PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised there hasnt been a thread on him. One of the biggest takeaways for me from thursdays game is that lewis looks legit as a third down back. He can catch the ball and make people miss and also can run the ball better than vereen ever could. He definitely has won the role.

Another steal by bill. He seems to pick up solid 3rd down backs from anywhere from faulk to woodhead to vereen and now lewis

Im curious to see if bill will run any 2 rb sets this year with lewis and white.

Partially agree, Lewis seems like a great out-of-nowhere pick up like Woodhead. Vereen was a pick and a multi-year project and Faulk was/is an institution. I think he still shows up at practices.

As I have said before, I wanted them to draft Lewis instead of Vereen. I loved the kid at Pitt and felt that he could have been an integral part of the Pats long term success.

As I have said before, I wanted them to draft Lewis instead of Vereen. I loved the kid at Pitt and felt that he could have been an integral part of the Pats long term success.
I'm pretty glad they didnt listen to

Which means you were wrong so far :p Vereen has had the much better career.

Also, BB got Vereen with a pick and Lewis for nothing.

You cant compare one situation to another bro. Lewis was behind McCoy for a couple of years and then broke his leg. It all worked out really well, but to say I was wrong is very short sighted.

Pro Football Focus‏@PFF
RB Dion Lewis forced 8 missed tackles on 19 carries - best rate of any RB in week 1 with significant carries.

Pretty damn impressive :cool:

Kevin Duffy‏@KevinRDuffy
As of right now, Dion Lewis has 258 yards from scrimmage, trailing only Antonio Brown, Julio Jones and Matt Forte. He has more yards from scrimmage than Jamaal Charles and Adrian Peterson.

im begining to wonder if maybe BB really just disliked Ridely.

Lewis has had a couple of bad fumbles so far this season and he hasn't been sat down at all. riddley on the other hand might have fumbled and not seen significant field time for a couple of games

im begining to wonder if maybe BB really just disliked Ridely.

Lewis has had a couple of bad fumbles so far this season and he hasn't been sat down at all. riddley on the other hand might have fumbled and not seen significant field time for a couple of games

Apparently, Lewis has Brady's approval

"He's gained the confidence of everybody through his work ethic in practice, training camp and what he's done in all these games," quarterback Tom Brady said during his weekly interview on sports radio WEEI on Monday. "The way the game played out, being in the empty formation a lot, spreading them out, he made a lot of plays in the passing game, too.

"He's been a really dependable player for us. I know he's fumbled, but you know, running backs fumble. You have to be able to bounce back from it and he did. He came up with some huge plays there later in the game. He's kind of an all-purpose player for us -- running the ball, catching the ball, spreading them out, being in the backfield and making guys miss. I thought he played a great game."

Lewis is up to 5 ypc on the season & has had numerous successful runs between the tackles. He trucked two defenders on his TD run.

If he can get over the fumbles, Lewis could be our first all-purpose back of BB's tenure. Even Dillon was spelled by Faulk on third down.

I'm not even sure Blount is a better between the tackles runner than Lewis. Blount should be the backup/short yardage back besides the Colts game.

I don't even want to compare him to Faulk/Woodhead/Vereen because he seems like a complete RB (besides being 5'6....). Kudos to @RayClay so far.

I'm surprised that there isn't even more hype surrounding this guy! I think some of it has to do with the fact that he has been under the radar thus far in his NFL career. If we had picked him up in the draft, for instance, I think people would be losing their minds.

Not only is he putting up gaudy numbers, but he is actually passing the eye test. With Gray, for example, you could kind of chalk that up to the terrible run D of the Colts (although Gray obviously did what he needed to). Lewis is looking absolutely dynamic out there. Really hope this continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back