PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does BB trust Josh McDaniels too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does BB trust McDaniel's too much?

Ummm... Both Stallworth and Gaffney were signed by the Patriots when McDaniels was here before leaving as a head coach. Kinda making a stretch there. The first time Gaffney played here, McDaniels was a first year OC and he was a second year OC when Stallworth. Hell Pioli was still here too.

Also, the only time Stallworth ever played for McDaniels was in a Patriots uniform. He never played for McDaniels in Denver or St. Louis. You are stretching things here.

Of all the guys you mentioned, the Pats only spent any capital on Amendola. Lloyd signed on the cheap and earned his money with a decent year for decent money. Salas, Larsen, and Hoomanawanui were bottom of the roster guys. Hoomanawanui only got significant playing time AFTER Hernandez went to jail, Fells and Ballard were cut because they were too injured to play, Sudfeld flamed out as a starter, and Gronk were injured. Hoomanawanui was the sixth or seventh option that was forced into action.

If McDaniels influences bottom of the roster guys, who cares? The only significant players you can say he influenced Belichick decision was Amendola and the jury is still out on him. All the other other guys were bottom of the roster guys who the Pats took fliers on.

Which was a worse signing? Adrian Wilson who was supposed to get significant playing time and couldn't make it out of camp. Or Hoomanawanui who was supposed to be a bottom of the roster development player as a third or fourth TE and was thrust into the starting role due to circumstances that couldn't have been imagined? Yet, we are making a big deal about a guy who actually produced this year rather than the biggest named free agent the Pats added who flamed out.

Oh man this is one those times when your need to defend a coach or player as if you and them are having 1 milkshake with 2 straws as you type has overwhelmed your comprehension skills. I never said that there was anything wrong with any signing or with Josh having input, I said those who suggest he doesn't have input are delusional.

Tell Josh I said hello...

Oh man this is one those times when your need to defend a coach or player as if you and them are having 1 milkshake with 2 straws as you type has overwhelmed your comprehension skills. I never said that there was anything wrong with any signing or with Josh having input, I said those who suggest he doesn't have input are delusional.

Umm.. I have already said that Josh had influence just like every other coach on the team. Hell, if it wasn't for **** Rebein who was a QBs coach in the 2000 season who worked out Tom Brady, the Pats might have drafted Tim Rattay instead who the Pats were debate on which of the two to draft. Belichick sends his position coaches out all the time to work out players and ask them for their input for drafting.

I am just stating your argument is wrong.

You are arguing because both Gaffney and Stallworth played for McDaniels in Patriots uniforms., Belichick all the sudden had amnesia and forgot they had them on their his team in 2006 and 2007 and the signed them in the offseason of 2012 season based on McDaniels' advice. Even though Stallworth never played for McDaniels anywhere else other than here. And that is proof that McDaniels is influencing the roster.

Please explain to me how McDaniels was the reason why Gaffney and Stallworth were signed here either time they signed. Or that he had any influence on the decision. He might have, but we have no proof.

Whatever trust Bill Belichick puts into Mr. McDaniels is well deserved. Mr. McDaniels knows how to pick good players, coach players, and he runs a good offense. I wish Mr. McDaniels nothing but the best.:)

Umm.. I have already said that Josh had influence just like every other coach on the team. Hell, if it wasn't for **** Rebein who was a QBs coach in the 2000 season who worked out Tom Brady, the Pats might have drafted Tim Rattay instead who the Pats were debate on which of the two to draft. Belichick sends his position coaches out all the time to work out players and ask them for their input for drafting.

I am just stating your argument is wrong.

You are arguing because both Gaffney and Stallworth played for McDaniels in Patriots uniforms., Belichick all the sudden had amnesia and forgot they had them on their his team in 2006 and 2007 and the signed them in the offseason of 2012 season based on McDaniels' advice. Even though Stallworth never played for McDaniels anywhere else other than here. And that is proof that McDaniels is influencing the roster.

Please explain to me how McDaniels was the reason why Gaffney and Stallworth were signed here either time they signed. Or that he had any influence on the decision. He might have, but we have no proof.

Huh? You're confusing me I said McDaniels likes to bring back players he has coached previously, Stallworth and Gaffney fit that criteria. Gaffney played for him here and in Denver and Stallworth may have as well but he was busy with that whole manslaughter DUI charge around that time.

What am I explaining? You said he has input I said he has input. I don't even know WTF you're arguing about here. Why don't you read my posts in this thread (all of them) and then respond.

Whatever trust Bill Belichick puts into Mr. McDaniels is well deserved. Mr. McDaniels knows how to pick good players, coach players, and he runs a good offense. I wish Mr. McDaniels nothing but the best.:)

Any word on a futures contact for Tebow? I want him here as a flex tight end.

Any word on a futures contact for Tebow? I want him here as a flex tight end.

As of today, there has been no word on a future football contract for Tim. However, he has been working out consistently at USC and a few other places in between his work as an ESPN analyst. Nonetheless, I would love to see him as a tight end or anything in the football arena. We'll have to wait and see.

Huh? You're confusing me I said McDaniels likes to bring back players he has coached previously, Stallworth and Gaffney fit that criteria. Gaffney played for him here and in Denver and Stallworth may have as well but he was busy with that whole manslaughter DUI charge around that time.

What am I explaining? You said he has input I said he has input. I don't even know WTF you're arguing about here. Why don't you read my posts in this thread (all of them) and then respond.

Every coach brings players with them when they take a head coaching job. Belichick brought Phifer, Otis Smith, Bobby Hamilton, and others from the Jets. Rex Ryan brought Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard from the Ravens. Mangini took Matt Chatham with him when he went to the Jets. That is how the NFL works.

That still doesn't have any proof of him influencing Gaffney or Stallworth re-signing here. And Stallworth didn't even follow him to Denver and he was a free agent in 2011 after he was re-instated.

BTW, Belichick also brings back players that he has coached in the past. He brought back Deion Branch in 2010 when McDaniels was still the head coach in Denver. He brought back Tully Banta Cain in 2009 after he spent two seasons with the 49ers. He brought back Chad Brown in 2007 after he spent a year in Pittsburgh. I already talked about the former Jets and Browns players who ended up playing here in 2000 and 2001.

What you are saying about McDaniels is very common among most coaches and even Belichick has been known to do it. You have no idea if Belichick decided to bring back Gaffney and Stallworth, McDaniels wanted them, or it was both coaches who thought it was a great idea.

Every coach brings players with them when they take a head coaching job. Belichick brought Phifer, Otis Smith, Bobby Hamilton, and others from the Jets. Rex Ryan brought Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard from the Ravens. Mangini took Matt Chatham with him when he went to the Jets. That is how the NFL works.

That still doesn't have any proof of him influencing Gaffney or Stallworth re-signing here. And Stallworth didn't even follow him to Denver and he was a free agent in 2011 after he was re-instated.

BTW, Belichick also brings back players that he has coached in the past. He brought back Deion Branch in 2010 when McDaniels was still the head coach in Denver. He brought back Tully Banta Cain in 2009 after he spent two seasons with the 49ers. He brought back Chad Brown in 2007 after he spent a year in Pittsburgh. I already talked about the former Jets and Browns players who ended up playing here in 2000 and 2001.

What you are saying about McDaniels is very common among most coaches and even Belichick has been known to do it. You have no idea if Belichick decided to bring back Gaffney and Stallworth, McDaniels wanted them, or it was both coaches who thought it was a great idea.

McDaniels does it excessively whether you want to accept that is not really up to me, but I don’t really have any interest in fighting over something so petty. McDaniels likes his people, that is a flaw in his coaching style that has hurt him in my opinion, as I said if he was flawless he would be coaching his own team right now so he is still here with Belichick for a reason to develop himself as a coach.

Why do you always insist defending every player and coach as if they’re immortals and incapable of making a mistake or having a flaw? It is really hard to find what you say creditable when you never see any error or flaw. I am not trying to be a jerk either because I like a lot of what you say in here and I think you overlook how your lack of objectivity portrays you to others.

McDaniels does it excessively whether you want to accept that is not really up to me, but I don’t really have any interest in fighting over something so petty. McDaniels likes his people, that is a flaw in his coaching style that has hurt him in my opinion, as I said if he was flawless he would be coaching his own team right now so he is still here with Belichick for a reason to develop himself as a coach.

Why do you always insist defending every player and coach as if they’re immortals and incapable of making a mistake or having a flaw? It is really hard to find what you say creditable when you never see any error or flaw. I am not trying to be a jerk either because I like a lot of what you say in here and I think you overlook how your lack of objectivity portrays you to others.

McDaniels does it no more or less than anyone else. You are making things up now. You can pin about five players to him (Lloyd, Amendola, Hooman, Salas, and Larsen). Only Lloyd and Amendola were brought in for significant roles. Saying Gaffney and Stallworth are in this group are just red herrings to bolster your point and have no facts to back it up. I give you credit that you didn't bring up Fells who people mostly credit to him even though he never played for McDaniels prior to coming to the Pats.

I never said that McDaniels or any other coach or players is incapable of making flaws. I thought McDaniels called a bad game in the AFCCG.

I just think it is stupid for people to make it like McDaniels is calling the shots on offensive personnel. Which whether you want to admit it or not is what you are implying. Belichick is his own man. If he didn't think a guy like Amendola was going to be a solid player in this offense, nothing McDaniels could have said would have convinced him to sign him. McDaniels' opinion may matter to Belichick, but Belichick is not a person who is willing to give over personnel decisions to one of his coordinators.

I am fine with my credibility thank you. Maybe you should be worried about your credibility because many people are fed up with you and putting you on their ignore list because they are tired of you. If you think I have no credibility, I kinda wear that as a badge of honor. And you shouldn't be someone who should be judging someone's lack of objectivity with your constant rants in the Amendola threads.

Go ahead and disregard my opinion. I don't care. It will get you lots of cred with the trolls on this board.

McDaniels does it excessively whether you want to accept that is not really up to me,

Excessively compared to who?

Patriots other coaches?
Other NFL coaches?

Excessively compared to who?

Patriots other coaches?
Other NFL coaches?

Yeah, that is my question too. It is pretty standard operational practice for head coaches and coordinators to take players who they are familiar with and know their system when they become available. And McDaniels didn't really take a lot of Patriots with him to Denver or a lot of Broncos with him to St. Louis.

Even hear, most of the former Rams and Broncos who were added were guys not expected to get much or any playing time and were brought in for more developmental purposes.

Hell, even Peyton Manning has had input on bringing guys he used to play with with Brandon Stokely and Jacob Tamme following him to Denver.

Of course he has input. But the final decision to sign or not to sign a player comes down to Belichick. Not his offensive or defensive coordinator. Are people going to start blaming Matt Patricia for drafting Bequette? How about Tavon Wilson? Of course not.

I will go you one better and wager a Weis led offense would have not lost the last 2 SB's we were in.

The Offense put the team in position to win both times and the defense couldn't hold. Man, some people have selective memory.

Of course he has input. But the final decision to sign or not to sign a player comes down to Belichick. Not his offensive or defensive coordinator. Are people going to start blaming Matt Patricia for drafting Bequette? How about Tavon Wilson? Of course not.

Exactly.

It was funny this summer that people blamed Tebow on McDaniels because McDaniels drafted him in the first round and wanted to prove he was right. Yet they forget that Belichick was high on the guy when he was a recruit. High enough to bring him in for a visit.

I seriously doubt Belichick would allow a player on the roster just so McDaniels could prove that he was right or try to save face. Obviously, Belichick also felt that Tebow might have a chance to be decent player if used correctly or he never would have wasted so much time in the preseason on a QB that he knew was useless and had no shot to provide any value to the team just to appease McDaniels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes