PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you want the Patriots to win or lose versus Giants?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want the Patriots to win or lose against the Giants?

• Win

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 60 58.8%
  • Who cares

Votes: 13 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've watched every Patriots game since 1976 except for a few in 91 or 92 when I was away at school and slept in and it wasn't worth waking up. I've never wanted them to lose a game, not even once. Even when they had much worse teams.

I do not think anyone should try to lose on purpose. The players he puts out there should 100% give it their all. However...
Some of Bill's decision this year almost at times seems like he isn't interested in winning.
Examples of Bill's pseudo tanking decisions:

1. Not bringing in veteran qb competition for Mac during training camp
2. Having only 3 rb's active on game day, with no speed rb
3. Trading Pierre Strong, the only potential change of pace rb for a JAG
4. In free agency not signing a top tier OL
5. Not signing D'Andre Hopkins when WR was obviously a huge question mark
6. Keeping Cam Achors as special Teams coach
7. Trading 2 draft picks so he could draft an unproven college kicker, when they could have signed one just as good easily
8. After it was obvious Mac was not going to work out and Zappe still sucks, not signing an experienced veteran.
9. No trades at deadline
10. Not naming a starting qb for this week's game against the giants...(this can not help whichever qb he starts confidence)

Now maybe these were simply more examples of Bill's terrible roster building decisions, but it does not feel as if he did everything he could to maximize chances for success this season (either before the season started or after it was obvious they had fielded a bad team).

The pats potential assets available this offseason:

•90 million in cap space
•top 3 pick
•pick 30s
•pick 40s - bill trade
•pick 60s

Securing a franchise qb prospect or the best wr prospect in a decade would go a long way in helping the post bb pats. Add in judon & gonzalez returning & they can be competitive next year. Honestly you should root for the ways they’ve been losing with douglas flashing, barmore breaking out, etc.

The pats potential assets available this offseason:

•90 million in cap space
•top 3 pick
•pick 30s
•pick 40s - bill trade
•pick 60s

Securing a franchise qb prospect or the best wr prospect in a decade would go a long way in helping the post bb pats. Add in judon & gonzalez returning & they can be competitive next year. Honestly you should root for the ways they’ve been losing with douglas flashing, barmore breaking out, etc.
I do not think they will have a top 3 pick.
They probably win 3 more games (giants, steelers and jets) taking them to 5-12 and probably top 6 pick.
Panthers, cardinals, giants and Bears and possibly jets will be worse

Anytime we play against NY or a division rival, I want to win. I understand gettin high drafts cuz our playoff chances are gone, but come on, y'all. The poll is disappointin. Why would you not want to destroy the team that ruined our perfect season and stole 2 SBs from us? You should always be ready to kick some Giants ass whenever we match up.

I honestly don't. There's short term and longterm wins. If we had a real shot at the playoffs, I'd say we HAVE to take the short term win and try to pull out a W. But there is no shot at the playoffs. So the longterm win of positioning ourselves for the future is more important right now.

And no losing out on a potential QB of the future or one of the best WR draft picks (for a team that has been starved of quality WR play for years) to me isn't worth beating a crappy Giants team. And people can complain about Super Bowl 42 and some pyrrhic revenge game, but the fact is exactly nobody from those teams is playing or even gives the slightest **** about something that happened over 15 years ago and it doesn't change or fix what happened then.

To me, this team has been mediocre for 5 years, I'm ready to rip the bandaid off and just commit to the future.

Lose each game by 4 points

Except kc and pitt i cant stand to see us lose to those guys under any circumstance

I've watched every Patriots game since 1976 except for a few in 91 or 92 when I was away at school and slept in and it wasn't worth waking up. I've never wanted them to lose a game, not even once. Even when they had much worse teams.
None of us as fans could've ever envisioned having 2 decades of success. I don't even think ownership envisioned it. What I didn't forsee personally is having to be a lottery team after drafting a QB.

I will root like crazy for the Pats to win.... during the game, but we need DeVito to come thru for our future

I do not think they will have a top 3 pick.
They probably win 3 more games (giants, steelers and jets) taking them to 5-12 and probably top 6 pick.
Panthers, cardinals, giants and Bears and possibly jets will be worse

They're not beating the Squealers in ****tsdirt with only 4 days rest.

Win
Especially since it's against a HATED NY team

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST