PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Disturbing quote from Ellis Hobbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. The Vikings are having a terrible time selling out their stadium and there's just as many Cowboys fans in Houston as there are Texans fans.

But if he did say that, he is partly right. Southerners are more friendly. :cool:

No offense to Southerners, but I was recently in Oklahoma, and I couldn't walk 5 feet without another blonde person (both men and women) saying, Hi!! to me in a cheery falsetto voice. Very weird. I was trying to drink my coffee on the way to a meeting, and could barely get a sip in. The woman taking tickets at the parking lot wanted to have a conversation with me.

Yes, they're friendly, but why?

No offense to Southerners, but I was recently in Oklahoma, and I couldn't walk 5 feet without another blonde person (both men and women) saying, Hi!! to me in a cheery falsetto voice. Very weird. I was trying to drink my coffee on the way to a meeting, and could barely get a sip in. The woman taking tickets at the parking lot wanted to have a conversation with me.

:D

I used to drive a Ford F150 pickup truck and when I drove in the country every single person waved. Now that I drive a foreign, "young punk car", a Nissan Sentra, they still wave half the time. That's just the way it is here and I like it. Why? I don't know. The English seem to be miserable but I can't blame them due to the overcrowding and terrible, depressing weather. IMO, New England is more similar to England than it is to where I live.

Hobbs is from DeSoto, TX, BTW.

New Englanders' lack of friendliness is a well-known fact. Hobbs is stating the obvious. Combined with the weather, the taxation and the politics its almost unbearable and only lunatics live here and love it. Which is probably why I plan on staying.:)

yup, upstaters from various Northeastern states won't ever understand, and will ask why. This is part of the reason why I am going to NC next week to look at retirement areas.

For the record, I am not the Dan he was referring to. :D

Let him go. He is a weak link at the corner position and this will allow the Pats to go and try to sign a Lucas, or a Clement, and maybe use one of their 1st round picks for another corner... and of course Eugene Wilson can move up and get back to the position he plays better at other than at safety.

BTW those aren't my words. They are the words of my next door neighbor. I dont know much about this Hobbs person.

BTW those aren't my words. They are the words of my next door neighbor. I dont know much about this Hobbs person.

If you are not going to speak for yourself why are you one this message-board. That is kind of sad and rather pathetic.

If you are not going to speak for yourself why are you one this message-board. That is kind of sad and rather pathetic.

If I have something to say for myself I will say it as I have done on occasion, seeing as I am a CHicago Bears fan, but because of NEM over all these years that I have known him I am a secondary fan of the Patriots, too and have joined him on several occasions at the Vine Tavern with his Pats fan club.

And it his his computer that I use to get to this message board. I dont have a computer and I live next door to him and we are as close as can be, almost like family. I am like a brother in law to him.

I post here based on what he says to me and I feel that I owe him the opportunity of having a voice in Patriot fan affairs as every person in this forum should have because as far as I am concerned there is not one patriot fan as loyal, passionate and one that will give his right arm if he had to for the benefit of any other patriot fan and believe me i know that to be true and it hurts him terribly as to what was done to him here by a few people.

At first he did post a couple of times under my name and I asked him not to do it so he wont get into trouble. And for the record I know that the patriots and this forum are his life and he has dedicated what is left of it as he has all before it to the patriots and to patriot fans. And for the record he did not tell me to say that... i know it to be true and he is very velry hurt by what a few posters did to him here.

And i do not want to discuss that any more just thought it should have been told.
And he does not tell me what to say or post other than an occasional opinion he gives me about a pats player or something related to the patriots.

He has told me about this Hobbs person and I tend to agree with him from what I have seen on television.

I believe that if Hobbs wants to leave and if in fact he said those words then he should be allowed to go wherever the hell he wants. Hes not that good anyway from what I have seen. A nice player as far as his giving his all when on the field but not a very good cornerback. And that is my opinion, no one elses. Of course I am no expert.

If he don't like it in NE -Get out!

He really isn't that good and has more PI calls than anyone on the Defensive side of the team.

Lets make him happy and trade him to Minnesota for Steve Hutchinson :D :D

Here's the website, and the actual quote from the poster. I read the entire thread and no source was provided, even though midwestpatsfan requested one. The original poster never posted again.

Registration required...

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6493

Mr. Hobbes was in Ames last week. He mentioned that he is alternating his game time introduction from year to year. He will
be using Iowa State University this next year.

He is also not surprised that Dan was let go this year. He has great
respect for Dan and thinks he is a great motivator, but as he put it "not a very good game coach".

He said he would like to get out of the New England area. The people are not very friendly. He would like to play for the vikings or
the Texans. He still loves the Cyclones.

New Englanders' lack of friendliness is a well-known fact. Hobbs is stating the obvious. Combined with the weather, the taxation and the politics its almost unbearable and only lunatics live here and love it. Which is probably why I plan on staying.:)

Don't forget the ugly girls...

Don't forget the ugly girls...

I think Boston suffers from a bad reputation that has been lingering since the Civil Rights days. I know, I know, a black governor was recently elected, but the black community in Boston, IMO, doesn't have as strong of a presence as many in the southern or Mid-Atlantic cities do. Ask Derrick Mason's wife about this issue.

I think Boston suffers from a bad reputation that has been lingering since the Civil Rights days. I know, I know, a black governor was recently elected, but the black community in Boston, IMO, doesn't have as strong of a presence as many in the southern or Mid-Atlantic cities do. Ask Derrick Mason's wife about this issue.

I never did think of that when he turned down the Pats - I thought it was simply because it got too cold in NE....well maybe things are a little "cold" in Mass.

Boston certainly isn't Atlanta.

maybe everything is so far apart that they desire contact whereas in NEW England people are on top of each other they get tired of one another.

Hobbs is ****y and immature, and talks too much. The same way he has been since he arrived. I have heard him say things like "I am a Patriot for now.." and "when I leave the Patriots..."

Signs he doesn't want to stay here forever, but who cares. His ****iness is part of the reason he plays so hard. He is signed through 2009 and is doing a solid job but he is no Champ Bailey and if he leaves in 3 years we can thank him for his time and easily replace him.

he shows up to play and plays hard , that's all we can ask

yup, upstaters from various Northeastern states won't ever understand, and will ask why. This is part of the reason why I am going to NC next week to look at retirement areas.

I don't blame you, I can't take much more of these long winters.

If I have something to say for myself I will say it as I have done on occasion, seeing as I am a CHicago Bears fan, but because of NEM over all these years that I have known him I am a secondary fan of the Patriots, too and have joined him on several occasions at the Vine Tavern with his Pats fan club.

And it his his computer that I use to get to this message board. I dont have a computer and I live next door to him and we are as close as can be, almost like family. I am like a brother in law to him.

I post here based on what he says to me and I feel that I owe him the opportunity of having a voice in Patriot fan affairs as every person in this forum should have because as far as I am concerned there is not one patriot fan as loyal, passionate and one that will give his right arm if he had to for the benefit of any other patriot fan and believe me i know that to be true and it hurts him terribly as to what was done to him here by a few people.

At first he did post a couple of times under my name and I asked him not to do it so he wont get into trouble. And for the record I know that the patriots and this forum are his life and he has dedicated what is left of it as he has all before it to the patriots and to patriot fans. And for the record he did not tell me to say that... i know it to be true and he is very velry hurt by what a few posters did to him here.

And i do not want to discuss that any more just thought it should have been told.
And he does not tell me what to say or post other than an occasional opinion he gives me about a pats player or something related to the patriots.

:rolleyes:

ive lived in boston for five yrs now, and while its no atl, its also not that bad
then again, if barry bonds says its bad it must be...u know cuz hes never even been here and all

:D

I used to drive a Ford F150 pickup truck and when I drove in the country every single person waved. Now that I drive a foreign, "young punk car", a Nissan Sentra, they still wave half the time. That's just the way it is here and I like it. Why? I don't know. The English seem to be miserable but I can't blame them due to the overcrowding and terrible, depressing weather. IMO, New England is more similar to England than it is to where I live.

Hobbs is from DeSoto, TX, BTW.

I know the New England reputation but to me, coming from England, people seemed very friendly! But for people who just HATE having to interact with strangers in public spaces, try Germany. :eek:

If I have something to say for myself I will say it as I have done on occasion, seeing as I am a CHicago Bears fan,

Too bad you're a Bears fan because you'd probably win Fan of the Year if you were a Pats fan :)

ive lived in boston for five yrs now, and while its no atl, its also not that bad
then again, if barry bonds says its bad it must be...u know cuz hes never even been here and all

That's why I said it suffers from a bad reputation. I don't think there's problems anymore, but it's hard to erase from many people's memories the abuse some blacks suffered a few decades ago.

I know the New England reputation but to me, coming from England, people seemed very friendly! But for people who just HATE having to interact with strangers in public spaces, try Germany. :eek:

They didn't seem rude, just not as friendly as down here. That's nothing to be ashamed of. I haven't been to NE since 2001, so things may be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back