PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Sanders on NFLN: KC Chiefs will Defeat the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should they even bother playing the game now???

No, there's no "or not" in this.

You'd be wrong.

Even looking at yardage,

Patriots OPIs include:
Martin's on a 28 yard gain
Gronk on a 20 yard gain
Gronk on a 20 yard gain

Last edited:
Good matchup, should be a really tough game for the Patriots. At least it's in Foxboro so hf won't be an issue as Arrohead is a ***** to win at. Hopefully the Foxboro crowd gets it sh.t together and makes life tough for KC's offense.

It's tough to keep long winning steaks alive in the playoffs and i think this a a patriot team that will be prepped and ready for the Chefs. Tough game, but the Patriot's can win it and move on. Brady , Edelman and Hightower will will them through it.

Last edited:
Without stupid turnovers I think we will comfortably win by 10. The line is ridiculous and I am looking forward to taking advantage of it.

Can't help but think that Pats offense has been vanilla for several weeks now with all of the injuries. Since Lewis left in Week 9 and JE in week 10, the offense has averaged 23 ppg. There isn't a lot of film on our offense with all of the players back (minus Lewis and assuming Jackson replaces Blount). I suspect the Pats have new plays ready for the playoffs, similar to last year against the Ravens. Pats win in a close one.

The pundits love picking the hot team and no team has been hotter than KC...

It's not unreasonable for people to pick the Chiefs this week. The strength of their team matches up well with what has been the achilles heel of this team for the better part of 2 months. Solder has shown just how important he is to the Offensive Line. That said, I expect a different Patriots to show up. I can't believe they don't have a few shots left to fire that have been tucked away for the playoffs. Who saw the formations coming last year?

It's not unreasonable for people to pick the Chiefs this week. The strength of their team matches up well with what has been the achilles heel of this team for the better part of 2 months. Solder has shown just how important he is to the Offensive Line. That said, I expect a different Patriots to show up. I can't believe they don't have a few shots left to fire that have been tucked away for the playoffs. Who saw the formations coming last year?

The reason why many mediots would pick KC is due to the fact that many mediots exhibit the same ignorance that patsfans.com continues to exhibit in this thread.

Any team that wins Wildcard weekend is by definition a "hot" team.

The reason for losing 4 of the last 6 is to make sure the team is much healthier than the team that went 2 and 4 over the last 6 games.

Why anyone on patsfans.com lends any credence to the last 6 games as predictive for next week should have their head examined of Ian should banish based of basic stupidity.

It's very simple. BB accepted the conditions of the past 6 games to ensure that those conditions do not happen next week. Why this cannot be understood is an absolute mystery. Opinions based on this lack of predictive dynamics really makes one wonder how "thinking" really happens.

The reason why many mediots would pick KC is due to the fact that many mediots exhibit the same ignorance that patsfans.com continues to exhibit in this thread.

The reason for losing 4 of the last 6 is to make sure the team is much healthier than the team that went 2 and 4 over the last 6 games.

Why anyone on patsfans.com lends any credence to the last 6 games as predictive for next week should have their head examined of Ian should banish based of basic stupidity.

It's very simple. BB accepted the conditions of the past 6 games to ensure that those conditions do not happen next week. Why this cannot be understood is an absolute mystery. Opinions based on this lack of predictive dynamics really makes one wonder how "thinking" really happens.
The fact is, nobody knows what's going to happen before the game is played. It's all best educated guess stuff.

The fact is, nobody knows what's going to happen before the game is played. It's all best educated guess stuff.

Actually it's not best educated.

That's the point.

A best educated thread would speculate and assess the current projected health of the team. That's the dynamic that wil most likely determine what will happen over the next few weeks.

If this team is as healthy as it looks now.........they should be the clear cut favorites.

Actually it's not best educated.

That's the point.

A best educated thread would speculate and assess the current projected health of the team. That's the dynamic that wil most likely determine what will happen over the next few weeks.

If this team is as healthy as it looks now.........they should be the clear cut favorites.
Given the players on IR, this team isn't close to being healthy so it makes your point moot.

Given the players on IR, this team isn't close to being healthy so it makes your point moot.

Huh?

When did Edelman, Gronk, Amendola, McCourty, Chung, and Hightower go an IR?

That's what brings one closer to health.

That brings the counter point from moot to nonsense.

Huh?

It's amazing who is on IR for the Pats. If we even had 1/2 or even 1/3 of those players, I don't think anyone could beat the Pats.

RESERVE/INJURED

# NAME POS. HT. WT. AGE EXP. COLLEGE

Blount, LeGarrette
RB
6-0
Oregon
Brown, Tarell
CB
5-11
Texas
Derby, AJ
TE
6-5
R
Arkansas
Develin, James
FB
6-3
Brown
Dobson, Aaron
WR
6-3
Marshall
Easley, Dominique
DL
6-2
Florida
Flowers, Trey
DL
6-2
R
Arkansas
Gaffney, Tyler
RB
6-0
Stanford
Gibson, Brandon
WR
6-0
Washington State
Lewis, Dion
RB
5-8
Pittsburgh
Roberts, Darryl
DB
6-0
R
Marshall
Solder, Nate
T
6-8
Colorado
Tyms, Brian
WR
6-3
Florida A&M
Wendell, Ryan
OL
6-2

Our two best RB, two starting Olinemen from our SB team (Solder being our best Olineman), Tarell Brown was playing well for us before getting hurt, Trey Flowers looked excellent in limited time, Easley finally looked explosive like he did in college. Our fullback who is a key to our running game and catches passes like a 3rd TE. Just devastating losses.

Even Dobson could be a solid #4 receiver if healthy (which is never).

You realize KC has won 11 in a row now right? Pretty sure calling them a hot team has alot to do with that and not just their wildcard win.

Really glad we're at home for this one. I was at the Chiefs Pats Monday nighter at arrowhead when they crushed us.

They broke the world record for loudest stadium that game.

Huh?

Why are you being argumentative? Blount, Lewis, Solder and Easley aren't walking through that door against Kansas. That is a significant amount of talent lost to IR. For mine, Solder is the most significant loss mainly because he's a damn good lineman and his loss trickles down the unit more than the others.

As long as the game ends in Andy Reid needing to manage a 2 minute drill, we're golden!

Hopefully, there won't be a lot of NEP turnovers due to players being rusty. :eek:

I understand why he made the prediction. KC is a good team, I think they're more evenly matched than a lot of casual fans realize, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they won. It's not an outlandish pick, especially given how the Pats have played for the past two months and how much they're relying on guys coming back from injury.

More importantly for Deion, if he's wrong nobody will remember him making this prediction, but if he's right he'll be patting himself on the back for the next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back