PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Branch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I think he will be cut from Seattle, any chance he could become the 3rd or 4th WR?

Moss, Galloway, Welker, Lewis, Emedlman=enough.

At least Branch can run the routes, which is more than we can say for Galloway.

I haven't seen Branch play since he left NE, but if he's got something left and he does get cut, why not take a look? The system's changed a lot since he was here, but he did have good chemistry with Brady. Plays can be learned.

I know it's early and the offense is quite complicated, but so far Galloway has really struggled to get on the same page as Brady. I like Edelman a lot, but rookie WRs rarely contribute in their first season. Lewis has been solid, but not spectacular.

I'm not saying the Pats should be worrying about the WR situation or anything. But even on a stacked team like this one, you can always get better.

Deion Branch is gonna have a hard time finding a team to pony up the kindof change he's just been paid by Seattle. In fact, he'd probably only be offered a minimal contract at this point in the season. It would depend on why he were being cut as to whether or not we'd be interested. If its strictly a cap/contract situation, get the man in here. See what he's working with and how that knee is. What's the risk?

For the right price, no doubt.
I'm not sold on Galloway, and he is only signed for one year anyway.

Why will he be cut....cap issues, health, performance? I'd take a healthy Branch any day...the guy could cut on a dime and was a great intermediate WR. A 1 year short contract with Brady tossing him the ball could set him up for a better future contract. Stallworth certainly saw the coin after leaving NE....except for the killing part.

I don't think there's any chance they cut him. If they were to, I'd think the Pats would bring him in in a nanosecond.

Cleveland.

They could give him a no signing bonus contract and then cut him at the latest possible date which would still avoid a cap ahit.

He needs to be taught a lesson. Rub his face in his poor decision to leave.

The guy is too injury prone. He's not worth whatever money he'd get.

Don't know when other teams are going to learn to stay away from our players; name one who has left here to go on to bigger and better things.

It's not the players, it's the system and the coaches within that system. BB has surrounded himself with coaches who can "coach up" a player and get the most out of him, end of story.

Can't see how they'd cut him; makes no sense $$$$wise.

I watched one of Seattle's first pre-season games, and the local Seattle TV broadcast was interviewing him as one of the team leaders. I doubt that they cut him because it makes them look bad for making the trade.

After the bunghole way he forced himself out of here, I would be surprised if the Pats took him back. I'm surprised that a fan would want him back. It's like when your girlfriend dumps you in a lousy and callous way, hanging you out to dry, and then when her new boyfriend dumps her, you go sniffing around wanting her back. Well, my-ee-eye own father, said, give her up don't bother, the world isn't coming to an end. Walk like a man, fast as you can, walk like a man from Me-ee-ee-on

Who is this Branch? I think ive seen his name on the injury report.

He can have his cash. Loved his play in NE, but when he cried for money, I was satisfied with the way the Pats got enough out of the deal.

The only regret... I wonder what would have happened in Indy if Branch was on the field in the AFCCG...

We all set now - he can come : for cheap. Otherwise, I wish him good luck in his pursuit of more cash.

While I don't follow the Seahawks I know he made some rather sweet plays for them last year, so far he seems like an infinitely better bet than Galloway, but than again I'd also like to take a serious look at Matt Jones if Galloway doesn't work out (assuming he doesn't have a coke problem anymore).

The Seahawks have a lot of depth at the WR position.

They have four NFL quality WRs, three with starting capability, even without Branch. They could afford to cut him depthwise. I know nothing about his cap situation.

I would also welcome him back to New England. The fact is, people who take below market contracts sometimes know what they're doing. Look at Bruschi, he never had a contract that made him a prime target for getting cut, and he's put in 14 years. 14 years at 80% of your value (especially when you're not paying an agent) is more money than 8 years at 100% of your value.

Deion Branch may finally understand that pretty soon.

Cleveland sounds right........or the broncos since marshall is trying to find a way out of town

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3