PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Maroney get benched last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is scary how bad some of these homers are. Maroney is not a BUST imo. He is well on his way though.

I hear ya, but I'm already firmly in the "The Kid is a BUST" bus. I'll hold a seat for ya.:D

Why? You are going to talk about maroneys ypc avg. Which is moot since he plays in a O that is far superior to anything in the NFL. Aside from the colts who have a back who rips it up every week.

Top 5. gimme one. why is this so hard?

I hear ya, but I'm already firmly in the "The Kid is a BUST" bus. I'll hold a seat for ya.:D

I've never seen two Patriot "fans" hope that one of their players is a bust more than the two of you, while at the same time praising a player from another team.

Felger went to the "Ron Borges" school of journalism. Connect the dots.

Anyone who doesn't say 100% positive things about the Pats is a "Ron Borges" in the eyes of pats homer nation. Did you read the Herald today? Felger couldn't have praised the pats any more. The guy states his opinions and he's ok in my book. A little smug for my taste, but he's not a hater or homer.

It's official folks.

We now like Felger.:rolleyes:

I am not talking about everyone. I am talking about people who call people idiots or spaz out because someone called a guy out who should be called out. There is plenty of proof to back the things I am saying about Maroney.

According to you I am a jets fan since I think Maroney has been a disappointment, YOU are a homer. Just like Da Bruinz and all the other homer brigade.

Insecure much? I said the homers. Anyone who is not a homer would not think that pertained to them. Did I say everyone? Nope , thats what I thought :cool:

Last edited:
Anyone who doesn't say 100% positive things about the Pats is a "Ron Borges" in the eyes of pats homer nation. Did you read the Herald today? Felger couldn't have praised the pats any more. The guy states his opinions and he's ok in my book. A little smug for my taste, but he's not a hater or homer.

Don't worry. I'm sure the rest (just danny) of the real "fans" will see it your way.
Felger has been known to go on tiraids just like Borges did in the past.
To say he's changed his tune because he likes what he sees is laughable.
It has everything to do with how dominate the team has been.

I am not talking about everyone. I am talking about people who call people idiots or spaz out because someone called a guy out who should be called out. There is plenty of proof to back the things I am saying about Maroney.

According to you I am a jets fan since I think Maroney has been a disappointment, YOU are a homer. Just like Da Bruinz and all the other homer brigade.

Insecure much? I said the homers. Anyone who is not a homer would not think that pertained to them. Did I say everyone? Nope , thats what I thought :cool:

Fine. Anyone who feels the need to start a thread every week about the same damn thing is a hater.
Insecure much?
You are a hater.
Deal with it.:cool:

Last edited:
Don't worry. I'm sure the rest (just danny) of the real "fans" will see it your way.
Felger has been known to go on tiraids just like Borges did in the past.
To say he's changed his tune because he likes what he sees is laughable.
It has everything to do with how dominate the team has been.

So jmann who are the fair journalists out there? Tell us

Like I said last week. Trade his ***** (however, he does hurt his value every game he plays) to Denver for a 2nd rounder and draft McFadden with SF's pick. I can't stand watching him carry the ball any more. Look how hard Evans and Eckel hit the hole last night, and compare that to Maroney. If we can trade Maroney, we can draft McFadden while having picks to build our D. Everybody talks about our tremendous homefield advantage once the weather gets bad. With Maroney in our backfield, I feel this could possibly end up being a disadvantage. We can't afford any of the classic NE snow games with the backfield we currently have.

Not a single one of you slackers, or your stinkin' aliases, is willing to offer up a top 5 of NFL RBs. weak minded knuckleheads. if youre gonna try to hammer, be ready to go the distance.

Like I said last week. Trade his ***** (however, he does hurt his value every game he plays) to Denver for a 2nd rounder and draft McFadden with SF's pick. I can't stand watching him carry the ball any more. Look how hard Evans and Eckel hit the hole last night, and compare that to Maroney. If we can trade Maroney, we can draft McFadden while having picks to build our D. Everybody talks about our tremendous homefield advantage once the weather gets bad. With Maroney in our backfield, I feel this could possibly end up being a disadvantage. We can't afford any of the classic NE snow games with the backfield we currently have.

I'm with ya brother. I'm with ya. I would respect this kid more if he took the damm ball and hit the hole HARD! But, no, he sits back and hesitates for a split second each and every time. It aggravates me to no end. I can just imagine wht the o-line thinks of this kid's running style. :mad:

I'm gonna say this and be done with all this "bust" ****.

Maroney is not a bust.
BB and pioli know more than you.
You will all be convinced he is a bust, no matter what he does from here on out and are quite content to run him out of town.
Forget it, he's not going anywhere, and the sooner you all can deal with it, the sooner you can start enjoying watching football, rather than b1tching after every game.

Re: Maroney got benched last night

are we really breaking down the yawn watch in these blowouts now? can we not just enjoy every single aspect of this legendary season without picking apart every perceived weakness. criticizing this team at this point is like criticizing Sophia Loren for farting when she was 12.

Yea, I guess when Vrabel was seen Yawning on the sidelines a few games back that was a bad thing, right? I mean, if it's a bad sign for Maroney then...

Here's the deal, we've already got a sh*tload of Maroney threads on this board, and Danny has already created a bunch of them, where he basically says the same sh*t over and over again. Personally, I don't understand the need for all these new threads, and think some of these Maroney dissapointment threads should be merged, especially the ones created by Danny. This might be the lest time I post in a Maroney related thread, as I'm starting to get rather sick of the discussion.

Not a single one of you slackers, or your stinkin' aliases, is willing to offer up a top 5 of NFL RBs. weak minded knuckleheads. if youre gonna try to hammer, be ready to go the distance.

Dude, how is that relevant? Why are we going to start comparing Maroney to guys that he is nowhere near as good as? That would be like comparing Tom Brady to Alex Smith. Pointless. Maroney is not and will never be a top 5 back in this league.

Dude, how is that relevant? Why are we going to start comparing Maroney to guys that he is nowhere near as good as? That would be like comparing Tom Brady to Alex Smith. Pointless. Maroney is not and will never be a top 5 back in this league.

no comparisons required. Maroney is not a top 5 RB. Im not looking to insult anyone with a nugget like that. gimme a 5.

no comparisons required. Maroney is not a top 5 RB. Im not looking to insult anyone with a nugget like that. gimme a 5.

What's that movie where the guy says "You can't handle the truth!!!"? That line applies to the Maroney homers. It couldn't be more obvious that this kid is NOT WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS if Dennis Green said it himself. To think that we were actually debating if this kid was better than Addai last year is absolutely emabarrasing now. Almost as embarassing as the Jets homers who used to think Pennington was better than Brady.

Last edited:
What's that movie where the guy says "You can't handle the truth!!!"? That line applies to the Maroney homers. It couldn't be more obvious that this kid is NOT WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS if Dennis Green said it himself. To think that we were actually debating if this kid was better than Addai last year is absolutely emabarrasing now. Almost as embarassing as the Jets homers who used to think Pennington was better than Brady.

so no top 5? just cant stand the uncertainty? I respect that. when we lose a game, Ill be back to continue this. until then, you take care.

I'm willing to predict if we lose a game this year, it will be because of Lawrence Maroney. Right now we are crushing teams with a historical passing attack. Nobody even cares if we run the ball, and still Maroney makes no impact. The only thing that could contain our passing attack is the weather, and if that happens, we are in trouble. From what we've seen, there is no way we can rely on Maroney if we have to. Go back to last year. When we had to, we relied on a way past his prime Corey Dillon rather that go to Maroney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes