PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dobson released by Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man in a draft where we were really looking for WRs, we screwed up. Two high picks spent on players who both don't have NFL jobs 3 years later. We could have traded up two spots for deandre Hopkins in the first or settled for fragile Keenan Allen in the second.

Hope Dobson doesn't mind his milk in bags lol

baggedmilk.jpg

Someone was talking about Colts missing another wr ? :confused:

Nooooooooooooooooo. Why Bob WHY! :confused:

Man in a draft where we were really looking for WRs, we screwed up. Two high picks spent on players who both don't have NFL jobs 3 years later. We could have traded up two spots for deandre Hopkins in the first or settled for fragile Keenan Allen in the second.

Who cares.

In that draft they got, Collins, Ryan, Harmon and then a year later won a SB.

And no it wasn't simple as moving up 2 spots to get Hopkins. 2 spots would have been Houston who wanted him. Would have meant having to go up higher which you have zero idea if Green Bay would have traded and there was no way Minnesota would have traded as they were the ones that traded with the Pats to move back into the 1st round and the dolts would have never traded with Belichick and the Falcons wanted Trufant. So it would have meant going up 8 or 9 spots and trading with the Bears or Bengals and that likely would have cost the Pats 1st and a 2nd and not a 3rd, which would have likely meant no Collins

BTW Ryan has shut down Hopkins both times they've played.

Last edited:
Ryan has shut down Hopkins both times they've played.

I've been pondering the possibility of keeping Ryan lately, despite the overwhelming majority who feel like he's a goner at the end of the year.

How do you feel about the idea of keeping him around and what kind of deal would you view as reasonable? Just curious to hear the opinion of someone who seems to value him more than most.

Hope Dobson doesn't mind his milk in bags lol

baggedmilk.jpg

I don't know if most of our non-Canadian posters will get this reference, but as a one-time resident of Canada, I appreciated it.

Adam Seward board.

I don't know if most of our non-Canadian posters will get this reference, but as a one-time resident of Canada, I appreciated it.

I don't get it.

I don't get it.

They sell milk in bags in Canada, so Dobson might want to get used to that if he wants to play...i.e. his best chance right now is the CFL.

They sell milk in bags in Canada, so Dobson might want to get used to that if he wants to play...i.e. his best chance right now is the CFL.

Thanks man.

Would have Could have and Should have

I'm sorry he got cut and even more sorry he didn't make it here. He certainly had the potential, but lacked intensity in his play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes