PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you still think Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think that Brian Waters deserves votes for MVP. Without him, the Pats don't go 13-3. Though he gave up a sack today, he's been the best O-lineman this year for the Pats.. Especially considering the uncertainty at both Center and RT he's had to deal with..

That being said, I know he'll get no votes because the MVP isn't ever given to anyone but a QB or maybe a RB..

All three top QBs have great supporting casts.

Rodgers has Jennings, Finley, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, and James Jones. They also have James Starks and Ryan Grant at RB.

Brady has Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez, and Branch. And in the running game, there is Woodhead, Ridley, and BJGE.

Brees has Colston, Meachem, Henderson, Moore, Graham with Sproles, Pierre Thomas and Chris Ivory for the running game.

But when you look at everything, I think that the Brady led Pats over-came the most because of the injuries on the O-line. Vollmer playing in only 3 games. Losing Koppen for the season. Connolly missing a few games, Mankins going down last week.

That, and the fact that the Pats coming from behind the way they did the last 2 weeks should help push Brady up ahead. But, either one of the three deserves it.

In all honesty, though, I wouldn't be surprised if Cam Newton gets a lot of votes because without him, the Panthers don't rebound the way they did this year.

i think rodgers has a worse O-Line to deal with than brady tbh. Brees on the other hand has all the time in the world

You people dissing Rogers because of the game Flynn had today sound like the Pats-haters who say Brady's nothing special because of the year Cassell had in 2008.

True

I forgot that Cassel threw for almost 500 yards and for 6 TDs in one game in '08

Very similar situations

Also this kinda hurts us if we had any plans of trading Hoyer. If the Packers are going to dangle Flynn next year I'd imagine his stock is way higher.

Sure I do. He's the reigning QB on the super bowl winning team and the team is 15-1 (14-1 starting} Regardless of the talent around him he has to make the machine work and he does at a very high level. Minus the KC game his team only trailed 2 or 3 times the entire season.

I can easily make a case for Brady or Brees as the MVP but i will defer to the superbowl champion this time. I just wish Brady would of got the same respect from his critics when he was winning super bowls.

You lost me at "still".

Brady is the best QB in the NFL. He has been for quite some time.

Let's not be hypocrites. People were knocking Brady as a system QB after Matt Cassel took the Pats 11-5 without starting since high school. Pats fans also shouldn't knock Colts or Saints fans as stat chasers after today when the Pats got Gronk's record instead of kneeling while up 4 td's with 1:29 left.

Brady is the best QB in the NFL. Rodgers is the MVP this year.

Today we learned that Aaron Rodgers is not the top QB in the NFL. Matt Flynn is! :D

Just kidding. I think it does show you how much people tend to underrate the importance of the rest of the team on a QB's stats, though. 2007 Brady wasn't necessarily astronomically better than 2006 Brady, and probably not significantly better (if not worse) than 2010/2011 Brady, but he did have the best deep threat and best slot receiver of all time.

Sometimes watching the Packers, I can't help but think that if Rodgers tried to make a lot of those kinds of throws to our WRs, he'd have 45 ints instead of 45 TDs. Those guys are incredible at catching those back shoulder passes and quick slants, which require very accurate passes, but also great plays by the receivers. You never see our offense run plays like that, and it seems like more often then not when Brady tries to jam it to a covered receiver like that, they aren't even close to being able to pull off the catch. It looks to me like Brady has to work much harder to read the defense, evade pressure, and find the open guy, and that's why to me, a biased Pats fan, Brady's still the best in the business.

I never thought he was the best QB in the NFL...It's Brady then everyone else

Let's not be hypocrites. People were knocking Brady as a system QB after Matt Cassel took the Pats 11-5 without starting since high school. Pats fans also shouldn't knock Colts or Saints fans as stat chasers after today when the Pats got Gronk's record instead of kneeling while up 4 td's with 1:29 left.

Who was calling Brady a system QB after 2007?

You realize the Saints were throwing to Graham after the game was out of reach too right?

It's always hard for me to discount the dome factor as well when it comes to the swelled stats. Maybe most impressive about that Lions/GB shootout was that it was in Lambeau on grass and in the 20's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back