Not in the least bit. I very rarely am less than satisfied with a signing in the BB era, but I'm not feeling this much at all. Maybe for something close to the minimum like the Lamont Jordan deal last year but not for what Taylor's getting. Really hope I'm wrong though

Fred won't get to run the ball 23 times a game. He'll be lucky to get 14 a game. I'm sure he's in better shap then Dillon was in his last year, but believe me I'd take Dillon year #1 in Foxboro over whatever Fred is going to do this year.

Fred won't get to run the ball 23 times a game. He'll be lucky to get 14 a game. I'm sure he's in better shap then Dillon was in his last year, but believe me I'd take Dillon year #1 in Foxboro over whatever Fred is going to do this year.

What if he catches the ball off of another player and runs it 93 yards for a touchdown with 1 second left in the Super Bowl to secure a 19 - 0 season?

Dillon was a horse in Cinci and here (as has been noted, no help). Even though there was nobody else, he shouldn't have been asked to play in early 2005 with a high ankle sprain (the two bones in the leg separating at the ligaments). Playing on that effectively ended his career.

Taylor has always shared the load and not played through injuries. He will share again as Maroney is the main back.

Dillon was a horse in Cinci and here (as has been noted, no help). Even though there was nobody else, he shouldn't have been asked to play in early 2005 with a high ankle sprain (the two bones in the leg separating at the ligaments). Playing on that effectively ended his career.

Taylor has always shared the load and not played through injuries. He will share again as Maroney is the main back.

Many are saying that Taylor will be the starter if he is healthy and ready to go - I would not bet the house that Maroney is the main man this year - you may see Taylor as the featured back with Morris and Maroney splitting duties and Faulk in his ever present 3rd down role.

IMO For Maroney to win the main back in this very competitive RB roster he is going to have to stay injury free this offseason and work for it to earn it or get shuffled back to 2nd or 3rd string.

I think if Taylor is in top shape and stays away from injury he is capable of 20+ carries a game,He is still that good to do it IMO

Last edited:
Many are saying that Taylor will be the starter if he is healthy and ready to go - I would not bet the house that Maroney is the main man this year - you may see Taylor as the featured back with Morris and Maroney splitting duties and Faulk in his ever present 3rd down role.

IMO For Maroney to win the main back in this very competitive RB roster he is going to have to stay injury free this offseason and work for it to earn it or get shuffled back to 2nd or 3rd string.

I think if Taylor is in top shape and stays away from injury he is capable of 20+ carries a game,He is still that good to do it IMO

I watched an interview with Kevin Faulk last night/this morning. From that interview, I'd say that Maroney is still the #1 back.

They'll use the backs situationally as they see fit. I don't think BB spends a lot of time worrying about #1a and #2's.

Morris should end up as a situational blocker/receiver/RB as required unless someone gets hurt. I have no doubt Taylor will be schooling Maroney a bit, he's very talented and the upside to driving a 33 year old running back into the ground is what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST