PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that there isn't even more hype surrounding this guy! I think some of it has to do with the fact that he has been under the radar thus far in his NFL career. If we had picked him up in the draft, for instance, I think people would be losing their minds.

Not only is he putting up gaudy numbers, but he is actually passing the eye test. With Gray, for example, you could kind of chalk that up to the terrible run D of the Colts (although Gray obviously did what he needed to). Lewis is looking absolutely dynamic out there. Really hope this continues!

I like what I see as well. However I am tempering my excitement a little as his fumbling the rock in two straight games is something to keep an eye on.

If he coughs it up again vs JAX.......sorry but he needs to grab some pine.

I like what I see as well. However I am tempering my excitement a little as his fumbling the rock in two straight games is something to keep an eye on.

If he coughs it up again vs JAX.......sorry but he needs to grab some pine.
Yeah, that is certainly a concern that I wasn't really thinking about somehow. I think it says a lot that he wasn't instantly benched, and that he has Brady's approval. But a third fumble would probably force their hand.

Yeah, that is certainly a concern that I wasn't really thinking about somehow. I think it says a lot that he wasn't instantly benched, and that he has Brady's approval. But a third fumble would probably force their hand.

Yep. I stated that in another thread that by sticking with him is clearly a sign that the coaching staff has a lot of confidence in him and see him as a major player in this offense. Hes been great.

They may or may not view the fumbles as "his fault" but believe that he'll work hard to correct it. With that said, ball security was a knock vs him in college as well. Just gotta see how he does.

Last edited:
All I know is that BB must really like the guy.

When he fumbled yesterday (after fumbling last week as well) I said to one of my kids..."Well, we won't be seeing him for the rest of the day. Two fumbles in two games. Belichick will bench him for sure."

Wrong!

Di
All I know is that BB must really like the guy.

When he fumbled yesterday (after fumbling last week as well) I said to one of my kids..."Well, we won't be seeing him for the rest of the day. Two fumbles in two games. Belichick will bench him for sure."

Wrong!

Didn't Rex Ryan say he didn't know who Dion Lewis was? I think even after his Second fumble in Two weeks BB wanted Ryan to remember him.:cool::p

I was hoping the Pats would use Lewis on that 4th and 1 instead of going for the pass. I think he'd be a good option for that situation. He seems to have the ability to slither through for positive yardage when he runs it.

Has bee a STUD...yes only 2 weeks but man do i like what i see

The first fumble isn't usually that big of a deal, particularly when we didn't even lose possession.

The second fumble in two weeks means that he's now skating on thin ice, and that it's an issue that everyone is aware of.

A potential third fumble in the next 3-4 games will most likely mean that he's removed from the game and that someone else gets a chance, although everything depends on specific situations during the game.

@SigmundBloom: Dion Lewis looks as good as I ever could have imagined he'd look in NFL uniform and he's in one of best offenses in the league. Buckle up.

@bobhenry: Dion Lewis just might turn out to be this year's Justin Forsett, fumbles be damned, and Belichick to boot. Just hope he stays healthy.

The hype train is real. Potentially our best RB in a decade. Lewis has me too excited.

I don't think belichick likes the term "third down back" as it is too strikt a definition. He used to refer to Faulk as a "change of pace back" and leave him in for an entire series or drive. He seems to be using Dion in the same way... And if he gets the fumbling under control he might be getting into "every down back" territory.

I'm pretty surprised he hasnt been benched for fumbling, but he is very fun to watch.

I'm actually fine with the fumbles, as long as it doesn't happen in key moments and Lewis keep averaging 125 yards a game or whatever he's averaging. He's too good to keep off the field right now.

He's at least as good of a receiver and a much better runner. All he needs to do is fix the fumbling issue.
I haven't seen enough evidence of any of those things yet because it's only been two games. They also aren't asking him to do the same stuff they asked Shane to do yet. Dont get me wrong, I like Lewis but let's wait on his new crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing