PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill's offensive roster building

Bad JuJu is what you're saying.
More like Molasses slow Juju.
Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

Backup Vikings WR Jailen Nailor is out with a hamstring. Two WRs on the their practice squad, undrafted Trishton Jackson (2020) out of Syracuse and first round bust N’Keal Harry.

Whom do you think they have activated?

all offseason we heard from some fans that teams are dumb for paying receivers and how bill is smarter than the rest of the league when some fans pointed out how other teams went and got hill, aj brown, diggs etc...

well last 2 games it's pretty evident we have no horses. no guys who can separate or make plays. bill is still building the team like its the 90's. play tough defense, run the ball and play mistake free offense. you cant win in the nfl that way anymore. we brought a knife to a gun fight and couldn't keep up.

look how easy hill/waddle make it look for tua. always open, 20 yards pop. instead its screen to juju, hope bourne gets open 5-8 yards out.

sure bill built up the defense. but we are left with average receivers and a poor OL. cant run the ball and have to go in 13 play methodical drives. and so far Juju looks like a mistake. when we couldve had meyers for the same price. who had 80 yards and 2 td's in his debut.
Great post… Tua is no elite quarterback… He’s managing that offense very well, and like you said… Either waddle or hill… Or one of the other guys is always wide-open… It’s almost laughable… Except when they played against us… So that’s one positive we have going for us! This D has potential to get better and better….. they will have to carry our offense this year

When can Thornton come back and can someone get Parker and Shuster to do something so we can void those contracts?

I’m sure one of you know a woman who can show them a good time then have them waking up like it’s the Hangover,
When Thorton comes back… Can he stay healthy is one of the biggest questions… We shall see

Since Tom Brady left, beginning with the 2020 Draft...here are the offensive players (non-linemen) chosen by Bill the GM and their draft position and their "status" with the club:
Devin Asiasi, 3rd #91 - GONE
Dalton Keene 3rd #101 - GONE
Mac Jones 1st #15 - Starter, average at best
Rhamondre Stevenson 4th #120 - Starter (I guess), quickly entering jag territory
Tre Nixon 7th #242 - GONE
Tyquan Thornton 2nd #50 - USELESS
Pierre Strong 4th #127 - GONE
Bailey Zappe 4th #137 - backup
Kevin Harris 6th #183 - GONE
Kayshon Boutte 6th #187 - ball in tall grass
Demarrio Douglas 6th # #210 - ball in tall grass

Folks, that's Bill the GMs last 4 drafts. These guys should be contributing every game aside from the rookies. These drafts picks show me that Bill the GM simply thinks his scheme will win out and he doesn't need impact players on offense to win in today's nfl. Bill the GM has drafted more kickers (3) than tight ends. Bill the GM doesn't need top end talent at receiver or tight end, and he'll be damned if he picks another receiver in the first round. Tight end? no way, we can get Jags from other teams.
Yeah, I Bill Really whiffed badly on Asiasi and Keene….wow

Backup Vikings WR Jailen Nailor is out with a hamstring. Two WRs on the their practice squad, undrafted Trishton Jackson (2020) out of Syracuse and first round bust N’Keal Harry.

Whom do you think they have activated?
Trishton I'm guessing.

On a side note... Trishton, Jailen and N'Keal. Their parents should be arrested for those names.

so the Pats could be on a backup QB streak after dallas

let's hope it is.. i haven't watched any college football so far nor have i read reports on how the top rated prospects performed based on expectations..
with fashanu, alt, latham there are quit some OT ranked highly on big boards... i hope it will be deep too

it was clear already last year 2024 is gonna be best OT class in a long time imo (despite some solid ones a few yrs back)
didnt watch much this yr yet but from what i saw its confirming

i wouldnt have Paris or any of 2023 OTs in top 10 this year
Fashanu is going to make one QB very very happy - he'll be out of reach for NE of course - but plenty of others to choose from

then again Bill has punted on good tackle classes before no matter how rare they come : )

The biggest problem with Juju is not his play. Its the contract Bill signed.
His 7M salary next yr is guaranteed. If they would move on he'd still cost 10.6M cap and 12.3M dead $

The biggest problem with Juju is not his play. Its the contract Bill signed.
His 7M salary next yr is guaranteed. If they would move on he'd still cost 10.6M cap and 12.3M dead $

swapping Meyers who is reliable and homegrown for Juju to save kraft a few bucks is going to be another big Bill mistake.

watching Parker(who we extended mind you) run in quicksand on that early deep ball he should've had is just indicative of how average our offense is. someone with abit more talent probably reels that in for a nice TD.

swapping Meyers who is reliable and homegrown for Juju to save kraft a few bucks is going to be another big Bill mistake.

watching Parker(who we extended mind you) run in quicksand on that early deep ball he should've had is just indicative of how average our offense is. someone with abit more talent probably reels that in for a nice TD.

Just to put in context how bad signing Juju to that contract is (wo hindsight of looking at performance):
BB guaranteed his 2024 7M salary while Meyers signed the contract wo 2024 guarantees.

So for Juju is blind 2y/18M marriage wo playing a snap in NE + injury concerns.
Meyers signed a 1y/10.5M tryout that can be revisited after this season.

Not to mention none of them was the answer re Pats WR needs..

BBs offensive roster building in Macs time was not good to be polite, actually baffling. It started before though. If half of the resources invested in TE position that is still hardly moving the needle (esp poor blocking and still underwhelming receiving usage) were invested in OL this would be a solid offense even with skill talent shortcomings.

And its not only about players, the coaching as well. While defensive coaching tree is still somewhat underappreciated or taken for granted offensive coaching and ST is underwhelming after Dante, Popovic, Frears, McD, JJ etc etc left.

Another great game from Meyers. 7 receptions, 85 yards. Would've been nice to have that

We might have enough at QB, RB & TE to be competitive... But Bill & Al Groh's kid have kinda ****ed up the OL; and they've Really ****ed up the WR position. The bare minimum we should have here right now is Hopkins, Perkins, Bourne, Meyers & Douglas.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back