PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Maroney get benched last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Maroney got benched last night

You throw backhanded insults at people then claim you want to keep it civil? You call people homers just becaue they actually look at ALL the facts and don't subscribe to your limited view of the situation and have a differing opinion than you. Then you cry when they lash out at you? And you cry because you get warned and assume no one else might have been warned?

Man, you are either a psycho or so full of yourself that you believe your garbage doesn't stink.

You sit there and talk out your arse cherry picking information and when you are confronted with real facts, you don't bother to answer. As you proved when confronted with the facts when you claimed that most of the yardage the Pat have gained was done in garbage time.

Not true. I call people homers that are homers. Or after I hear certain people talking about how Maroney is a top nfl back. Please, haha. In your mind maroney can do no wrong, and all the criticism leveled against him is "inaccurate". Not only is that false , its laughable. There are plenty of people who agree with me on this site regarding maroney.

Stop making things up da bruinz. We can all tell by your rage filled posts you are very insecure. I mean honestly if you don't agree with me don't respond. You fly off the handle if anyone dares say anything negative about anything patriots.. It is pretty weird.

Last edited:
A 22 year-old player is a bust. So tell me, what would that make Darren McFadden, the 20 year old runningback you covet if he doesn't become a world beater in his first two years? I can name you a ton of players who would have been busts under this condition.

There is something called a learning curve. The learning curve, or the time it takes an individual to learn something, varies.

You are right. There is no learning curve for anyone. From day one he should have rushed for 1000 yards.

Maybe it's the flashes of brilliance he showed last year before he got injured, when he was dodging and breaking tackles and busting out for long gains?

Why don't you cut the BS because right now you're showing you have no real understanding of pro sports.

LOL! Learning curve????????????? A 1st Rd running back that is drafted to play immediately needs a learning curve? Running back is by far the easiest position to come in and make a huge impact. There is no debate on that. Wow, the excuses for Glass remind me of the Drew Bozo days and all the excuses we had to endure for that plug's miserable performances week after week after week. The kid is a BUST because he is not seriously hurt(he is not on the injury report) and consistently fails to make any kind of standout impact whe he gets the rock. 3 yards left. 5 yards right, 5 yards left, 4 yards right. That's all we ever see from this guy. He is not special. He is a BUST.

Last edited:
And for the record, my definition of a BUST is any 1st Rd pick that doesn't come close to the expectations that were expected of him. You simply do NOT draft running backs #21 overall in the draft, put him on the greatest offense ever assembled, and see him proceed to have a long run of 19, 1 TD, and ZERO 100 yard games. He also has ZERO impact in the passing game as he has 2 receptions on the year. Fellas, do you HONESTLY think we drafted this guy to give us this MEDIOCRE production? Puhleaze. This guy has not a single ONE special skill. He has the size and speed. That is it. No vision. No toughness. No power. The kid is always dancing. For a player darfted #21, he is a BUST.

Learning curve? This kid is a first round draft choice. It is week ten of year two. Time to do SOMETHING.

Learning curve? This kid is a first round draft choice. It is week ten of year two. Time to do SOMETHING.

Don't worry Danny, he's saving his best for the super bowl. That's when we'll get to see the REAL LoMo. Then again, when he only gets about 6 carries that game we will get told by the Maroney toadies that BB is saving him for next season. :rolleyes:

Don't worry Danny, he's saving his best for the super bowl. That's when we'll get to see the REAL LoMo. Then again, when he only gets about 6 carries that game we will get told by the Maroney toadies that BB is saving him for next season. :rolleyes:

I don't get how people can not be concerned at this point. Here we are, week 10 of year two and Maroney is still leaving a lot to be desired.

The worst excuse is the "we are saving him" crap. Oh please , the kid got benched last week. Came in ,ran like crap, then got benched.

Hey Maroney so you hurt? hows the foot? Maroney : What foot? I'm not hurt.

Then the injury report comes out. Maroney is not on it.

He got benched!

Last edited:
We all are disappointed with Maroney's lack of production thus far. However, the rational people here know that not every player performs greatly right off the bat. Some of us are willing to be patient and give the kid more time to develop.

We all are disappointed with Maroney's lack of production thus far. However, the rational people here know that not every player performs greatly right off the bat. Some of us are willing to be patient and give the kid more time to develop.

Thats not true. Several people on this website claim Maroney is a top back , and any criticism of him is insanity.

I agree things can take time. But it is game eleven of year two.

I dont think we should give up on maroney. But I do think we should draft a back in the second or third round next year.

If maroney continues to play this way , he will not be worth his contract.

Last edited:
This kid has been given the keys to the car(A Ferarri to boot!) and has proceeded to drive 50 mph in the slow speed lane. This kid has the luxury of running behind the best o-line in football and against defenses that are scared to death of the passing game and play back to defend it, thus giving Maroney more room to run. And with all that, this kid still can't make an impact. Really, has this kid made an impact in any game this season? Has he made one BIG PLAY all season??????????? I mean, this kid is a 3rd or 4th rd pick masquerading as a 1st rd pick. If this kid was a 3rd or 4th rd pick, than I would have no problem with the guy. I would look at him like he is......... a nice 10-12 carry, backup running back. However, he was the first running back taken in the ENTIRE DRAFT, #21 overall, and he plays like this??????? Sorry, but this is just not good enough. Plus, on top of all of it, this kid doesn't seem willing to listen to his coaches and change his style of running. He claims if it was good enough to get him drafted and the Pats liked it out of college, than they should be happy with it now? This kid is a big baby. Put high heel pumps on this kid. :mad:

LOL! Learning curve????????????? A

In this case, yes, there is, I think, a learning curve. Unless I'm way off he has a running style that does not suit this system, and he's resisting taking on the new style. Or he just can't. Or something.

Maybe his learning curve is about how to take a leap and let his coaches guide him into a running style that he believes is not in his best interest. Maybe he has to overcome letting go of what worked in college for what might not work in the pros.

I don't think he's handling it. If he was handling it there would not be six lousy carries against the Bills during pound-time, and diapers in the closet.

Who here is claiming he is a top back?

Look, Bill Belichick and the offensive coaching staff recognize where Maroney needs to improve. They are a great staff and will coach Maroney through his problems. We know this kid can run the football; I mean, I saw him gash the Redskins this year. But don't be surprised if you see Maroney running with alittle more authority and confidence anytime soon. What we have in this kid potentially is a finesse back who can wear out a defense with his ability to find a seem cut back. And yes, he can power it through the line when asked. And he is a threat in the passing game. But, it will take an adjustment on both ends (the staff and the player) to get the best out of him.

I do agree we need to take a back in the draft as we are getting old and thin at the position.

Look, Bill Belichick and the offensive coaching staff recognize where Maroney needs to improve. They are a great staff and will coach Maroney through his problems. We know this kid can run the football; I mean, I saw him gash the Redskins this year. But don't be surprised if you see Maroney running with alittle more authority and confidence anytime soon. What we have in this kid potentially is a finesse back who can wear out a defense with his ability to find a seem cut back. And yes, he can power it through the line when asked. And he is a threat in the passing game. But, it will take an adjustment on both ends (the staff and the player) to get the best out of him.

I do agree we need to take a back in the draft as we are getting old and thin at the position.

He's a threat in the passing game? 2 receptions this year is a threat? Oh, I get it, the coaches view him as their "secret weapon". They are just waiting for the right time to bust it out and use it. :rolleyes:

He got benched!

I thought he looked good on the sideline. I thought he provided extra film to analyze for opposing DCs because of the way he shifted his weight from one foot to the other. He struck fear into the hearts of the ants in the turf near the bench. Do you realize how intimidating that is to the ants? They'll remember him next year. Next year the ants will game plan him.

What do you think about the kid from Oregon?

What is it with you and action?

Action, action, action. Is that all you want?

This is the new NFL. We don't need action. We need beliefs.

I thought he looked good on the sideline. I thought he provided extra film to analyze for opposing DCs because of the way he shifted his weight from one foot to the other. He struck fear into the hearts of the ants in the turf near the bench. Do you realize how intimidating that is to the ants? They'll remember him next year. Next year the ants will game plan him.

Haha that was a good one. I dont know what happened? Remember the cinci game last year? He looked unreal.

What is it with you and action?

Action, action, action. Is that all you want?

This is the new NFL. We don't need action. We need beliefs.

Action? No. This is a first round draft choice. We could get the production he is giving us for much less. Pick wise and contract wise.

He's a threat in the passing game? 2 receptions this year is a threat? Oh, I get it, the coaches view him as their "secret weapon". They are just waiting for the right time to bust it out and use it.

Yes, Maroney is capable in the passing game. bowever, do yout hink that his low reception numbers could be because we have Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Watson, and Faulk? Not to mention Maroney does average 18.5 yards per reception. Why can't he be a threat?

And no, I do not believe in this secret weapon BS. If Belichick knows a player is ready he will use him. Clearly, Maroney needs more coaching.

What do you think about the kid from Oregon?

I'm not sure. I haven't watched much of him.

First of all let's back up to draft day. Who claimed he was a top back at that time? Pioli and Belichick. Who do you pick in the first round - a project?

Now let's fast forward to now. Who is claiming he's a top back now? Nobody. Absolutely zero, and below zero, nobody.

And that is the problem. You see the problem now?

Who do I think we should draft? A fourth rounder. Screw this first round running back crap. Let's get good LBs and safeties or backups for the fat guys. Let's insure success in the trenches. I'm in favor of trading down to get the hell out of the super star business and get back to basics. We have enough super stars to create another galaxy.

OTOH, I don't know how many backup positions are reasonable at this point. The team is so stocked that we might as well trade off to the future for a few picks.

If I had to pick a RB it would be one with a bigger body who is considered to be durable and runs down hill. Screw this hitting a homer business. Who the hell needs homers that never happen? How about a double once in a while? That would be nice.

First of all let's back up to draft day. Who claimed he was a top back at that time? Pioli and Belichick. Who do you pick in the first round - a project?

Every player you draft is someone you think can have top potential.

Now let's fast forward to now. Who is claiming he's a top back now? Nobody. Absolutely zero, and below zero, nobody.

And that is the problem. You see the problem now?

Or maybe it's that Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli have more wisdom than all of us, and somehow they know from experience that even 1st round picks need time to develop? Nahhh..

Screw this hitting a homer business

Or maybe, they can get a homer-hitter and teach him to hit singles and doubles so that in the future, he can be a single/double hitter with home-run ability? Like say...Willie Parker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe