PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deadspin:Patriots Brandon Meriweather Allegedly involved in shooting of two men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Deadspin:patriots Safety Brandon Meriweather Allegedly Guns Down Two Men During B

If true, I want him gone today. But not even the victim's attorney believes the story to be true yet. He was just on WEEI and said they are stilll doing their own investigation to determine if it is true and he doesn't even know if Meriweather was in Florida that night at this point.

This isn't a case like Marvin Harrison just yet. Harrison had the gun that did the shooting and turned it over to the police with a BS explaination how he could have possession of the gun, but not do the shooting with it. Right now, only the victims say Meriweather did the shooting and even their lawyer isn't sure if they are pointing the finger at him because he represents the biggest payday.

Re: Deadspin:patriots Safety Brandon Meriweather Allegedly Guns Down Two Men During B

I believe I saw on twitter last week that he had just achieved some of his escalators and his salary was increasing. But then there were the comments or rumors of comments he made just after the season ended related to being done here. Hard to tell with Big Bang Clock what he might have been referring to, a lockout or holdout or a sense he wasn't in the plans going forward...who knows.

There was a comment in comments section of PFT's coverage indicating that the radio host who actually broke this story rumor last week was on WEEI this AM and said that the league had sent down a team of investigators last week to look into the situation before the mainstream media even picked up on it. Even if this incident never makes it to the level of a criminal complaint (ala Harrison) I have a feeling Brandon has probably played his last down here. Whether they can ultimately flip him for something not even approaching his pre incident value will remain to be seen.

keep it in your pants, girls....

thus far, he allegedly shot 2 people........allegedly, he was even there

there are no 'ifs' ........ innocent until proven guilty

don't lower your standards just because you don't like the guy

Wrong.

Curran isn't a "source".

He's just reporting the old news that Deadspin has a report on it.

In the meantime, where there's smoke there's fire, and Merriwether has been a veritable chimney since before he got here.

If only this particular story (whether or not it is true) got out AFTER we could have traded him at his value apex (2010 season Pro-Bowler (yeah right)........ Would've been nice to get value in a trade in return for him. He's a knucklehead. After this year his rookie contract will be up, he'll have a big head about the Pro-Bowl and will have delusions of grandeur.

My thoughts exactly. Why I wanted to trade the "pro bowler". Leopards don't change their spots and dummies don't suddenly get smart. It's a shame to waste the talent, but some guys seem intent on it.

Note to self, draft at least one safety in the draft :).

It was a need anyway.

Merriweather was never the answer to begin with. Another draft BUST.

I believe I saw on twitter last week that he had just achieved some of his escalators and his salary was increasing. But then there were the comments or rumors of comments he made just after the season ended related to being done here. Hard to tell with Big Bang Clock what he might have been referring to, a lockout or holdout or a sense he wasn't in the plans going forward...who knows.

There was a comment in comments section of PFT's coverage indicating that the radio host who actually broke this story rumor last week was on WEEI this AM and said that the league had sent down a team of investigators last week to look into the situation before the mainstream media even picked up on it. Even if this incident never makes it to the level of a criminal complaint (ala Harrison) I have a feeling Brandon has probably played his last down here. Whether they can ultimately flip him for something not even approaching his pre incident value will remain to be seen.

not sure why the league is sending anyone......no CBA, no personal conduct policy.

sorry, but brandon ain't even on the clock now

It was a need anyway.

hardly a bust.........stop hating

I changed the thread title. "guns down 2 men" is a little dramatic from what the story reads.

i guess this means we cant get a 2d round pick for him

not sure why the league is sending anyone......no CBA, no personal conduct policy.

sorry, but brandon ain't even on the clock now

The alleged incident happened on the clock is why...

And he remains under contract to an NFL franchise whether or not there is a CBA presently in effect because there will likely be another one of sometime in the forseeable future or better (or worse in some respects) yet there will be operations ongoing under owners workplace rules... The personal conduct policy isn't going away. Not sure it's even being negotiated this time around. Reportedly one of the minor issues the two sides had come to relatively painless agreement on already was the recoverability of signing bonus in the event of suspensions and incarcerations or behavior off the field that limited a players availability to get on it... Much like the rookies and tag victims the NFLPA was only too willing to throw the screw ups under the bus as part of any negotiation...

hardly a bust.........stop hating

Yea I agree, he really isn't that bad of a player. He took a bit of a step back last year but, in 09 he was a very good player. You're not gonna draft hall of famers with every pick.

Yea I agree, he really isn't that bad of a player. He took a bit of a step back last year but, in 09 he was a very good player. You're not gonna draft hall of famers with every pick.

1st round picks arent supposed to be ******s.

Everytime you turned around this dope was getting benched for something. Its no surprise that he couldnt heed advice to stay out of trouble.

The victims' attorney has backtracked from his earlier comments about Merriweather. Hopefully Brandon was not involved. He's a good player.

Let's wait for all the facts to come out.

Oxqtc-1.jpg

I'll gladly eat crow if this isn't this isn't the case, but I have a hard time believing Meriweather is in any trouble.

It was a need anyway.

:confused:

In four seasons, he's been a pro-bowler twice (probably undeserved this past year, but you cannot suck and be a pro-bowler). In the last 3 seasons he's had 12 interceptions and 4 forced fumbles.

He might not be an all-time great (duh), but the guy is a playmaker at safety. Hardly a bust.

This is a moneygrab, plain and simple. The police have no record of this, and brandon meriweather isn't listed in any police reports as a victim, witness, suspect, or person of interest. The lawyer just back tracked big time once T&R got him on the air. This happened over 2 weeks ago, and it sounds to me like something happened at the party and the guys went to the hospital and then left it alone. Then recently, they found out Brandon was there, and are trying to stick this on him so they can get some money in a civil suit.

After hearing the lawyer on 98.5, I got to think this is BS, if the big bang clock actually shot these guys 2 weeks ago he would most likely be in police custody

Enquiring minds want to know where was Marvin Harrison when this shooting occurred?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye