PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dobson finds his mojo… Bolden shows all-purpose value… C. Jones rising to the top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Dobson's mojo:

• Dobson was outstanding this week; he was targeted 10 times for 7 receptions and 52 yards and multiple key first downs. Of the 3 targets he did not catch I would say 2 of them were on Brady more than him. I know there were concerns about Dobson in the preseason but in his reps with Brady he was solid, and he did struggle in his first game but that could have been rookie nerves combined with playing in a hail storm. Dobson is the player that can make the biggest impact of all the rookies on offense, I know many have fallen under the Thompkins spell but although I consider Thompkins to be a nice player especially for an UDFA he cannot be the difference maker and playmaker that Dobson can be in my opinion.

Bolden’s return:

• Bolden’s return this week was huge, this offense is a different animal with a back that is capable of running and receiving, Bolden gave us that today, he had 3 rushes for 51 yards and 5 receptions for 59 yards. A 100 all-purpose yards on 8 touches is huge, this is one reason I laughed at those who considered Bolden a bubble player in the preseason, this kid is just scratching the surface; I look forward to seeing what he can do with Vereen out.

C. Jones rising:

• Jones has been spectacular this season, watching him toggle between 34 DE (5 technique), 43 DE (6, 7 and 9 technique) and 43 DT (3 technique) on every series is really something special to watch, he is quickly rising up to be the type of all-purpose outside/inside threat like a JJ Watt, it is clear Belichick had a vision when he drafted C. Jones and watching it cultivate is something I am really enjoying.

Dobson finds his mojo… Bolden shows all-purpose value… C. Jones rising to the...

Agree. Brady and the rookies getting more comfortable will equal better throws IMO. I think they aren completely confident but close.

Re: Dobson finds his mojo… Bolden shows all-purpose value… C. Jones rising to the...

Dobson taking baby steps. By December he should be tearing it up

Dobson's mojo:

• Dobson was outstanding this week; he was targeted 10 times for 7 receptions and 52 yards and multiple key first downs. Of the 3 targets he did not catch I would say 2 of them were on Brady more than him. I know there were concerns about Dobson in the preseason but in his reps with Brady he was solid, and he did struggle in his first game but that could have been rookie nerves combined with playing in a hail storm. Dobson is the player that can make the biggest impact of all the rookies on offense, I know many have fallen under the Thompkins spell but although I consider Thompkins to be a nice player especially for an UDFA he cannot be the difference maker and playmaker that Dobson can be in my opinion.

Bolden’s return:

• Bolden’s return this week was huge, this offense is a different animal with a back that is capable of running and receiving, Bolden gave us that today, he had 3 rushes for 51 yards and 5 receptions for 59 yards. A 100 all-purpose yards on 8 touches is huge, this is one reason I laughed at those who considered Bolden a bubble player in the preseason, this kid is just scratching the surface; I look forward to seeing what he can do with Vereen out.

C. Jones rising:

• Jones has been spectacular this season, watching him toggle between 34 DE (5 technique), 43 DE (6, 7 and 9 technique) and 43 DT (3 technique) on every series is really something special to watch, he is quickly rising up to be the type of all-purpose outside/inside threat like a JJ Watt, it is clear Belichick had a vision when he drafted C. Jones and watching it cultivate is something I am really enjoying.
Can't put C Jones in the same sentence as JJ Watt. Let's see him have a couple of Pro Bowl seasons before we compare him to Watt.

I agree about Bolden, nice to see him play the role of Vereen until he comes back. Gives the Pats yet another trusted weapon for Brady, and hopefully we'll see Gronk next week too.

Dobson finds his mojo… Bolden shows all-purpose value… C. Jones rising to the...

Very much agree with Bolden. He's so useful.

Re: Dobson finds his mojo… Bolden shows all-purpose value… C. Jones rising to the...

Refs gotta start respecting C. jones, the kid gets at least 284732847248 holds a game.

Of the 3 targets he did not catch I would say 2 of them were on Brady more than him.

It's so hard to know. There was one in the endzone where I think Brady expected Dobson to cut the route in more sharply. But at first glance it just looks like a short throw by Brady.

Point is, I have no ******* clue who should have done what on a play so it's hard to assign blame.

This would be a five-star thread if Ninko was mentioned. That guy has put together a wonderful three games. He played extremely well again today in multiple assignments.

Watching Dobson with his size come across the middle of the field on a few of those catches was really refreshing to see. I'm so used to our 5'10" and under WRs running those routes.

Refs gotta start respecting C. jones, the kid gets at least 284732847248 holds a game.

Jones is held on almost every single play. I don't understand at all why they never get called for it.

Can't put C Jones in the same sentence as JJ Watt. Let's see him have a couple of Pro Bowl seasons before we compare him to Watt.

People seem to forget that Watt, while a beast and easily the best defender in the NFL last year, is in just his third year. He hasn't "had a couple pro bowl seasons" yet either. So while I agree that jones is not in watt category yet, try to remember that watt wasn't in watt category this time last year either. I am excited to see just how good jones can be and if he can keep up this production for an entire year. He came out like the best pick in the draft last year too.

Re: Re: Dobson finds his mojo… Bolden shows all-purpose value… C. Jones rising to the

I hear you buddy! I was speaking more toward player style, the ability to play basically every role except nose tackle in either a 43 or a 34 front.

Re: Re: Dobson finds his mojo… Bolden shows all-purpose value… C. Jones rising to the

This would be a five-star thread if Ninko was mentioned. That guy has put together a wonderful three games. He played extremely well again today in multiple assignments.

I'm with you man, I was just thinking my mentioning him in a thread wouldn't rank on a day he received a $15 mil contract :)

Re: Dobson finds his mojo… Bolden shows all-purpose value… C. Jones rising to the

I'm with you man, I was just thinking my mentioning him in a thread wouldn't rank on a day he received a $15 mil contract :)

Touche, Brady6.lol

Ninkovich is one of my favorite players> i love his story....he had to work to make it on this team or any team and he has done so well. LOVE him.

Dobson has Terrell Owens type potential. He'll be a beast, it's only a matter of time

Big Dobs looked like he belonged in the NFL today.

Bolden will be a good replacement for Vereen for the time being. His hands are so underrated.

CJ is an animal. Simple as that. He's on the verge of having a special season. I see 12+ sacks and a lot of hurried throws as long as he stays healthy.

Bolden will be a good replacement for Vereen for the time being. His hands are so underrated. .

He did seem to drop one pass coming across the middle that a smurf slot receiver would likely have caught.

Dobson has Terrell Owens type potential. He'll be a beast, it's only a matter of time

I cannot wait till Dobson is doing sit-ups in the parking lot.

Personally I liken Dobson to a poor man’s A.J. Green:

Aaron Dobson
Height: 6’3
Weight: 210
40 Yrd Dash: 4.37
20 Yrd Dash: 2.60
10 Yrd Dash: 1.51
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 16
Vertical Jump: 35
Broad Jump: 10'01"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.33
3-Cone Drill: 7.19

A.J. Green
Height: 6’4
Weight: 211
40 Yrd Dash: 4.48
20 Yrd Dash: 2.53
10 Yrd Dash: 1.55
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 18
Vertical Jump: 34 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.21
3-Cone Drill: 6.91

Green offers more high end explosiveness and playmaking ability of course, but if Dobson certainly offers similar physical attributes. The kids future is bright, his not being able to compete in the combine together with him being hidden away at Marshall dropped his stock to the second round, the kid has first round talent without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents