PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Derrick Burgess is a Friggin Stiff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling BB wasn't too keen on Burgess' surprise retirement and subsequent personal introspection.

Pretty much the most anti-Patriot move one could make if done without prior approval.

Just another in a long line of players seemingly without a true passion for the game. Wait... this might be the number one Pats no-no.

All conjecture and circumstantial evidence of course.

Anyway, you've got to love the NFL and these cutthroat player contract rules. Also gotta credit BB for laughing in the face of the Peter Principle, once again.

An overpay at the time of the trade. An overpay today. Not desperate, so much IMO. More so, just bad evaluation.

I'm just saying it is short sighted to single out one position. It is part of an overall building of a team and there are never enough resources to fill every need,

Don't want to go on, since i don't think we disagree. I'm not talking about the overall development. How can you improve a position without improving that position?

There was an old commercial for oil changes or something, where the mechanic says"You can pay me now, or pay me later. The Patriots had time to develop something for the future and ended up spending maybe more and still ending up with a total question mark at OLB.

I was happy they drafted Crable, signed AD, even hopeful Burgess would succeed.

However, as an overall plan, given they knew their OLBs were all getting old, as we all do, they paid a lot with little to show for it.

3rd for Crable, 3rd and a 5th for Burgess, big contract, leaving a big hole for AD already!

7th for TBC, with two years experience elsewhere and a gift return was luck, but I'll take it. Hopeful for Cunningham and that 2nd.

My only point is, they could have drafted and/or acquired young to mid career De/OLB tweeners to train and they did not. Their roster was in no way that tight.

For the price of a few tuneups, they ended up with the blown engine.

Hopeful for Crable, which is a pretty pitiful commentary right there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back