PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Disturbing quote from Ellis Hobbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, it's true.

My wife and I moved out of NE for the west coast.

Couldn't stand the attitudes of you new englanders and your inability to be friendly to new comers. If you're not born there, you're an outsider. Forever. Couldn't stand your weather, your big dig, the traffic, or the ridiculous political climate.

Love the Pats, but New England? No way, no how.

Don't forget the ugly girls...

Now THAT'S true!

Southern chicks are generally hotter than northern chicks...not all mind you, but on a basic bell curve...

Especially New York & New Jersey chicks. A large majority of them have this "too much makeup, bad attitude" thing going on...

Must be all that staying inside all winter eating and b i t c h ing and complaining vs. 12 months of the natural curative powers of the brilliant southern sun!

BTW?

65 and breezy, not a cloud in the sky in South Fla this afternoon!

Paradise, baby! Paradise!

God blesses us out of the way of the occaisional category 3 hurricane and it just doesn't get any better!

(Better than having your roof cave in from 100 inches of snow, though, that's for sure!)

I'll be driving home from work today with my windows down, the Police on the CD player, smoking a nice, tasty Partagas Black label, gently waving my fellow drivers over if they need to change lanes with a big smile on both our faces, while my brother in Boston battles rush hour in the cold and kaka with a bunch of surly Yankees!

It's almost not fair!

ADPF

Last edited:
I was born in Saugus, MA and moved 3 years ago to Tampa, FL. I miss Boston sometimes but for the most part life is much better down here in almost every way.

I can understand how Hobbs feels, he wants to play near his hometown (Houston) or near his Alma Mater (MN is close to IA) because he likes the people there better.

Boston people are not for everyone, personally I like the busy, indifferent attitude because I don't like people in my business and these rednecks can get annoying with their constant stupid grins.

I will sum it for all of you, Boston is great, but Massachusetts sucks ass.

You guys are a bunch of pricks, but I love ya. If I could take the people from Boston and put them in Tampa, life would be perfect. But Bostonians are not everyone's cup of tea. We are an intense, fickle breed.

Last edited:
Hey, it's true.

Couldn't stand the attitudes of you new englanders and your inability to be friendly to new comers. If you're not born there, you're an outsider. Forever. Couldn't stand your weather, your big dig, the traffic, or the ridiculous political climate.

And that, my friends, is the reason for New Englands negative social rep. A smattering of non-yanks spend a little time here in the likes of New Haven, or Manchester, or Worcester, or even Portsmouth and Saco....and meander off to tell the rest of the country how rude the people, as well the environment, of the northeast is.

YOU people need to unhinge your tendency to group New Englanders as a whole. You would find a much different state of life in Burlington than you do in Providence. The people of Skowhegan are cut from substantially different cloth than the folks of Springfield. Rte. 1 on Bostons northside ain't nothing like Rte. 1 on Camdens southside.

For the weather- welcome to what 4 legitimate seasons are like; White, Muddy, Hot, and Colorful. Did you think you were moving to Cancun when you were heading out here?

As to welcoming you with open arms I suggest you go sample some of the "hospitality" of Ohio, Kansas, Colorado,Missouri, Illinois or even 90 percent of California for that matter. What you may be regarding as self-importance and indifference is likely just Yankee pride. Can't really explain that one to you flatlander types, it's rooted in growing up on cobblestone alleyways, fiddleheads, and knowing that the slang expressions of "Wicked" were part of the Yankelese language prior to 1982.

Personally, as long as every one of you stays south of Old Orchard Beach, and west of Mt. Washington, I will be a very happy man.....oh, I think i just proved your point.

That's why I said it suffers from a bad reputation. I don't think there's problems anymore, but it's hard to erase from many people's memories the abuse some blacks suffered a few decades ago.

They didn't seem rude, just not as friendly as down here. That's nothing to be ashamed of. I haven't been to NE since 2001, so things may be different.

all i know is a bunch of new englanders went down south and lost their lives and kicked some southern ass to free those slaves.

yup, upstaters from various Northeastern states won't ever understand, and will ask why. This is part of the reason why I am going to NC next week to look at retirement areas.

It's true. I can say this because I'm from MA, but people in MA are the rudest/least friendly in the country. You grow up used to it, and don't really see this until you go somewhere else. I lived in West Virginia 11 years and that's the other extreme. Truly friendly people. When they wave or talk to you in the checkout line (which is EXPECTED behavior) it's not just because they're being polite --- they really are that nice. I had to train myself not to look away whenever someone looked at me, which was ingrained in me from growing up in MA. I love that about the south and the sort-of-south like WV. Then when I go back to MA I get road-raged at almost every time I visit, and I wonder how I ever used to think that was normal.

I've lived in many places around the country and met alot of really nice folks in every place I've lived and heard the same line of BS! They like to lump people from the "East" in the same stereotype; rude, self-important,blah, blah, blah...
How would someone from Spokane(really nice people there) like to be lumped in the same mold as some a-hole from southern California(real big pricks there!) Would you compare a dairy farmer from Montpelier, VT as the same as a stockbroker from Greenwich, CT?

One thing I can atest to is however rude people from New England may seem, there's one thing you can count on...You know where most of us stand. We're not as welcoming at first, but once you earn our respect, you can put our loyalty in the bank!!! i.e... The years of futility we dealt with from the perennial 2-14, 3-13, 5-11 Patriots not too long ago, and not to mention the 86 years we toiled over the Red Sox. We are definetley not "fariweather" fans like alot of other places!!

Hey, it's true.

Ever think that maybe it wasn't the other person who has the problem??

I'd just like to say Tampa blows.

I'd just like to say Tampa blows.

What blows, the football team, the people or the city?

Yeah the Bucs suck, the people are rednecks and the city has no culture.

But middle class people can actually afford to buy a house down here that isn't 60 miles outside the city. The economy is booming, there are plenty of jobs. Salaries are like 33% less than Boston, but prices are 50% less. No state income tax yet we actually have more services than people in MA. We also don't have a judicial system that coddles criminals or state politicians who line their pockets at the taxpayers expense. We also don't have staties waiting in speed tracks every mile to beef up state revenues. The speed limit is 70.

Oh I almost forgot, from November to April, every day is like that first day of Spring in Boston. 60's to 70's, sunny and clear. The summers are hot but Boston is actually hotter on many days. Its just consistently 90 every day down here but we don't get those spikes up to 98 or 100.

For single guys, there are bikinis and strippers as far as the eyes can see.

Yeah it isn't perfect but in general living here means not having the state up your ass every minute looking for a handout.

I am still baffled how MA has a state income tax, sales tax, high property taxes, excise taxes etc, while FL only has a sales tax but yet the services are better down here. When I left MA, my old high school couldn't afford to field a high school football team. This in a town where you can't buy a cardboard box for less than 300K. I still wonder where it all goes.....

What blows, the football team, the people or the city?

Yeah the Bucs suck, the people are rednecks and the city has no culture.

But middle class people can actually afford to buy a house down here that isn't 60 miles outside the city. The economy is booming, there are plenty of jobs. Salaries are like 33% less than Boston, but prices are 50% less. No state income tax yet we actually have more services than people in MA. We also don't have a judicial system that coddles criminals or state politicians who line their pockets at the taxpayers expense. We also don't have staties waiting in speed tracks every mile to beef up state revenues. The speed limit is 70.

Oh I almost forgot, from November to April, every day is like that first day of Spring in Boston. 60's to 70's, sunny and clear. The summers are hot but Boston is actually hotter on many days. Its just consistently 90 every day down here but we don't get those spikes up to 98 or 100.

For single guys, there are bikinis and strippers as far as the eyes can see.

Yeah it isn't perfect but in general living here means not having the state up your ass every minute looking for a handout.

I am still baffled how MA has a state income tax, sales tax, high property taxes, excise taxes etc, while FL only has a sales tax but yet the services are better down here. When I left MA, my old high school couldn't afford to field a high school football team. This in a town where you can't buy a cardboard box for less than 300K. I still wonder where it all goes.....

I won't say the people, though having lived in Austin and Boston I miss the type of people you encounter in a college town.

I live across the street from USF where I go to graduate school and there is zero college atmosphere here, (though the campus is nice), 6 lane roads, strip malls, not even sidewalks in a lot of areas and traffic, traffic, traffic.

I owned a house in Gulfport south of St. Pete and Pinellas county is the only place to live around here IMO.

Last edited:
A lot of players from the South, midwest etc., don't like New England at first.

Same with new Englanders moving elsewhere. Many eventually end up loving it and move there. When you're injured and struggling, it's natural to feel homesick and Ellis is very emotional and speaks his mind.

I wouldn't worry about it. He is very achievement oriented and I know the area will look a lot better to him when he has a good year and people are patting him on the back.

I won't say the people, though having lived in Austin and Boston I miss the type of people you encounter in a college town.

I live across the street from USF where I go to graduate school and there is zero college atmosphere here, (though the campus is nice), 6 lane roads, strip malls, not even sidewalks in a lot of areas and traffic, traffic, traffic.

I owned a house in Gulfport south of St. Pete and Pinellas county is the only place to live around here IMO.

Well I will agree with you there, Tampa is kinda ****ty. Pinellas on the other hand is pretty nice.

I also agree with you on Ellis. These guys don't get to pick where they play (unless you're whiny biatch like Eli) so its natural for them to get homesick.

Boston is a big adjustment. There aren't many cities that take their sports so seriously. Most players either love it or hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft