Replies:
Asking for your support

Win or lose the last 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ivan

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Would you rather see the Patriots win the last 2 games, and finish on a win streak. Or lose the last 2 games and get a higher Draft pick?

Bro, this is unforgivable. You are not some noob around here.
ray thank GIF

Win

The Pats just drafted a 1st round QB in 2001 and then wasted 3 seasons to see if he could play in the NFL. The Browns and Jets have been drafting high round QBs for years and both finally bought Vets to fill the position.

Win both in a rout. Especially the last one. I will not cheer for BB to lose what might be his last game in NE.
I am all in an a Jete blowout. Couple of defensive scores and a punt return for TD.

There's a great deal of conjecture about QB ratings that history has shown us isn't at all reliable. The odds on any of the (two, three, four?) highest rated QB's actually becoming NFL stars are pretty small, and the odds on the Pats being in a position to get one of them is small, and the odds that they'd get the one of the batch that is going to be a star is small.

They've got a handful of very good young players on both sides of the ball, and the defense is building some pride and attitude that is perhaps the team's biggest asset at this point. So I'm for building on that asset with wins, rather than playing roulette with the draft.

Plus, anyone who thinks the Patriots' coaching staff is actually going to purposely lose a game is just not paying attention.

There's a great deal of conjecture about QB ratings that history has shown us isn't at all reliable. The odds on any of the (two, three, four?) highest rated QB's actually becoming NFL stars are pretty small, and the odds on the Pats being in a position to get one of them is small, and the odds that they'd get the one of the batch that is going to be a star is small.

They've got a handful of very good young players on both sides of the ball, and the defense is building some pride and attitude that is perhaps the team's biggest asset at this point. So I'm for building on that asset with wins, rather than playing roulette with the draft.

Plus, anyone who thinks the Patriots' coaching staff is actually going to purposely lose a game is just not paying attention.

Who said anything about the team trying to lose? This is simply a question of what fans want. The team is going to try to win both games I have no doubt about that. But I think they will split them.

BB's lost games on purpose for playoff seeding. Why not for draft position? He's the reason the roster's a mess.

I don’t think any coach ever coaches to lose, it would cost them all credibility I. Asking players to give their all, and then tell them to lose. I think having Brady throw the ball into the stands was the rare exception, because it was one play, and the team could see the advantage they gained by choosing their playoff opponent. I also think it would just go against every instinct he has. Hell, I’m a fan and I stopped watching the games because I want the higher pick, but when I watch them I can’t help but to root for them to succeed. It’s just inherent to me. But I really want QB fixed, and believe that’s the best route to fixing it.

A bit conflicted on this, losing means better drafting positioning, but in our latest drafting history, a better position may not mean anything, and winning against the Bills means a worse seeding posting for them in the postseason, and as I bleed red, white blue, i would never root for the jest to win, never eva

The difference in draft position between finishing 4-13, 5-12 or 6-11 will be negligible, with 5-12 the likely outcome. Beyond that it all hinges on how other teams fare. Rooting for the likes of Carolina, Arizona and Washington to win improving New England's draft position is fine. Rooting for Patriots losses is unconscionably bad mojo. Messing with the football gods is known to earn first-round busts, so beware what you wish for.

image.jpg

Win both in a rout. Especially the last one. I will not cheer for BB to lose what might be his last game in NE.
That is exactly what I'm thinking. Win for Bill. Even though I know it changes nothing for what's imminent. If you think about something.. when Bill took over as HC the pillars of the team were primarily on defense.. with his tenure likely ending.. the pillars on the team are primarily all on defense.. just something I thought about...

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back