PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Sanders on NFLN: KC Chiefs will Defeat the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
One reason why there's suddenly a Chiefs bandwagon is because no one paid attention while they won 11 games in a row. I don't think I've ever seen a team go on such an incredible run after going 1-5 with so little fanfare.

The Chiefs are very good, and Alex Smith has become more than just a game manager, but I don't expect Brady to throw 4 INTs and let the ball slip out of his hands for an unforced fumble. Hoyer was worse than atrocious. The Pats could come out breathing fire, but I expect this to be a close game.

It's going to be interesting to monitor the Maclin injury. He would be a huge loss for KC if he can't play.
KC has a really good defense, so being at full strength on Offense will be important. Should be a hard fought game and hopefully we come out on top!!!!
If Maclin plays, it won't be at full speed (at least a sprain). Doubt he plays. And Houston, shadow of his normal ferocious self.

No surprises here....this will be a very popular prediction this week.....for many reasons Pats will not be the favorite throughout rest of playoffs and if they survive....The SB
Do you really think New England will be underdogs if they reach the Superbowl? I'll believe it when I see it! I think the lines will be pretty even against Arizona or Carolina!

From what I've been reading on Chiefs Planet. Those dumba$ses think our D is weak and don't even consider it a threat to their chances. I believe the D will be the catalyst we will finally need them to be come playoffs.

Deoin's alright by me. He doesn't get caught up in hype and generally gives credit when it's due. Usually speaks very highly of the Patriots.

Any neutral would be crazy to back the Patriots based on current form.

Then again any neutral would be crazy not to back the Patriots in the playoffs.

So I don't know who's crazy in this cray world anymore.

A lot of people are picking the Chiefs. They should, based on what we've seen of the Pats lately. That said, this should be the Pats team of the first half of the season. The Pats just need to prepare for a tough test. As long as they do that, Edelman comes back, and the OL pulls their heads out of their asses, they should win this one.

The Chiefs have a good defense, and they have an effective if unspectacular offense. They play low risk and value ball security. Our offense will have to click and play really well if we're to win this one.

This is what happens when you lay down to Miami in the final game of the year. You end up losing HFA and facing a hot team that is much tougher to beat, than those sorry overrated Steelers.

I would be lying if I said I'm not worried about KC's defense. Offensively, we have sucked since Edelman's injury and McDaniels has been embarrassing at best, when it comes to calling plays that makes any dang sense. We can discuss how easy KC's schedule was, but our offense, this season, has made scrubs look legit for a week. It's easy to blame LaFell or the O-line, but I'm looking at McDaniels. His playcalling has been plain suspect this season. Awful.

However... I will leave the next part out, because no-one wants to hear it, just know that I expect us to win, assuming KC sticks to the plan.

Chiefs can certainly win that game, why do people lose their minds here when someone doesn't pick the Patriots? Having said that, Patriots are and should be the favorites.
Plus, with all the support Deion (and Irvin) have given the Patriots/Brady throughout the latest ordeal, I give him a pass for speaking his mind and not being contrary just because he has an agenda.

This is what happens when you lay down to Miami in the final game of the year. You end up losing HFA and facing a hot team that is much tougher to beat, than those sorry overrated Steelers.

I would be lying if I said I'm not worried about KC's defense. Offensively, we have sucked since Edelman's injury and McDaniels has been embarrassing at best, when it comes to calling plays that makes any dang sense. We can discuss how easy KC's schedule was, but our offense, this season, has made scrubs look legit for a week. It's easy to blame LaFell or the O-line, but I'm looking at McDaniels. His playcalling has been plain suspect this season. Awful.

However... I will leave the next part out, because no-one wants to hear it, just know that I expect us to win, assuming KC sticks to the plan.
So you assume if we had HFA and beaten the fins, steelers wouldve won last nite and jets wouldve still lost to buffalo and ben wouldve gotten injured we would be facing steelers.
Looks like you are already scapegoating mcdaniels who has played with a mash unit almost all season.

Plus, with all the support Deion (and Irvin) have given the Patriots/Brady throughout the latest ordeal, I give him a pass for speaking his mind and not being contrary just because he has an agenda.
Looks like according to another poster, he was saying they 'will lose next week though' about the chiefs. Maybe the OP misheard. We always like hearing perceived/actual slights and getting enraged about them.

A lot of people are picking the Chiefs. They should, based on what we've seen of the Pats lately. That said, this should be the Pats team of the first half of the season. The Pats just need to prepare for a tough test. As long as they do that, Edelman comes back, and the OL pulls their heads out of their asses, they should win this one.

Idk about all that but I expect to see a better performance than what I've been seeing the last several weeks. If not, we will lose. Its that simple. I can't wait to see how edelman looks.

Just saying, is someone really a "hater" or being dumb if they pick a team that has won 11 in a row over a team that's lost four of their last six? I think the Pats win but certainly will not be stunned if they don't.

Puzzled @ the first line: did any of the posters (prior to your comment) call Deion a 'hater' or accuse him of being dumb just because he chose KC?

Even if you are not alluding to Deion, I am still puzzled why someone has to be tagged as dumb/hater just because he/she picks against us. As Ken pointed out, perfectly reasonable for non-haters and non-dumb fans to pick against the Pats.

Agree completely with the second line. :)

GO PATS!!

Pats lost 4 of the last 6. Chiefs have won 11 in a row. If I wasn't a Patriots fan, I'd pick Kansas City to win, too.

Post-season:

Patriots 0-0
Chiefs 1-0

The Chiefs are damn good. As good as anyone in the AFC. They'll be a popular pick especially because the NE offensive line sucks. I would caution everyone to take yesterday's domination of the Texans' offense with a grain of salt though. The Pats did the same thing in Houston, and nearly sent Hoyer home in a body bag. I think it'll be a great game, and I'll be rooting for KC against PIT/DEN should they prevail. Likeable team, coach, QB, fan base.

From what I've been reading on Chiefs Planet. Those dumba$ses think our D is weak and don't even consider it a threat to their chances. I believe the D will be the catalyst we will finally need them to be come playoffs.

kc's offense is ****. if hoyer wasn't a bum they would of won yesterday. lol

anyway..listening to our pal tommy jackson talk about the chiefs. you can tell that he's all in on KC.
such a biased piece of trash

The Patriots absolutely needed the bye week, but no one can argue that the opposing team has an advantage for at least the first qtr. in these post bye-week games. The Patriots need to come out fired up and press the advantage from the start. Stop jabbing and start throwing haymakers. Blitzes, come out throwing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back