PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dobson released by Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was on the Jets?

I thought he was on the Jets?

They tried him out shortly after pats cut him (likely just to try and get playbook info as they didn't bite or Dobson has more sense than to sign w them) I never heard/missed that he signed with lions as well. Sad I thought he was worth the draft risk-that he could become the real deal, but inopportune injuries, maybe not 100% effort, and likely not so football smart 2/3 you can't fix.

That was Kenbrell Thompkins. But he's a FA now.

See above, jesters did give Dobson a workout.

Mitchell >>>Dobson
Need to see how the kid develops but no question the coaching staff loves him.

Still have no idea how that elbow stayed attached....

Need to see how the kid develops but no question the coaching staff loves him.

Still have no idea how that elbow stayed attached....

Same, re ElbowGross. I am usually cautious bragging new players - my "Mitchell over Dobson" had more to do with the latter than the rookie.

Not sure why anyone would want to play for the Lions unless they needed money. But on the other hand the Lions have 4 or 5 receivers better than Dobson.

BTW Ryan has shut down Hopkins both times they've played.
Not taking anything away from Logan Ryan because he did a great job. True that Hopkins didn't do much statistically in that game, but the plays that he did make looked really impressive. His talent is just wasting away in Texas.

And to think Marvin Jones almost signed with the patriots. Could have excelled as our tall deep threat. He's killing it in Detroit

Dobson's availability could always be an advantage down the road. The Patriots are only carrying four WR's and all have shown some injury history. Their top option on the practice squad, Devin Street, was just signed by the Colts, after the Patriots reportedly offered to increase his salary to keep him. Dobson had a pretty good camp, and knows the offense. If hit by injuries, Dobson could be one of several options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back