PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you want the Patriots to win or lose versus Giants?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want the Patriots to win or lose against the Giants?

• Win

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 60 58.8%
  • Who cares

Votes: 13 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
None of us as fans could've ever envisioned having 2 decades of success. I don't even think ownership envisioned it. What I didn't forsee personally is having to be a lottery team after drafting a QB.
Not sure why this is a surprise. The majority of early QB picks bust. It's not even close. Look at our division: the Jets, Bills & Phins drafted QBs high for many decades.

Here's the list of QBs these teams have gone through since Marino, Kelly and Pennington (heck, if you skip Chad & go to O'Brien they drafted a bunch of other losers before Pennington as well, like Browning Nagle).

1st rounders: Tannehill, Bledsoe (1st rd trade), Rob Johnson (1st rd trade), Manuel, Losman, Zach Wilson, Darnold, Sanchez
2nd rounders: Pat White, Henne, Beck, Culpepper (2nd rd trade), Trent Edwards, Todd Collins, Geno Smith

15 picks of QBs in the first 2 rounds by our rivals in the division: all 15 were wasted picks.

Jones will start.

Think about it. If he doesnt and Zappe plays much better, then the Foxboro Pro Zappe chants are back and Corky is finished. Either Pats QB can beat the Giants. They are so bad.
You are spot on. Everyone agrees with you now that the smurf worked way harder than Jones and so he’ll win the job by week 5. Right on schedule. The hard work shows and it’s about to pay off.

Not sure why this is a surprise. The majority of early QB picks bust. It's not even close. Look at our division: the Jets, Bills & Phins drafted QBs high for many decades.

Here's the list of QBs these teams have gone through since Marino, Kelly and Pennington (heck, if you skip Chad & go to O'Brien they drafted a bunch of other losers before Pennington as well, like Browning Nagle).

1st rounders: Tannehill, Bledsoe (1st rd trade), Rob Johnson (1st rd trade), Manuel, Losman, Zach Wilson, Darnold, Sanchez
2nd rounders: Pat White, Henne, Beck, Culpepper (2nd rd trade), Trent Edwards, Todd Collins, Geno Smith

15 picks of QBs in the first 2 rounds by our rivals in the division: all 15 were wasted picks.
Thanks for this. Great information. I guess what I was trying to say say was based on Mac's rookie season and how well he played for the most part. I thought he'd be a proven veteran by now. We aren't going to advance until we solidify the QB position, and put NFL caliber players around said QB. It takes a certain person mentally to play QB in the new England area.

I’d like them to win, but also on the who cares. I’m having a hard time watching this train wreck week after week. I’ll probably just stick to basketball and Hockey.
Agreed! I'm thinking to myself how the hell did we beat Buffalo. I cannot remember a time where I've wanted a patriots season over with already!

Thanks for this. Great information. I guess what I was trying to say say was based on Mac's rookie season and how well he played for the most part. I thought he'd be a proven veteran by now. We aren't going to advance until we solidify the QB position, and put NFL caliber players around said QB. It takes a certain person mentally to play QB in the new England area.
Something like 33% of these picks make it. 6 out of 16 in the last several years. so, 1 out of 3. Grab Kevin Cousins and try again with a young kid.

Agreed! I'm thinking to myself how the hell did we beat Buffalo. I cannot remember a time where I've wanted a patriots season over with already!
We beat Buffalo because Buffalo has been playing down to their opponents level all year and they actually are a pretty mediocre team right now and Allen is stinking the joint up.

They are 6-5 and have Philly, bye week, KC, and Dallas next. There's a very good chance that they'll be 6-8 and fighting their ass off for a wildcard spot this year.

You are spot on. Everyone agrees with you now that the smurf worked way harder than Jones and so he’ll win the job by week 5. Right on schedule. The hard work shows and it’s about to pay off.
No trade value

Will Grier Football GIF by Carolina Panthers

165897038_10224271672437882_5883572187855778234_n.jpg

So easy to trigger lolololol

But that stuff doesn't matter because week 5 is almost here. Are you prepared for what's coming? It's the start of Zappe's NFL HOF career. Best arm in the game going together with his elite mind games against the defense with his cerebral excellence. All his hard work compared to Jones this summer is about to pay off. Sure he needs a stepladder to play QB but that won't stop the mighty zappy from taking what's his. Get ready.

Last edited:
Something like 33% of these picks make it. 6 out of 16 in the last several years. so, 1 out of 3. Grab Kevin Cousins and try again with a young kid.
I like that idea. Cousins definitely will be made available. I'll say Dobbs is a player! Outside of Douglas I see a totally different WR group next season.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back