PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill's offensive roster building

Question is - is RKK sharp enough to notice BB is slipping in talent acquisition & roster management?
I wonder if BOB has full authority in the offensive plan, or if he has to run what BB approves?
He mentioned something along the lines after the 2020 season that the drafts have been bad.

I don’t think RK has the balls to fire BB

I don't think he had any intention of coming to NE. He was using them as leverage to get Tennessee to pay up.

Didn't the Pats offer less than that for which he signed with the Titties?

D.Hop. But Bill didn’t want to open up the check book.
That and being an absolute Ahole to the media schtick(did I spell that right?) is getting old. Not aging well when the Team isn’t doing well.

That and being an absolute Ahole to the media schtick(did I spell that right?) is getting old. Not aging well when the Team isn’t doing well.
Hopkins (ankle) is expected to play in Sunday's matchup with the Chargers, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports. Hopkins was a non-participant at practice all week due to ankle injury and is listed as questionable for Sunday's contest, but the Titans may have simply been exercising extra caution with their No. 1 pass catcher.

He played and had 4 catches for 40 yards.

Agree
I think the decision would have been between gonzalez and broderick jones if both available
Hopefully there will be some OT available next year and I don’t care if it’s draft or FA
I don’t think that Broderick Jones was on their radar at all in the first
Also, next year is supposed to be a very strong draft for OTs.

I think we need to stop ****yfooting around it. Bill is at this point a sub-par GM, particularly when it comes to WR, arguably other "skill positions," whether he is drafting, signing, or trading for them. His handling of the O-line is just abysmally bad.
Your thoughts very well may be on the money, especially heaven help us we lose to Zach Wilson and the Jetes.

That would likely be because we can’t run the ball, Mac is pressured too early on passing downs, and the only weapon the Jets fear is the Rham.

I don’t think that Broderick Jones was on their radar at all in the first
Also, next year is supposed to be a very strong draft for OTs.
let's hope it is.. i haven't watched any college football so far nor have i read reports on how the top rated prospects performed based on expectations..
with fashanu, alt, latham there are quit some OT ranked highly on big boards... i hope it will be deep too

Mr Kraft will put a better Offensive product on the Field when he starts seeing empty seats in that beautiful stadium. If would serve him well to Strip BB of his GM duties BB is living in the pass the current game has passed him by. Also Mac Jones is a average QB who won't lead a Team anywhere...we are stuck in mediocrity.

All good except he is not an average QB. An average QB is someone like Derek Carr. He is not at that level.

I want next year round 1, round 2 and round 3 to be offensive linemen and signing Jerry Jeudy or tee Higgins in free agency and releasing Parker and JuJu and resign Henry and Bourne.

Bill wants to win games 20-19.
this is an offensive league and teams need playmakers to win games.
Pats had 2 plays the past 2 weeks that are the team in a nutshell.
both plays, the team needs 4 yards. (1) JuJu could not beat his man. (2) Gesicki did not run a 4 yard route, he ran a 3 yard route.
both plays fail.
Mac 26 for 27 on passes under 10 yards. none of his "playmakers" could make plays after the catch (his best playmaker was benched)
old school thinking in a new school league
so far, old school is losing
Well said I also notice our WR's are running routes well short of the Sticks while our Opponents are running routes pass it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Patriots offensive line should be better with some time. They had some unfortunate injuries.

The wrs are too slow. Maybe that changes with Thornton. But juju has been bad

We should have never let Meyers leave . I just feel it was more personal than a business decision. It definitely did not benefit the team to lose a veteran with 4 years of experience in our system and who was showing significant upside every season.

Bill should be debarred from anything related to offense . It's plain obvious that bill does not understand NFLs offense as it stands today.

We should have never let Meyers leave . I just feel it was more personal than a business decision. It definitely did not benefit the team to lose a veteran with 4 years of experience in our system and who was showing significant upside every season.

Bill should be debarred from anything related to offense . It's plain obvious that bill does not understand NFLs offense as it stands today.
That's a fact but let's hope he doesn't bench :rolleyes: the future again I think both Douglas and Boutte are going to be decent for us going forward.

That's a fact but let's hope he doesn't bench :rolleyes: the future again I think both Douglas and Boutte are going to be decent for us going forward.
Maybe a year early is better . Better to let go of Bill after this season. Tbh I don't see what bill can additionally bring that Mayo and others can't . We are not going to be super bowl bound anyways . At least the new HC will not screw up offensive talent building in terms of draft and free agents. I am really scared to allow bill access to the huge free agency cash pile we have next year .

Maybe a year early is better . Better to let go of Bill after this season. Tbh I don't see what bill can additionally bring that Mayo and others can't . We are not going to be super bowl bound anyways . At least the new HC will not screw up offensive talent building in terms of draft and free agents. I am really scared to allow bill access to the huge free agency cash pile we have next year .
I think if this blows up it will be an interesting time for BB but I think he should be stripped of his GM duties if he still wants to Coach. But knowing his personality it might be the straw that breaks the camels back and he walks away. He's been meh as a GM living in the past...that said he'll still go down as the GOAT of HC's based on accomplishments.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back