PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Branch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude's ligaments and muscles are made of flowers and faerie dust. Vet minimum only and we all know he isn't taking that.

Last edited:
Don't know when other teams are going to learn to stay away from our players; name one who has left here to go on to bigger and better things.

It's not the players, it's the system and the coaches within that system. BB has surrounded himself with coaches who can "coach up" a player and get the most out of him, end of story.

Can't see how they'd cut him; makes no sense $$$$wise.

Joe Andruzzi, Dan Klecko, Ty Law, are some of the recent ones.. Greg Spires had many productive years with Tampa.

Cleveland.
That's a much better thought...if he were cut. Branch couldn't replace Galloway, they are 2 different WRs, who offer different skill sets. What Branch did best was separate on the break. That's what we get from Welker...and maybe Edelman. Galloway is here to offer speed on the outside opposite Moss, Branch doesn't give you that.

Deion got the money he wanted, and has lived the last 3 years in total anonymity. Just what he deserved the greedy bastard. ;)

Is it Time to Cut Ties with Deion Branch?

They need him more than they need to get rid of him...I doubt he gets cut and even if he did get cut I doubt he comes here to play for the Patriots again.
I'm not sure he doesn't get cut but I agree, I don't see him coming here. The Seahawks have a large relative number in 2009 cap in three players,
T.J. Houshmandzadeh $5.9 million salary cap number for 2009....
Branch $7.5 million ($4.9 salary and $2.6 prorated signing bonus)
Nate Burleson $4.25 million...(according to rotoworld numbers)
If they cut Branch, they don't save that much, so is it worth it to them??
-------------------------------------
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/243818-seattle-seahawks-weighing-the-branch

>>>>Branch accounts for $7.5 million against the cap this season. If the Seahawks were to release him he would account for only $6.4 million, giving the Hawks a total savings of $1.1 million.<<<<

Last edited:
I don't think there's any chance they cut him. If they were to, I'd think the Pats would bring him in in a nanosecond.

I agree on both counts.

Deion is, by his own admission, not his former self physically.

“You will never be back to normal once you have this type of procedure done. I actually feel stronger, but it’s not normal,” said Branch, who turns 30 next month. “Something has been done that removed (parts) of my knee. My biggest thing is to continue to strengthen it.”

Seahawks receiver Deion Branch returns to practice, but says he’ll never be back to normal

Whether or not BB would have him back, Patriots fans would need to adjust expectations.

Baltimore is looking for a receiver too. Mason semi retired this year and is getting older. They picked up Kelly Washington who looks to make the team possibly as their #2. :eek:

I'd take a look at Branch in a heartbeat--what else is out there at this point? He would know the routes and Brady had tremendous chemistry with him in the offense. Galloway looks much slower than advertised, plus many have mentioned is taking too long to understand the playbook. I don't think wide receivers can be any slower than Galloway at this point, at least Branch knows Brady and the Pats offensive tendencies.

Last edited:
Deion is, by his own admission, not his former self physically.

Seahawks receiver Deion Branch returns to practice, but says he’ll never be back to normal

Whether or not BB would have him back, Patriots fans would need to adjust expectations.

Would they take him, I don't think so?? I would love to see it because he was so much fun to watch......but......look at my "if's"

IF he has anything left.

IF he would accept an at or near vet min deal.

IF BB feels Galloway is not ging to get it.

I think it won't happen, Seattle has little to save by cutting him, hence they only would if he is pretty much done.

I doubt he would take such a low salary unless it was all there was for him and other more needy teams teams may give him a shot.

I think Galloway will be just fine here, once he gets things down pat and I see no reason why he won't.

I'd take a look at Branch in a heartbeat--what else is out there at this point? He would know the routes and Brady had tremendous chemistry with him in the offense. Galloway looks much slower than advertised, plus many have mentioned is taking too long to understand the playbook. I don't think wide receivers can be any slower than Galloway at this point, at least Branch knows Brady and the Pats offensive tendencies.

That is not accurate. Galloway looked to me to be real fast when he was just running drills in camp. I agree he seems slow on the field but I think that has to do with his thinking too much. If/when he gets on the same page with Brady we will see his speed.

As to Branch I think we all would welcome back the Branch we new during the SB years but not at the price he wanted in 06...and likely not at the price he would want if he was free again.
But the real question is what does he have left because he would be real intriguing with Moss and Welker as he can be a good split end and a good slot guy and Brady is comfortable with him.
Aside from the above one has to wonder if he would come back and if he would be welcome back....I think at the right price the answer to both would be yes but is the price the same for both and how far off would they be.

All seems moot as someone pointed out wouldn't save seattle much if cut so the only reason to cut him is if he sux.

Damn, you got me all excited. I'd love to have him back and paired up with Moss and Welker. Unfortunately, it sounds like there is zero chance of seattle letting him go. He's signed through 2011 and the salary cap hit would be too large to justify it at this point.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back here at some point after 2010.

Last edited:
super bowls since deion branch was traded: 0

bring him back if Tommy can negotiate a deep discount on the behalf of whoever took over for Pioli.

Don't know when other teams are going to learn to stay away from our players; name one who has left here to go on to bigger and better things.

It's not the players, it's the system and the coaches within that system. BB has surrounded himself with coaches who can "coach up" a player and get the most out of him, end of story.

Can't see how they'd cut him; makes no sense $$$$wise.

99% don't . . . but Adam V. comes to mind, after he left one SB to him and zero to NE and one lonnnng 4th&12 in SB 42 :(

I still highly doubt he gets cut, but if he does he will be here in a heartbeat and i will guaranSHEE (shout out to newest Celtic, Rasheed Wallace) a 4th super bowl title. The chemistry between him and Tom was immepecable. Imagine Moss, Welker, and Branch? yikes!!!

I'd replace Galloway with Branch in a nanosecond.

Even if he did get cut (which I don't think he will), I highly doubt he would come back here. Too much of a pride thing. I think that bridge has been burned.

I love that DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back