OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Win or lose the last 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whoever is running the show should trade down for at least two high picks. Too many needs.

The question is how high? In my opinion, it would be a mistake to trade out of the top 10 they end up with picks 2, 3 or 4 (ie. the picks that other teams will most covet). I personally think that Daniels or Penix may end up being the best quarterback in the draft, so I wouldn’t be afraid to trade out of 2. I am also not married to MHJ, because there are 2 to 3 other wide receivers who are now nipping at his heels to be the best prospect in the draft.

What they shouldn’t do, however, is trade too far down in the first round while stockpiling picks, because they run the risk of missing out on all of the true blue chip players in this years class. We also have to wait to see how many needs they are able to fill in free agency and via trade before the draft.

they may keep bill as coach, take more GM duties away from him and sell it to fans that they are preparing for a "transition" "succession planning"

wouldn't be surprised if McDaniels is back next year with Obrien out. with Josh being paid by the raiders its almost a guarantee. and i wouldn't honestly hate it. McDaniels got production out of both cam newton and mac jones.

MacDaniels is a very good OC, and a very bad HC.

The question is how high? In my opinion, it would be a mistake to trade out of the top 10 they end up with picks 2, 3 or 4 (ie. the picks that other teams will most covet). I personally think that Daniels or Penix may end up being the best quarterback in the draft, so I wouldn’t be afraid to trade out of 2. I am also not married to MHJ, because there are 2 to 3 other wide receivers who are now nipping at his heels to be the best prospect in the draft.

What they shouldn’t do, however, is trade too far down in the first round while stockpiling picks, because they run the risk of missing out on all of the true blue chip players in this years class. We also have to wait to see how many needs they are able to fill in free agency and via trade before the draft.

If they can’t get a top 3 QB then Penix is my next choice. And it’s still early in the process, he could easily rise to a high 1st rounder.

LOL, just because I voted to win the games in a meaningless poll doesn't mean that I don't value high draft choices. The team will have a great opportunity regardless. We agree that QB is a clear need this year, I hope the team uses the top 10 pick on a QB if they like the player. I just don't think it makes sense drafting QB's in the first round multiple years in a row. In any event I will watch the game hoping that the team plays well and wins because it is the Jets.

You just don't like the fact that I don't like the idea, I explained why. At this point I think that we have fully shared our respective views, no need to continue to beat a dead horse.

I don’t have any problem with you not liking the idea, what I disagree with is you saying it can’t be done, and that you have to wait 3-4 years to evaluate each QB. I think they should load up at the position and let them fight it out, Although I don’t think it will happen I would be fine with them taking one of the top 3 QB’s with their first pick, and Penix if he dropped into the 2nd round. I just want the position fixed with a franchise QB, and I would use all available assets to fix it.

I think the worst they can do, if L.A.C., Tennessee, Washington, and Arizona all lose, and the Patriots win is 6th. And that doesn’t figure SOS in?

I think the worst they can do, if L.A.C., Tennessee, Washington, and Arizona all lose, and the Patriots win is 6th. And that doesn’t figure SOS in?
They should still lose. I'm pretty sure if they lose they end up locked in at the top 3. If you get 6 there is a very good chance you have LAC, the Bears, and Arizona all in the market to trade down for someone looking for QB. And all of a sudden our high pick becomes a liability because we still would need to give up a lot of assets to get what we want. Better off just guaranteeing yourself one of the 3 QB's or MJH and having a say.

I don’t have any problem with you not liking the idea, what I disagree with is you saying it can’t be done, and that you have to wait 3-4 years to evaluate each QB. I think they should load up at the position and let them fight it out, Although I don’t think it will happen I would be fine with them taking one of the top 3 QB’s with their first pick, and Penix if he dropped into the 2nd round. I just want the position fixed with a franchise QB, and I would use all available assets to fix it.
It’s unrealistic. You can’t develop QBs by splitting time. Fighting it out in practice is a joke.

It depends upon how much they get. The picks/players in addition to this years 1 is very different if this years 1 is #5 or #12.

They should still lose. I'm pretty sure if they lose they end up locked in at the top 3. If you get 6 there is a very good chance you have LAC, the Bears, and Arizona all in the market to trade down for someone looking for QB. And all of a sudden our high pick becomes a liability because we still would need to give up a lot of assets to get what we want. Better off just guaranteeing yourself one of the 3 QB's or MJH and having a say.

Yep. I think a loss gives them a top 3 pick. If this is Belichick’s last game the idea of losing it really sucks, but as he always says, “ whatever is best for the team.” Or in this case, the franchise.

All things being equal, and in the best interest's of a rebuild, I'll be satisfied with a loss to the Jets. I want us to be picking as high as possible in each round that we have our regular assigned picks (hopefully no lower than 3rd overall).

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back