PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Pats Fans...September's Game of the Month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three interceptions in a playoff game is a huge negative. Rivers didn't play well but he outplayed Tom in that game because he didn't make as many big mistakes. You can't throw three picks and expect to win. Under normal circumstances that last pick was pretty much the season. The Pats were very fortunate that was fumbled back.

Sure he did... keep telling yourself that one.

So Rivers didn't throw a pick that game? I'm actually surprised because he didn't hit many people with the ball. I guess if Brady went 1 - 30 without a pick, he would have smoked Rivers. lol

I will certainly grant you the latter but not the former. Rivers did more than enough to win the game but he could not overcome the combination of some dumb penalties on defense and offense, mistakes on special teams, or bad play-calling on offense in that game.

Perhaps the hightlight of today's game was that we did not shoot ourselves in the foot unlike we did in our last game last year. ;)

more than enough....except complete passes and keep his cool... sure... hurray for moral victories... the Chargers were beat by themselves... Rivers is *AWESOME*... 13 pro bowlers... come on... that's your best...

Okay, what did Rivers do that was "more than enough"? Did he complete the majority of his passes? Did he complete them when they counted? Did his interception get turned into a score?

more than enough....except complete passes and keep his cool... sure... hurray for moral victories... the Chargers were beat by themselves... Rivers is *AWESOME*... 13 pro bowlers... come on... that's your best...

Okay, what did Rivers do that was "more than enough"? Did he complete the majority of his passes? Did he complete them when they counted? Did his interception get turned into a score?

Actually he lost his cool after the game not during it and that sad happenin' will not be happening next Sunday before, during, or after the game by Rivers nor any other Bolt.

Based on what? That's my point... he didn't. The stats and score don't support it. They both played poorly. The difference is that Brady made the throws when he needed to make them and that's the difference.

You can't define a QB by one game...or even one season for that matter. Consistency is everything. It sets the tone for the offense. At this point in time, Rivers can't even be included in a "best quarterbacks" conversation. He isn't even in the same league as Tom Brady as one of the game's elite QB's.

Maybe in time, he will be, but Rivers has a lot to prove...a lot!

You can't define a QB by one game...or even one season for that matter. Consistency is everything. It sets the tone for the offense. At this point in time, Rivers can't even be included in a "best quarterbacks" conversation. He isn't even in the same league as Tom Brady as one of the game's elite QB's.

Maybe in time, he will be, but Rivers has a lot to prove...a lot!

And for the record I never said otherwise. However, it can also be said that he has a lot less to prove than the majority of QB's in the league as will be redemonstrated this Sunday.:)

Pat Fans are also invited to share their wisdom directly @

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=43935

Last edited:
Dear Pats Fans,

For me "Sidelinegate" is much about nothing except that it perhaps gives credence to the rumor that Bill B. indeed has a sense of humor. Certainly, the Patriots do not need to spy of the Jets and for that matter anyone else in the middle of a game to win a football game. Bill B. was just as likely looking to get underneath the Jets coaching staff skin to irritate by giving them something else to think about rather than actually seeking a mid-game advantage which was unneeded by the time any spy information could have been put to effective use anyway. And as it is, most teams already take precautions to keep their signals secret and it just means all need to do a better job.;)

Be that as it may, there is still a big game to play. On Sunday, it will not matter how many cameras are in use by either side for in the end as it always does it will come down to the players and their real-time execution of their gameplan preparation done beforehand. Just like it did in the last two meetings of these teams.

This game is about which team has the best players which executes as a team best. That team will be San Diego come this Sunday.

Caryl

Last edited:
CSFOSTER,
Thanks for being classy.
This weekend is about great football.
We may very well see the best game of our lives.
You certainly have great players on your side of the ball.
Here is my wish for injury free and a great show of athletic talent by our teams players.
May the best TEAM win...:)

CSFOSTER,
Thanks for being classy.
This weekend is about great football.
We may very well see the best game of our lives.
You certainly have great players on your side of the ball.
Here is my wish for injury free and a great show of athletic talent by our teams players.
May the best TEAM win...:)

Yes this will be a great game and that is where this week's focus should be. Norv Turner and the Bolts are here to make a statement by this winning game on your home field. Neither are here to answer questions regarding Bill B.

With that said, if proven my solution would be to have the Pats forfeit the Jets game and call it a day. No team would take another chance on spying on the opposition during a game given this outcome of being caught.

About the best thing that can be said about the Commissioner's imposed penalty for "Sidelinegate" is that he apparently agreed with just about everybody else that the Jets were not going to win that game anyway so the Jets can keep their loss and the Patriots keep thier win last Sunday.;)

And so we can now all focus on September's Game of the Month with the assurance that neither team will be focusing any cameras toward the other's side of the field.:)

This will be a great hard-hitting game with both teams highly motivated from the start. The Bolts seek to temporarily put to rest the nightmare game that concluded last season and the Pats seek to put to rest this nightmare week.

I expect nothing but great execution by all players at all times and as consequence this game will unlikely feature a whole lot of points and instead remain close throughout, be decided by a last minute field goal, and will be long remembered as one of if not the best game of the 2007 season.

Bolts 24 Patriots 21

Then again, the Bolts might take their game against the Pats to a whole different level last seen in 1963.:D

CS you're one of the good fans of the game. I don't go to opposing team sites and troll but I do belong to quite a few of their sites. I try and be respectful and I feel you act the same. I don't like trolls so I don't practice that crap elsewhere.

Glad to have you around.

Very nice post, CS. I disagree with your conclusion, of course.

I'm looking forward to a game that is as intense as a game can get in the regular season.

It's a pity that the statement that shuts up the babbling mediots and excuse makers will have to be at the expense of your Chargers, but that's the way the ball bounces, old chum.

Cheers,

PFnV

Last edited:
Yes this will be a great game and that is where this week's focus should be. Norv Turner and the Bolts are here to make a statement by this winning game on your home field. Neither are here to answer questions regarding Bill B.

With that said, if proven my solution would be to have the Pats forfeit the Jets game and call it a day. No team would take another chance on spying on the opposition during a game given this outcome of being caught.

CSFOSTER,

You started out being classy with just a touch of Homerism so I treated you with repect.
Now you share your TROLL opinion with us.
Well opinions are just like ARSEWHOLES.
We can at least agree that the teams will settle our differences on the field.
Then we can expect you not to return until the playoffs...
if your team can make it that far.

CSFOSTER,

You started out being classy with just a touch of Homerism so I treated you with repect.
Now you share your TROLL opinion with us.
Well opinions are just like ARSEWHOLES.
We can at least agree that the teams will settle our differences on the field.
Then we can expect you not to return until the playoffs...
if your team can make it that far.

As you say everyone has one including you. But lets not pretend that my opinion is one that has not been expressed by some Pats Fans themselves on this board. The bottom-line is that the aggrieved party still has a loss and the offending party still has a win. So be it and we move on putting the focus on where it should have been all week.

Last edited:
Very nice post, CS. I disagree with your conclusion, of course.

I'm looking forward to a game that is as intense as a game can get in the regular season.

It's a pity that the statement that shuts up the babbling mediots and excuse makers will have to be at the expense of your Chargers, but that's the way the ball bounces, old chum.

Cheers,

PFnV

All the babbling mediots including Boomer are picking you guys.:D

Last edited:
I fully respect cfoster's opinion. Here's to a good game.

Let me be the first to say that you guys are going to be unpleasantly surprised by the strength of our secondary today which has finally learned how to play in coordination with our front seven. :)

Nor will we be playing a prevent defense at anytime during this game.;)

The Chargers need to play a clean, disciplined game to beat NE. We didn't see that last week.

No doubt the players will be up for this game. That level of emotion tends to lead to aggressiveness, not discipline.

I just don't see how SD will become any more disciplined. I expect them to be a little sloppy and overaggressive. I just don't expect a young, inexperienced team to properly channel that energy. I'm not saying that aggressive energy is always a bad thing (to the contrary it can be a great asset sometimes), just that NE can and will use it against you.

I think SD would have been better off meeting NE a little later in the season. They were not sharp last week and likely will not suddenly be sharp this week.

Then again, teams can look shaky one win and great the next. Who knows.

OT, in a way...

a link to Howard Bryant's ESPN puff-piece on the SD-NE game (followed by the same on the NYY-Red Sox game).

Bryant Story

Perhaps I am wrong here, but it seems that once again, for Bryant it is essential to stress the cult of personality, and race...

Let's hope the game is less puffy.

OT, in a way...

a link to Howard Bryant's ESPN puff-piece on the SD-NE game (followed by the same on the NYY-Red Sox game).

Bryant Story

Perhaps I am wrong here, but it seems that once again, for Bryant it is essential to stress the cult of personality, and race...

Let's hope the game is less puffy.

Actually pretty much On Topic and nothing I can disagree with. Tonight will let everyone know whether or not the Bolts have learned their lesson from that season-ending game.

Look forward to talking with you guys come win or lose immediately following September's Game of the Month! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes