PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Maroney get benched last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Maroney got benched last night

Yea, I guess when Vrabel was seen Yawning on the sidelines a few games back that was a bad thing, right? I mean, if it's a bad sign for Maroney then...

Here's the deal, we've already got a sh*tload of Maroney threads on this board, and Danny has already created a bunch of them, where he basically says the same sh*t over and over again. Personally, I don't understand the need for all these new threads, and think some of these Maroney dissapointment threads should be merged, especially the ones created by Danny. This might be the lest time I post in a Maroney related thread, as I'm starting to get rather sick of the discussion.

I am getting wanred for insulting member's after they call me names first. This sight it unreal.

My god some of the posters here are big time homers. I said lets keep this civil , and in comes da bruinz calling me a idiot and a fool. Then I get warned?

Last edited:
so no top 5? just cant stand the uncertainty? I respect that. when we lose a game, Ill be back to continue this. until then, you take care.

I don't know what your point is but how about top 5 in the AFC East to start?

Brown, Lynch, Jones in some order and then the rest
Morris, Chapman, Washington, Thomas, Maroney is whatever order you want.

I don't know if they are the top RBs, but here are the ones I would rather have:
LT, Larry Johnson, Stephen Jackson, Gore, Addai, Parker, Jones-Drew, Peterson, McGahee, Westbrook, Portis, James, Alexander, Jacobs, Jordan, Dunn, Bush, Taylor, etc., etc.

All this being said, it doesn't matter. We can't go back and re-draft players, the trading deadline is gone, it is what it is. BB has clearly decided to put the game in the hands of his best player(s), if our 5th or 6th best offensive weapon doesn't get touches then who cares. He may not rush for 2,000 yards but I bet he makes a couple of plays that help the team win, even Bethel Johnson made some clutch plays. Getting W's is all that is important.

okay we get it u dont like maroney, but he'll have to do till he breaks.

not a big fan but is tiki available?

i wonder if he would play the rest of the year for a couple sticks of gum and a dollar, for a ring.

i wonder if he would play the rest of the year for a couple sticks of gum and a dollar, for a ring.

Maybe. I suspect Tiki is having more fun shooting his mouth off , and hanging out with chicks on am news shows talking potery and tampons.

funny how u think its his fault. me watching game thought lineman got beat. So did Thomase

funny how u think its his fault. me watching game thought lineman got beat. So did Thomase

Hey the president of the maroney fan club. Hows the membership numbers these days?

How much is Maroney do to make over his career?

Last edited:
Hey the president of the maroney fan club. Hows the membership numbers these days?

hey. hows pulling the bandwagon. Do you actually watch the game or just look at stats? Thanks for answering, your biggest fan

-Remix

i like maroney but dam just hit the ****** hole this aint dancin with the stars.

I am getting wanred for insulting member's after they call me names first. This sight it unreal.

My god some of the posters here are big time homers. I said lets keep this civil , and in comes da bruinz calling me a idiot and a fool. Then I get warned?

You throw backhanded insults at people then claim you want to keep it civil? You call people homers just becaue they actually look at ALL the facts and don't subscribe to your limited view of the situation and have a differing opinion than you. Then you cry when they lash out at you? And you cry because you get warned and assume no one else might have been warned?

Man, you are either a psycho or so full of yourself that you believe your garbage doesn't stink.

You sit there and talk out your arse cherry picking information and when you are confronted with real facts, you don't bother to answer. As you proved when confronted with the facts when you claimed that most of the yardage the Pat have gained was done in garbage time.

Weren't you the guy who just complained about people not being civil even though you weren't being civil to start with.. BTW, long before I entered the thread.

That's right, I am calling this kid a BUST. Flat out. Would he be a BUST if he was a 4th or 5th rd pick? No.

A 22 year-old player is a bust. So tell me, what would that make Darren McFadden, the 20 year old runningback you covet if he doesn't become a world beater in his first two years? I can name you a ton of players who would have been busts under this condition.

However, how can anyone say this kid is NOT a BUST for his performance after 22 games as the #21 pick in the entire draft?

There is something called a learning curve. The learning curve, or the time it takes an individual to learn something, varies.

In case people have forgotten, this kid is a RUNNING BACK. Without question, running back is by far the easiest position to come into this league and make an impact.

You are right. There is no learning curve for anyone. From day one he should have rushed for 1000 yards.

Not only does Maroney fail to make an IMPACT in ANY GAME whatsoever, but what does this guy do that screams "I have the potential to be a difference maker"?

Maybe it's the flashes of brilliance he showed last year before he got injured, when he was dodging and breaking tackles and busting out for long gains?

Let's cut the BS. Just because the Pats may go down as the greatest team ever doesn't mean fans like me can't call out Maroney. I said it and I stand by it. The kid is a BUST.

Why don't you cut the BS because right now you're showing you have no real understanding of pro sports.

Last edited:

Some critics of his running style believe he tap dances too much. Maroney shrugs off the commentary.

“I didn’t try to hide my running style. (The Patriots) knew my running style before they drafted me,” he said. “They drafted me because of my running style and what I was able to do on the collegiate level. I feel I shouldn’t have to change because one person feels like I dance too much, or one person feels like I should do this more. That ain’t what got me here. I feel like I’m going to continue to do what got me here.”

Seems pretty reasonable to me. Where do you see anything against the team there? Looks like he's talking about mindless critics, of which there are many.

IMHO this answer of Maroney shows his immaturity. Does he not want the Pats coaching staff to improve his running style? Go Pats. Go Maroney,:rocker:

There is something called a learning curve. The learning curve, or the time it takes an individual to learn something, varies.

There's also something called instinct and field vision and Maroney doesn't seem to possess a whole lot of either.
He's got the speed and he's got the size to be a 1,000 + yd back in the NFL.
Question is does he have those "intangibles" which will make him a difference maker?
Haven't seen it yet and what's troubling is that you can't teach a player "instinct" for the game. You either have it or you don't.
Maroney is not a bust as an NFL player at all but he most certainly has not shown he was worthy of being a first round draft choice.

Last edited:
hey. hows pulling the bandwagon. Do you actually watch the game or just look at stats? Thanks for answering, your biggest fan

-Remix

Bandwagon? Pot meet Kettle!

Of course I watched LoMo. I watched Maroney run like crap vs the bills last week. Then I watched him get benched. Proof in the puddin. Maroney is "injured" but does not know about his own injury. Tells the media he is not injured. He is walking fine and not on the injury report.

He was riding the pine!

Last edited:
Weren't you the guy who just complained about people not being civil even though you weren't being civil to start with.. BTW, long before I entered the thread.

Nope. I dont mind joking. I was joking about the "Maroney fan club". You call people idiots and morons if they don't agree with you. Here have an example :D I was getting warned for responding to your tough guy posts. Although you got warned to so I don't care.

Hey Da Bruinz you seem pretty angry hahaah. Look how fired up you get! I bet you smash keyboards left in right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny88
This says it all. The fact you actually thought this up says a lot about you. Maroney is injury prone.

I never said maroney was a bust. I was stating my opinion about Maroney. Fine you dont agree.

One thing is certain. You are going to have a heart attack. Calm down pal.

Coming from the imbecile who claims I said Meriweather was a fellon (your incorrect spelling, not mine), forgive me if I laugh at you and continue to think you are clueless.

BTW, in the post you quoted, I didn't say you claimed Maroney was a bust. Yes, you are stating your BS flawed opinion over and over again. This is the 4th or 5th thread you rehashed the same BS and totally ignored the big picture.

OH, you are the one who thought up the ball washing comments. I am just using your own stupidity against you.

Da Bruinz

Last edited:

Wow, I thought Maroney was benched.

Then I saw it was just another hack job by the inside trolls. I think the two major hacks here are made of ass.

You mean you now think that he was yanked because of the lead? If you read Laurence's comments you'll notice an absence of good humor, or recognition of the notion of being yanked because of the lead. He never said that and he left it WIDE OPEN to figure out what was going on.

There was no such "sound" in his voice. He did nothing to dispell the strangeness of the event. That (pounding it against the Bills) was *exactly* the situation for a feature back. Where was our feature back?

Oh, we're "saving" him? Saving him for what? He's a feature back with six carries and we're saving him? His whole problem is that he doesn't ever get enough carries to be considered a feature back. Why not? Why do other guys constantly get the ball over this kid?

Then come the diapers, but we won't go into that because it could get a little harder for you to explain after a game where he got benched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe