PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deadspin:Patriots Brandon Meriweather Allegedly involved in shooting of two men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to derail the thread, but in the Meriweather scenario, it's something we've seen before: you have a fight and some tough guy has a gun on him and shots get fired. Not to be flippant, but it happens. Not saying it makes it less of a crime, but it's not premeditated, it's usually some idiot running on instinct with some mob mentality thrown in. It's hard to tell if the intent is to kill or frighten or what. In this specific case, we don't know enough. Either way, it's just a different dynamic.

As for Roethlisberger, there really isn't anything more heinous than rape as far as I'm concerned, and per the details of that night's event, he - whether the AG thought they could convict him or not - most likely committed the act.
Personally I'd rather get raped than shot in the head. no homo. lol.

For the record, I think Brandon is an adequate to above average safety, certainly no Rodney Harrison, but he makes big plays along with the occasional brainfart.

I'd guess the more we learn about this the less likely it looks Meriweather had any wrongdoing.

That said, Meriweather has had a few of those brainfarts on and off the field. It's beginning to seem like a trend. Two things he's done irk me most: His self-professed freestyling that got him benched and the fact he was one of the guys laughing it up in the locker room after the brutal Dolphins '09 loss and instead of mourning said loss, planning their big night out in Miami. We jetissoned Burgress, Springs and Thomas for similar negative locker room karma. If Meriweather weren't the above average safety you describe, which he is, he'd be long gone, too.

Meriweather is starting to disappoint off the field too, Ray Lewis would've killed both of them.

Re: Deadspin:patriots Safety Brandon Meriweather Allegedly Guns Down Two Men During B

Slightly more legit source. Tom Curran.

Report: Meriweather involved in shooting

This is like a game of pin the tail on the donkey at the school for the blind.

What a state journalism is in. Jeez, if you can't trust Deadspin to get confirmation, who can you trust?

Every "legitimate" paper just follows along as the story evolves.

So is Meriweather the shooter or not? That's pretty crucial. If he really did shoot someone... :eek: I think he's gone. I was thinking he might be gone next year anyways because we're not going to extend him for big $$. But this incident may have sped up the process. Meriweather is nowhere as good as Lawyer Milloy was when he got cut by the Pats.

Can you guys stop with your juvenile no homo stuff please?

I'm sorry, I didn't see the rule that said I cannot claim to be straight, especially in the context of my preference of getting raped over shot in the head. I tried to PM this to you but I don't have enough posts. Sorry for the thread derailing, I'm done.

I'm sorry, I didn't see the rule that said I cannot claim to be straight, especially in the context of my preference of getting raped over shot in the head. I tried to PM this to you but I don't have enough posts. Sorry for the thread derailing, I'm done.

I mean, I really don't give a damn what your sexual orientation is. I can't see how that's relevant at all to a football board@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell cares? Grow up.

I mean, I really don't give a damn what your sexual orientation is. I can't see how that's relevant at all to a football board@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was obviously relevant to the conversation we were having. I am sorry you cannot handle an adult topic, and that's why I won't get into the details of how it was relevant. I also find it funny that the guy who gets all bent out of shape discussing something adults discuss on a regular basis is telling others to grow up. Look in the mirror.

The thread is about an alleged murder attempt, which was compared to an alleged rape by another football player. Rape involves sexual reproductive organs - it's science.

It was obviously relevant to the conversation we were having. I am sorry you cannot handle an adult topic, and that's why I won't get into the details of how it was relevant. I also find it funny that the guy who gets all bent out of shape discussing something adults discuss on a regular basis is telling others to grow up. Look in the mirror.

The thread is about an alleged murder attempt, which was compared to an alleged rape by another football player. Rape involves sexual reproductive organs - it's science.

Unreal. I've heard it all now. Your sexuality is somehow relevant to the story on Meriweather.

Pipe down...No pun intended?
*Goes on to mind someone else business.*

Personally I'd rather get raped than shot in the head. no homo. lol.

Eh, I'll take the shot in the head. The guy lived and if he was actually shot prolly got paid off.

Guess he isn't even a suspect right now. This story getting pretty weird.

BTW, if any of you have looked at ESPN.com, this story isn't big enough to warrant front page mention. . . .

Looks like Deadspin et. al. took a bad angle on the Meriweather play

Looks like Deadspin et. al. took a bad angle on the Meriweather play

doublefacepalmp1.gif

Last edited:
Those damn kids these days. With their hippidy hop music and their baseball caps on backwards. Wearing voodoo rags with their underpants hanging out of their dungarees. Of course they shoot at eachother. In my day that was called respecting America!

When you listen to the absolute crap that they call music making heros of thugs and womanizers it becomes subliminal. What the hell do people expect. When you celebrate morons like Tupac etc. and think they are cool, it gets you dead.

Are there any Mensa rappers? Didn't think so.

First qualification to be a thug=Are you an imbecile? Second qualification=Will you listen to innate drivel sing song that pretends it is actually artistically created music? Third=Will you declare every women you meet including your Mama as "b1tches"

Shirley Ellis recorded the record "The Name Game" in 1965. You would think those producers and record label would sue every rapper in the industry for royalties. Let's get this over to Morgan and Morgan. They have got nothing better to do.

Superb post sir.
DW Toys

Last edited:
When you listen to the absolute crap that they call music making heros of thugs and womanizers it becomes subliminal. What the hell do people expect. When you celebrate morons like Tupac etc. and thing they are cool, it gets you dead.

Superb post sir.
DW Toys

Yup the music did it. Wait no maybe it was the Matrix or Grand Theft Auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back