PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
His first deal with SD was very modest. They could have used him in 2013.
Yup. They damn sure could have. He showed up in the biggest games and in critical situations especially. He was never afraid of them. He played like he loved them, in fact. I think that's the thing I missed and that's what the team needed in 2013. For all of Vereen's heroics in the Super Bowl, and he was every bit as special as they say in that game, he wasn't all that good all the time in the regular season. He'd have his games, but then he would not be much of a factor in other games. I can't remember if Woody had the occasional clunker, but I would not be shocked if someone says so, but he sure seemed a hell of a lot more what I'd call persistently productive than Vereen (if that makes sense).

Last edited:
He looks dangerous with the ball in his hands. I can't wait for him to hit a home run.
He could have had one on the swing pass that was just on his fingertips. Brady had to get it over the outstretched hands of Pitt's DE.

I am dion to see Lewis again. Seriously though he was fun, but he needs to hang onto the ball or white will come in and take his job.

Totally agree.
Please Lewis hang onto the ball. I hope Ridley is the last of that from BB (not that I agree or disagree with BB, however, it was ugly).

Totally agree.
Please Lewis hang onto the ball. I hope Ridley is the last of that from BB (not that I agree or disagree with BB, however, it was ugly).
Respect. But you're blaming BB for Ridley's fumbling?

He could have had one on the swing pass that was just on his fingertips. Brady had to get it over the outstretched hands of Pitt's DE.
TB shot daggers at Dion but looked to be out of reach.

TB shot daggers at Dion but looked to be out of reach.
I don't know how much I buy into that, personally. But I've only watched once so far. I'm actually about to put it on now. I'll edit this post when I see it again.

Yup. They damn sure could have. He showed up in the biggest games and in critical situations especially. He was never afraid of them. He played like he loved the them, in fact. I think that's the thing I missed and that's what the team needed in 2013. For all of Vereen's heroics in the Super Bowl, and he was every bit as special as they say in that game, he wasn't all that good all the time in the regular season. He'd have his games, but then he would not be much of a factor in other games. I can't remember if Woody had the occasional clunker, but I would not be shocked if someone says so, but he sure seemed a hell of a lot more what I'd call persistently productive than Vereen (if that makes sense).
Both were solid playoff performers.

They just needed guys to make plays without Gronk in the passing game and Wood could have.

I don't know how much I buy into that, personally. But I've only watched once so far. I'm actually about to put it on now. I'll edit this post when I see it again.
It was a cold stare.

Respect. But you're blaming BB for Ridley's fumbling?

No I'm not. Rereading my post it was poorly worded.
I was speaking of the general ugliness of Ridley being in the doghouse and constantly harped on about being a fumbler and BB having to be the bad guy. Fumbling was Ridley's own fault (though I believe it was overblown a but). But, IMHO, it was an ugly tough episode to watch BB put the kid into hell for the fumbles (again not saying it isn't right, I'm saying it was ugly).

The fact that Brady competed 78% of his passes for 4 tds and complaint about 3 passes that should've been completed? That's insane for Brady to be throwin that well and some think/ or he should of had completed 28 passes for a % of 87.5. That's insane!

Add some ridiculous yardage numbers on those 3 misses too, Dion probably had 50 according to those who had more of an eagle eye view, the shot to Edelman I believe was from around the 30, and I missed the Amendola play while working, though, so can't comment, but I do recall hearing it was a deep shot.

Imagine if it was really 400 yards with 87.5% completion and 4 TDs? A few inches of ball placement away from that. This offense is ready.

With Blount out and Gray let go, Lewis was the best option for game 1. He had a better preseason rushing then the remaining running backs. Still with Blount back, it's hard to predict with any accuracy what Lewis role will be going forward. I still think White and Cadet will be given a chance to see what they can do. I was a Gray fan and that didn't pan out very well but I am still rooting for Lewis.

I was ready to open the thread "Extend the BEAST XXVIII"

With Blount out and Gray let go, Lewis was the best option for game 1. He had a better preseason rushing then the remaining running backs. Still with Blount back, it's hard to predict with any accuracy what Lewis role will be going forward. I still think White and Cadet will be given a chance to see what they can do. I was a Gray fan and that didn't pan out very well but I am still rooting for Lewis.

I think Lewis will maintain a very similar role but with Blount returning the offense will be more Run/Pass balanced.

He'll probably stay a 10 carry 5+ reception guy every game, which is perfect. Let Blount get the 15 carry role, especially late.

I just don't want to see Bolden carry the ball, I can't believe we're still saying that after 2 consecutive seasons AND a season opener filled with 1 yard runs. The guy is trash as a power back, mediocre at best receiver, the only thing saving him from Bequette treatment is his very good special teams play, especially on the punt-rush unit.

No I'm not. Rereading my post it was poorly worded.
I was speaking of the general ugliness of Ridley being in the doghouse and constantly harped on about being a fumbler and BB having to be the bad guy. Fumbling was Ridley's own fault (though I believe it was overblown a but). But, IMHO, it was an ugly tough episode to watch BB put the kid into hell for the fumbles (again not saying it isn't right, I'm saying it was ugly).
Oh, gotcha. I see now.

Dion Lewis is an example of what makes the Patriots so great, when he entered the NFL Lewis was just 21 years old with only 2 years of college experience. If he played out his college career and developed himself he would be entering his 2nd NFL season just like say a Bryan Stork. The Patriots saw an opportunity to sign an underdeveloped player to a futures contract and develop him into the player he could be.

They did the same thing with Siliga a few years ago, another player who entered the NFL earlier than he should have.

The combo of Blount and Lewis should be lethal.

On a side note, I have to admit that I was wrong about Bolden, he is a great ST player but he is limited as a RB.

Our best RB since Dillon. Mini-Lesean McCoy. #Homerism

Honestly he could become our Warrick Dunn.

Add some ridiculous yardage numbers on those 3 misses too, Dion probably had 50 according to those who had more of an eagle eye view, the shot to Edelman I believe was from around the 30, and I missed the Amendola play while working, though, so can't comment, but I do recall hearing it was a deep shot.

Imagine if it was really 400 yards with 87.5% completion and 4 TDs? A few inches of ball placement away from that. This offense is ready.

I think if anything, a normal day for him consists of a few more mistakes. 78%, 4 TD, 0 INT is nothing to scoff at. I can't remember a game where he made every single deep ball, and that's perfectly fine. These hypotheticals just seem less realistic to me than they do to others, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST