PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you want the Patriots to win or lose versus Giants?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want the Patriots to win or lose against the Giants?

• Win

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 60 58.8%
  • Who cares

Votes: 13 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lose, spectacularly.
Can you define that? Do you mean 60-0 or 24-23 on a late fumble, INT or missed FG in the red zone? In either case they're a loser but I need some clarity. If we have to suffer with another loss and it's a spectacular one I hope it's one that exposes Bill even more.

HELL NO! BILL MUST GO!
HELL NO! BILL MUST GO!
HELL NO! BILL MUST GO!

Pats will probably win by 30 behind 300yds and 3TDs from Mac and all the delusional homers will think playoffs are back on the menu, when in reality, we just destroyed our draft positioning.

Not sure why this is a surprise. The majority of early QB picks bust. It's not even close. Look at our division: the Jets, Bills & Phins drafted QBs high for many decades.

Here's the list of QBs these teams have gone through since Marino, Kelly and Pennington (heck, if you skip Chad & go to O'Brien they drafted a bunch of other losers before Pennington as well, like Browning Nagle).

1st rounders: Tannehill, Bledsoe (1st rd trade), Rob Johnson (1st rd trade), Manuel, Losman, Zach Wilson, Darnold, Sanchez
2nd rounders: Pat White, Henne, Beck, Culpepper (2nd rd trade), Trent Edwards, Todd Collins, Geno Smith

15 picks of QBs in the first 2 rounds by our rivals in the division: all 15 were wasted picks.
And the Pats have less wasted picks because they didn't pick many QBs.

My wish for this team is to see them win as many games as possible and get away from the bottom feeders.

They can decide on the next QB after the season. It doesn't look like they have one now but may have the money to get one for next year.

I'm personally becoming less obsessed about Williams/Maye/Harrison. There are some decent QBs down the list i.e. Nix, Daniels etc. Heck we can even look into next year with someone like Milroe from Alabama (think Hurts but better - in my view). Let's just go out and win some games. Losing is for losers.
Sorry to pick at nits, but losing on purpose to get a better draft pick is also cheating. Then the Pats can be called cheaters and losers. Whoopee.

And the Pats have less wasted picks because they didn't pick many QBs.

My wish for this team is to see them win as many games as possible and get away from the bottom feeders.

They can decide on the next QB after the season. It doesn't look like they have one now but may have the money to get one for next year.

Absolutely. Wanting the team to lose for draft position can end up a lose-lose proposition. Assuming they lose at least 11 games they still could be in position to draft a franchise offensive tackle. Build the rest of the offense first, then plug in a quarterback.

I have posted this before.

it is difficult to say I want my team to lose but if a loss means it benefits the team in the end then I vote they lose.

Pats will probably win by 30 behind 300yds and 3TDs from Mac and all the delusional homers will think playoffs are back on the menu, when in reality, we just destroyed our draft positioning.
Who cares about draft positioning? That's for the cheaters and losers.
I want to see my team win, especially against the New York F**kin Giants but also against anyone else.
It was brutal to lose to Indy this year and I don't give a flying f**k if it gives the team a different lottery pick. It was f**kin horrible to lose to that team after the sh!t they've pulled.
And what Pats fan in their right mind likes losing to any of the AFCE teams, for any reason?
Ditto for Baltimore and Pissburgh.

For years now I've been told here that I'm not a real fan because I continued to root for Brady (as well as the Pats as I have since 1960) even though he moved on to TB. And now there are fans here who think they're real fans and can root for the Pats to lose, even to KC later in the year? What are they going to do then if their at the game, cheer for KC when they score? That's laughable. No, I mean really laughable. Sad but laughable.

I'll be dancing in the street jumping for joy if the Pats do indeed win by 30 with a big game from Mac. The team would be winners again.

I want to see a well played game by the Patriots in all three phases, at this stage do not care if they win or lose, just want to seen football competence and competitiveness for 4 quarters..

Absolutely. Wanting the team to lose for draft position can end up a lose-lose proposition. Assuming they lose at least 11 games they still could be in position to draft a franchise offensive tackle. Build the rest of the offense first, then plug in a quarterback.
There's also the fact that draft picks are only a little better than lottery choices. Isn't there a recent example of a team winning at the end of the year and dropping down to their 2nd choice at QB and having him turn out to be a better pick than their 1st choice? It may be Stroud but I'm not sure. I don't really follow the draft but I think that happens all the time. Dan Marino and Tom Brady were both well down the list of QBs taken.

I want to see a well played game by the Patriots in all three phases, at this stage do not care if they win or lose, just want to seen football competence and competitiveness for 4 quarters..
I can't agree more. The offense is so bad that we haven't talked much about the poor STs play. Thankfully the STs aren't as much of a factor as before. The defense has been fine in spite of the injuries.

I understand losing and it helps deal with a loss, but I can't actively root for it to happen. Also, I can tolerate winning ugly but not losing in embarrassing fashion. I need to be entertained and not feel shame.

The Giants think they can purposely fumble this game away but have no idea it is going to take everything they got to lose lol.

edit:wrong thread lol

I understand losing and it helps deal with a loss, but I can't actively root for it to happen. Also, I can tolerate winning ugly but not losing in embarrassing fashion. I need to be entertained and not feel shame.
Looks like neither team wants to win this game so far.

58% of you bastards got your wish. Lol

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back